One Food/Drink you gave up

Options
I was beyond addicted to Coca-Cola, but gave it up a few months ago. I had one weekend where I was allowed to have it (birthday weekend!) But I only had a few. But since then, I've given up sugar pop. What foods have you guys given up?

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    french fries
  • Ambeltz2016
    Ambeltz2016 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am slowly weening myself off of pop and junk food. Its hard somedays, but I keep going. :smile:
  • dont_u_mean_carrots
    Options
    Soda. I drink on the weekends but have switched from cans to 2ltr bottle.

High fructose corn syrup is the main thing I've tried to cut out 100% from my diet. So sierra mist has kinda been put on my list lately but only once in a while.
  • TaraRawr
    TaraRawr Posts: 10
    Options
    I've also given up pop. I've also been very conscious of what's in our food and have been avoiding high fructose corn syrup and food dyes....much healthier for my daughters!!!
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    pop and green olives. I LOOOVE green olives and they are healthy for you except for the sodium so I have given them up except for holidays :smile:
  • georgiag111
    georgiag111 Posts: 424
    Options
    Kellogs Frosted Strawberry poptarts
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I refuse to completely give up anything. All things in moderation......works for LIFE.

BUT there are things I choose not to consume simply because of the consequences that follow.

Otherwise, I pretty much allow myself anything in moderation. :)
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm working on giving up artificial sweeteners. So far I've stopped using it in my tea and coffee. After my last 3 diet sodas are gone from the fridge, I'm not buying any more soda (regular or diet) except for special occasions/treats. And I've been trying to pay attention to my yogurt to make sure it doesn't have artificial sweetener in it.

There's a lot of controversy about artificial sweeteners...I don't know if they're bad for you or not but I've decided to just be more natural in general so I'm moving away from them.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Large milk chocolate Iced Mochas from Caribou Coffee with whipped cream on top. Sigh. 520 calories in one.

Well, I gave them up, but cheated a few days ago. I was traveling for 16 hours and bought myself one in the airport in Seattle at 4am during a 2 hour layover- and it was delicious.

But it was the first one I had in three months, and back to the no yummy goodness I go.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    All kinds of Pop - only water for me now!
    McDonalds Breakfast Burritos - because I know I can't have just one
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda in general almost completely. Every once in a while, I'll have a sip or buy one of those tiny cans. I stay away from them at restaurants, or in big bottles.
  • sushisuzi2
    sushisuzi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fries...althought for my birthday yesterday, I ate Denny's hash browns at lunch with my free breakfast Grand Slam.
    My dinners used to consist of a giant plate of chili cheese fries. I still eat crappy, but somehow have managed to lose 15 pounds since June 1.
  • 73vanessa
    73vanessa Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    all junk foods............ snacks of chips and sweet treats and ice cream.. I never drank the soft drinks, so that's not a problem
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    red velvet cupcakes :'(
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Pop! I really don't eat cake or anything either. I'll have the occasional brownie. I haven't quite given up chocolate (I doubt I ever will). Most "sweets" and desserts are reserved for holidays/special occasions (hello - birthday cake!).
  • kimziebaby
    kimziebaby Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i used to be addicted to Sprite and Sierra Mist, then started drinking the diet versions before finding out all the bad facts about diet pop.. so now i just drink bottled water, and sometimes add MiO flavoring to em :)
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Food - I have given up bread. Basicallly because I visited the doctors last year, for help to loose weight and he suggested for me to cut out on bread starting the beginning of the year. So i have! The last time i ate bread was 31st December 2010. Not touched it since. It was very hard at first as I crave bread! But now it doesnt bother me. I can go food shopping with the mother and it wouldnt bother me one bit of what kind of bread she buys :)..

Drinks - Well, where do I start? :laugh: I have given up on ALL fizzy drinks. I used to drink a ridiculous amount of coke, fanta, dr pepper etc. Up to 4 botttles a day sometimes!! It was really hard to give up fizzy pop to begin with, but now im in a good routine where i replace the 4 bottles of fizzyy pop with 4 bottles of water! :bigsmile: I have the odd bottle or glass of lemonade or fanta etc. Like on occasions but rarely drink them now! :smile:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Completely cut out Dr. Pepper, Doughnuts, fast food french fries, chocolate cake, white rice, candy. That's what got me into trouble and started me on this trek. Diabetic scare! :happy:
  • aneisiena
    aneisiena Posts: 63
    Options
    I gave up putting cream + sugar in my coffee and tea...soo tough, but those calories definitely added up!
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    i did actually successfully give up chocolate for a week.
    but then i caved and ate a whole chocolate cake =/

iv pretty much given up pepsi max as i use to drink 4 litres a day and i now only drink it if its in the house, instead of going out to purposely by it in place of water...
    but i suppose that is a drink so it doesnt count quite as much...