MEN ONLY: ???

Options

Replies

• aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide. I use it when my undies chafe on long bike rides.
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Yes to body glide!! :D
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Lanolin helps (big name brand is Lansinoh) for the chapping, apply a small (and I mean small) amt to each nipple twice a day or just before a workout.
    I would use that!! I used it when i was nursing and it works wonders. you can also put i on when you are at home with out a shirt on jus so that you are giving them time to heal. You dont want to use to much because it can get a bit sticky if you put to much. try that and the band-aids so that you dont get your shirt dirty. the lanolin will make them feel better and also help with the pain :0)
  • MMAsac
    MMAsac Posts: 191
    Options
    Yes this happens from me from time to time. I have been applying my deoderant on my chest as well as under my arms and it has seemed to help a little bit.
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I would try bandaids - that's gotta work right AND will get rid of any pesky nipple hair LOL ; )
  • Justcallmejenny
    Options
    I looked too..I dont have a suggestion but I love that most of your answers came from women lol :laugh:
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    just wondering,,,,

how on Earth would a band-aid (any type)

stay on whilst perspiring profusely???

just sayin'......
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty. I saw the title and couldn't click fast enough...

Pasties?

*sigh* us women are so easy to catch! lol. I think I agree with this one the most out of something to cover your nips. They are designed to cover even Large nipples (Im a D cup before and after having a baby so yeah..... not to be overly descriptive!) And I know alot of small busted women who swear by them during sweaty activity they dont want to wear a sports bra due to tan lines. You do need to be using lanolin to heal the cracked, scabbed issue.

PS if you dont want to walk into the women section of walmart for the pasties you can get them online in bulk and I actually think they make a silicon re-usable kind now for non-breastfeeding women which would be more cost effective
  • kayleeblue
    kayleeblue Posts: 273
    Options
    I was going to say bandaids..but I see I've been beaten to it..Good Luck!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Options
    just wondering,,,,

just sayin'......

Its a very strong adhesive. If youve ever had a c-section you know there are some adhesives that just wont come off for ANYTHING (including an entire bottle of shampoo which my OB told me to use to help get the crap off) Im actually mildly allergic to adhesives so I cant use the sports bandaids.

But on a mommy note: You can get the sports bandaides in camo! lol I did for my son and had to use a couple and those things stayed on beautifully! Kids bandaides are obviously desgned to withstand anything!
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    just wondering,,,,

just sayin'......

If you apply them when you are dry, they stay on fairly well. Yes, they will sometimes come off during exercise, but they help cut down drastically on the length of rub time. :wink:
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    At least you don't look like this..

21cun3n.jpg
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Options
    At least you don't look like this..

21cun3n.jpg

OUCH!!!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Okie now that im 100% sure every lady on MFP has clicked this due to the title and I'm sure you prolly can help being the super nipple gender heres my question/problem. Being overweight most of my life I've had moobs (man boobs) and my nipples have been at least partially inverted or padded around with fat. Losing 80+ lbs my moobs are shrinking and my nipples have went from innies to outies and are rubbing and chaffing on all kinds of exercise type polyester/quick dry athletic shirts. My cycling jersey kills me after a long ride my work out clothes get sweat drenched and rub everthing is irritating them. They've blistered scabbed healed and repeated the cycle to the point I was looking at walmart in the nursing section at gel pads. I've put bag balm on them pre workout and it seems to help some but not much. Whats a guy to do do? Tape them cream them what please help. Also cotton shirts / undershirts are a no go as a need something moisture wicking here in the desert.

I used to tape them. But my wife bought me "New Skin" and that's worked wonders!! You gotta put enough on though, mine still get a bit raw when running long distances if I don't.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I read about a guy that lost a lot of weight... 300+ lbs I think who became a runner
    and he experienced bleeding nipples. (chaffed/bleeding etc)

so here's an article that may help you get some relief.

http://www.best-running-tips.com/nipple-chafing.html
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone I found some clear first aid tape in our medicine cabinet it worked for spin class this am ....... and im having less "pesky nipple hair" now lol
  • T0Writ3L0v3
    T0Writ3L0v3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i say pasties.
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options
    Okie now that im 100% sure every lady on MFP has clicked this due to the title

HAHA yep the title definitely got me. I was like WHAAAT MEN ONLY?! :noway: I'm gonna click this!!!
  • efranz12
    efranz12 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My Boyfriend has the exat same problem caused by weight loss and he uses athletic tape to cover his nipples and wears a tightly fitted underarmour underneath or in place of t-shirts. He has found this really cuts down on the pain and chaffing caused by his "man boobs". He also uses bandaids sometimes but finds they fall off easier with all of his sweating.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    just got home from the evening gym trip ...... gotta pull the tape off again ..... OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!