MEN ONLY: ???

Options
fatboypup
fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
Okie now that im 100% sure every lady on MFP has clicked this due to the title and I'm sure you prolly can help being the super nipple gender heres my question/problem. Being overweight most of my life I've had moobs (man boobs) and my nipples have been at least partially inverted or padded around with fat. Losing 80+ lbs my moobs are shrinking and my nipples have went from innies to outies and are rubbing and chaffing on all kinds of exercise type polyester/quick dry athletic shirts. My cycling jersey kills me after a long ride my work out clothes get sweat drenched and rub everthing is irritating them. They've blistered scabbed healed and repeated the cycle to the point I was looking at walmart in the nursing section at gel pads. I've put bag balm on them pre workout and it seems to help some but not much. Whats a guy to do do? Tape them cream them what please help. Also cotton shirts / undershirts are a no go as a need something moisture wicking here in the desert.

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Lanolin helps (big name brand is Lansinoh) for the chapping, apply a small (and I mean small) amt to each nipple twice a day or just before a workout. What about wearing a tank top under shirt? Yeah, it won't help with the wicking but I noticed that a tight under shirt helps keep things in place for me (like my stomach).
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You need a sportsbra. Your nipples are chafed from the fabric rubbing over them. Get something on them that won't move when you do.
  • fatboypup
    Options
    Lanolin helps (big name brand is Lansinoh) for the chapping, apply a small (and I mean small) amt to each nipple twice a day or just before a workout. What about wearing a tank top under shirt? Yeah, it won't help with the wicking but I noticed that a tight under shirt helps keep things in place for me (like my stomach).
    undershirts will not be tolerated
  • fatboypup
    Options
    You need a sportsbra. Your nipples are chafed from the fabric rubbing over them. Get something on them that won't move when you do.

and where might i find this european sport manzire you speak of?
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Waterproof/sweatproof bandaids
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You are right had to look.. a friend of mine had the same issue and used the waterproof band-aids.. it worked for him..
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You can always go topless.
  • fatboypup
    Options

hah they'd prolly kick me out the gym
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Okie now that im 100% sure every lady on MFP has clicked this due to the title

Yep.
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Hah, great strategy. My first suggestion is sports or water proof bandaids. These have saved my life more than a time or two. May seem obvious but I will say it anyway, don't put the adhesive on your nipple, just the pad part, so the size of your nipple will determine the size bandaid to buy.The are a life saver. Also, they make moisture wicking form fitting tanks. The less your shirt can move, the less chafing you will have. Also moisturizing that area more than just pre workout might help. I favor grapeseed oil, rosehip seed oil, our plain old cocoa butter. If only the suggestions I know work for that problem worked for the problems I am having at the heavier weight I am now at, which is thigh and arm boob chafing.
  • Collinsky
    Collinsky Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Have you tried some kind of rash guard? That might chafe less, and surely there is something like that that is made of moisture wicking material.

Also, this might sound dumb, but have you considered putting Band-aids on them when you work out? If that would help, it would be the most no-muss/no-fuss solution.

ETA: Erin and I apparently are on the exact same wavelength. :drinker:
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Had to look too. Try Boudreaux's Butt Paste. It's a diaper rash ointment, but it works WONDERS at solving chafing/blistering/burning skin in a short amount of time. Apply some of this to help your skin heal and maybe it will prevent future issues under your shirt? The band-aids are a good idea too.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options

It's a BRO, not a manzire. Just go buy a black or white one in the womens section. Or send a lady friend to do it. They come in very masculine, straight-up regular styles. It'll be under your t-shirt and no one will ever know. You will be very glad you did.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options

hah they'd prolly kick me out the gym

At least your nipples wouldn't hurt, right? Haha.

Looks like the verdict is band-aides.
  • BranMuffin21
    BranMuffin21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Whatever chaffing lotion/cream you use, make sure its a non greasy formula. You don't want to look like your leaking.
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide!!!!

or Nips (bandaids specifically for that). Although I just buy dot bandaids, often used for warts and small spots.

Most runners who run for a few hours and sweat a lot have to deal with this. get the Bodyglide first... it's like a deoderant stick, and is made specifically to prevent chaffing. Available at running/ cycling/ triathlon stores... or of course online.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    bodyglide your nipples.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I'm guilty. I saw the title and couldn't click fast enough...

Pasties?
  • erinsueburns
    erinsueburns Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Believe it or not, dancewear shops. Same as the form fitting wicking tanks.