One Food/Drink you gave up

Options

Replies

• husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I refuse to completely give up anything. All things in moderation......works for LIFE.

BUT there are things I choose not to consume simply because of the consequences that follow.

Otherwise, I pretty much allow myself anything in moderation. :)

agreed! :smile:
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I refuse to completely give up anything. All things in moderation......works for LIFE.

^ THIS.
    Although, I haven't touched chocolate for about 2 months, I haven't ruled out that I'll never eat it again, I just don't really have a sweet tooth.
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I don't eat as much pasta or potatoes as I used to! Also, I am trying to lean off of soda..slowly but surely lol

Caitlin
  • kanitas
    kanitas Posts: 1
    Options
    I have been struggling with my Coca Cola addiction for years. It's like a crutch. I have given it up again. It's been three weeks. I don't know..... we'll see......
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Sweet tea....and oh how I miss it! :(

I've given up pizza, cheeseburgers, and fries on the food front...but those are easy compared to the sweet tea. :(
  • grmpy1
    grmpy1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Seems like pop/soda is the main thing. I too gave it up. If I drink it now it takes me all day to drink it and sometimes 2 days for one 12 oz can and then it is caffeine free and diet. I was a coca-cola addict at one time. I could drink regular coke at least 12 cans, sometimes more, in one day. I may not have lost weight when I started cutting back, at least now that I am serious about my wieght loss I am not depriving myself of pop, I don't even notice that I am not drinking it...well, I do. I have a laundry room full of cases of diet pop that I had bought on sale.
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    PEPSI! My addiction for many many years and Iw as able to quit cold turkey. About 3 months ago, someone poured me a small glass of pepsi. It was so sickeningly sweet, I spit it out, and that was that. I've replaced that addiction with, you guessed it, water! I've also given up fast food. I'm not going to say I'll never have fast food again, because there may be occasions that I have no choice, but it's been 9 months since I've had it.
  • coopcat
    coopcat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Sweet tea for me is like coffee for others. It's what I have to have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, it's loaded with sugar and has alot to do with my weight gain. So today is day 2 with no sweet tea. Instead of tea I've been drinking lots of water to keep full.

Caffeine is also something I've been trying to give up. I haven't had any headaches yet, which is a good thing.
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I haven't and won't give up anything!
    I have been fairly good about 1200 calories a day for the past few weeks and I eat what I want when I want, as long as I'm under my calories. I have found that since I don't want to go over my calories, I eat healthier food so it all works out in the end. I guess I don't drink beer like I used to (3-5 week nights, 5+ on weekends!) but that's it. And that wasn't even something I decided to do, just kind of happened.
  • ganesha303
    ganesha303 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Soda.
  • Rikki444
    Rikki444 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    My list of things I gave up.... ready?

Soda (diet, too)
    Pork (ALL pork products - ham, bacon, chops)
    Most fast food chains
    Deli meat
    Artificial sweeteners
    Cake, cookies & brownies (at work. never eat cake with co-workers)

There's more but I can't think of what they are....hmmm...
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sugar! Sugar in coffee, on cereal, in oatmeal, etc...Love it but the weight drops so much quicker without!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    Apple juice! I love it more than any other beverage, I can drink a gallon in a day or two but the calories aren't worth it :( Haven't had it since I was in the hospital after my daughter was born (4 months ago!) Maybe I'll treat myself to a single serve bottle this weekend :)
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Pepsi. Anything else I can do in moderation but not Pepsi. ONE Pepsi and I instantly crave it constantly.
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options

I've given up pizza, cheeseburgers, and fries on the food front...but those are easy compared to the sweet tea. :(
    If you have a Publix near you, they have really good diet sweet tea, in the deli dept.
  • fergalizcious
    Options
    I gave up all soda and french fries. I was playing around with Value meals on Burger King's website, and saw that by replacing a SMALL fries and a SMALL soda with a bottle of water and a garden salad, you cut a Whopper Jr. Value meal from 870 calories to 410!!!! Never eating french fries again. Also, if you cut out mayo you can save anywhere from 70 - 240 (yes 240) Calories depending on the sandwich you get. Here's the link to Burger King's nutritional stuff. I thnk McDonald's has this set up as well.

http://www.bk.com/en/us/menu-nutrition/index.html
  • rococo11
    rococo11 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Pop, it wasn't deliberate but I just stopped at one point and when I tried it 6 months later I almost gagged on the amount of sugar
    Also, not eating breakfast...which isn't really giving anything up but...
    Sweetened yogurt...I add honey to the plain stuff
    Also mayo...but I never liked it so it doesn't really count
    Nothing was deliberate, it just kind of happened and I don't miss it
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I've given up....
    soda
    white carbs (white bread, pasta, rice, potatos, cereal, etc)
    booze ( this one was the hardest, I love margaritas!!!! Now only for special occasions)
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    PEPSI.

i usto have 2-3 12oz cans or 24oz bottles a day one with each meal faithfully but gave it up a few years ago i dont miss it and now have the self control to refuse it, however since i believe in "all thing in moderation" i have purchased those i call them baby cans of pepsi i think they are 40z cans i did purchase a six pack for a celebration back in feb, i still have 5 cans left and they will proably sit on my shelf for the rest of the year or i will give them away.

the other thing i gave up is fast food most dont offer healthy choices and pack way to much sodium in each bite.
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Sweet tea for me is like coffee for others. It's what I have to have for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. However, it's loaded with sugar and has alot to do with my weight gain. So today is day 2 with no sweet tea. Instead of tea I've been drinking lots of water to keep full.

Caffeine is also something I've been trying to give up. I haven't had any headaches yet, which is a good thing.

Same. I'm going on two or three weeks of no sweet tea. It's painful, but worth it...at least that's what I tell myself.

If you have a Publix near you, they have really good diet sweet tea, in the deli dept.

I have many Publix's near me. Sadly, as a true southerner, I just don't think I can do the diet sweet tea thing. Taste is big with me. But hey, maybe I'll give it a good ol 'college try! ;D Thanks.