The Diamond Challenge: Round 3 - Wk 3 (DITR

Options
Hello Diamonds!

I hope that you all had a fabulous 4th of July holiday (...or just a great weekend in general for those of you on the other side of the pond). As you now know, the DITR unfortunately lost to the DD last week. But, NO WORRIES ladies! I read your comments, and I have to tell ya that there were several of you dealing with your monthly friend (TOM). So, that being said, you should all be proud of what you did lose or manage to not gain! We are, after all, only human! We should all be very proud of a total loss of 26.7 pounds last week.

This week though, no excuses! I expect you all to be giving it an extra push for yourselves and for our team. Every day you have to remember why you are on this journey and that the rewards that you will reap are mighty SWEET!

Congratulations to the our biggest losers for this week:

Laura (yacekl) is the biggest loser for the Pink Diamonds with a 2.5 pound loss! Go Laura!

Malissa (majpal) held it down for the Yellow Diamonds with a 3 pound loss. Woop!

Meghan (TwinMom12409) shred a whopping 4 pounds and helped lead the Blue Diamonds to yet another victory!

Yes, the Blue Diamonds are our week 2 winners, so individual winners and Blue Diamonds can add yet another Diamond to your signatures! Pinks and Yellows, don't let the Blue's sweep! Blue Diamonds lost a total of 11.9 pounds. Pink Diamonds lost 9.4 pounds, and the Yellow Diamonds trailed at 5.4 pounds.

By the way, all of our individual winners are new diamonds. Returning Diamonds, don't let these new girls outshine you!

As always, we celebrate every loss! Congrats to the following winning losers:

Cee 1
Elle 0.8
Falicia 0.8
Jamaica 1.8
Kristin A 1
Kristin M 1.4
Lauren 1.5
Logan 0.4
Maria 1.6
Maureen 1.8
Molly 0.5
Monja 0.6
Nicki K 1.5
Raquel 2
Trina 0.5

Great job ladies! Keep shining!

Both our team and individual winners can claim their diamond ring here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/118GUu1IVHAVXHjgLJ-Ns95Ir30jkj7RmFxT627meXYo/edit?hl=en_US&pli=1

Below are upcoming QOTD dates. For a complete list please visit the DITR toolbox in the DITR blog.

5906643110_b1fdd2bc18_b.jpg

Replies

• DiamondsInTheRough
    Options
    I'm going to continue the QOTD on this thread:
    QOTD Tuesday: What are your favorite low calorie snacks?

I'm posting the question for my partner, who is on vacation :)

The one that comes to mind are these microwave potato chips I make. Don't judge me until you try them! LOL.

5906681096_c7b139be1d.jpg
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday: What are your favorite low calorie snack?

I like 100 calorie kettle corn and 100 calorie blue bunny krunchie lites (ice cream bars).
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches OR fresh mushrooms dipped in low-cal ranch dressing
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    QOTD Tuesday-low cal snack.

My fav right now is a medium banana with about 2T nutella spread and smooshed around it. Super yummy! It gives me my chocolate fix!
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options

I have several little snacks that I love. I especially like to dip red, yellow, and green bell peppers in a light ranch dip. I also love to have banana peppers wrapped in ham with light cream cheese. I also give into my chocolate cravings sometimes and eat a chocolate pie jello temptation. They are about 120 calories so it's not too, too bad. There are several others but I'm getting hungry just thining of them!!!!!!!!! LOL
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options

low fat popcorn
  • TwinMom12409
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad I could help the Blue Diamonds win this past week! It was a great week for me!
    Congrats to everyone!!!

QOTD Tuesday: My favorite Low Cal snack is a toss up between- SF FF pudding and 94% FF microwave popcorn. Simple but SO good! =)
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Tuesday QOTD ~ My favorite low calorie snack is fruit salad. I love all kinds of fresh fruit.
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday: Other than myfitnesspal (!), what is your favorite weight loss tool?

Sorry this is a rerun question from round 2, but I liked it the first time!

My answer - I'd have to say my kitchen scale. I got it a couple of months ago and it really changed the way I prepared my food. Now I weigh my 3 ounces of chicken, my however-many ounces of cantaloupe, etc. I was pretty much delusional when it came to portion sizes before starting mfp and getting my scale!
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm going to continue the QOTD on this thread:

I'm posting the question for my partner, who is on vacation :)

The one that comes to mind are these microwave potato chips I make. Don't judge me until you try them! LOL.

5906681096_c7b139be1d.jpg

I found a new love, its called tropical trail mix, It has off course nuts(peanuts, almonds, cashews ect.) it also has dried fruit (like papayas, bananas and pineapple. also w/ raisins and chocolate ( the only thing annoying about it is that it says it may contain Brazilian nuts, which i'm deathly allergic too, but good news i didn't die at work today so this batch didn't have it.)

Okay i'm gonna vent real quick.... i hate that all these pre made trail mixes say they could contain these kinda nuts. Especially knowing i'm suppose to stay away from them. (cause i kinda want to breathe, i'm weird like that) But anyways their really good (the trail mix)
  • majpal
    majpal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD ~ My second favorite weight loss tool (after MFP) is my jogging shoes. A good pair of shoes makes it easier and more comfortable to walk, jog, and do other workouts.
  • ActiveFaith10
    ActiveFaith10 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wednesday: Favorite weight loss tool besides MFP??

I reallyyy like eatthisnotthatbook.com website. Iy gives you healthier and usually cheaper options of the same kinds of food! I have the cook this not that book and the eat this not that, and my family and I reference it all the time!! Youll always catch me reading articles on the site and the free email I subscribe to!

Go Blue Diamond ;)
  • stepbystep6
    stepbystep6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

Laughing cow cheese, and in season fresh fruit

QOTD: Wednesday Favorite weight loss tool?

Tredmill - it is a nice one that only cost $100 used. I love being able to throw on a pair of shoes and be able to get moving when ever it happens to work in my day. It takes away many of my excuses for not exercising.
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Qotd Wednesday: for me it is my new heart rate monitor. Although it was a bit depressing at first, it means I enter accurate calorie burn rather than the numbers in mfp database, which on the whole are way too high
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    QOTD Wednesday: Other than myfitnesspal (!), what is your favorite weight loss tool?

Sorry this is a rerun question from round 2, but I liked it the first time!

I will have to say it is a toss up between my kitchen scale and my bathroom scale. I love my kitchen scale because I used to have to use measuring cups for everything and still have inaccurate serving sizes (how tightly should I pack this ice cream in here?). Now I just put my little bowl on the scale, zero it out, and add my 61 grams of Turkey Hill Light Vanilla :-)

I used to HATE my bathrooms scale because it was inaccurate as heck. Don't get the cheapo Weight Watchers scale! ...I hear the nicer one is okay. Anyhow, I now LOVE my Taylor scale... it's sleek, black, and incredibly accurate with plenty of standing space and a bright red read out that you can read even if you're too lazy to turn on the light in the bathroom (don't judge me).
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of the losers this week! You ladies rocked it and deserve a big round of applause for your determination and hard work. Come on DITR, we can not let DD sweep the whole competition! GO PINK!

QOTD: Wednesday Favorite weight loss tool besided MFP?

Other than MFP, I don't really have a favorite tool. I don't have a HRM or pedometer or any other gadget like that. I guess my walking shoes...
  • lisa_lotte
    lisa_lotte Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi Diamonds!!!

Either satsuma if i'm being good, or if a little bit naughty - Quavers (for those of you in America, they are cheese flavoured crisps - 87 calories)

Has to be my HRM!!! Motivates me like nothing else to exercise and work hard :-)

Lisa :flowerforyou:
  • pverbarg
    pverbarg Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Mine would be my heart rate monitor, even though when I did the last fit test on it, it's suddenly giving me crazy calorie burns (which I'm not recording). No way I ran off 1500 calories this morning. Will be redoing the fit test tonight to get it back where it needs to be!
  • countryrose7
    countryrose7 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: Probably my MFP partner Maria!! She helps keep me accountable and bugs me until I exercise. (all in a good way!) Thanks Maria!
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

0% Fat Source yogurt - 35 cals per individual serving....especially the lemon merigue flavour! Yum!!! I take one to the office to eat about 4:00 p.m. so I am not starving while making supper - stops me from tasting too much!

Well, I just bought a HRM from Amazon this morning - so hopefully that will be. Right now, likely my exercise DVDs