"WEIGHT LOSS COMPETITION" Starts every Saturday

Options
bomomar
bomomar Posts: 94 Member
I'm looking for some people to compete with in weight loss. I'm a competitive guy and figure it might be motivational to compete against others. If you want to compete please let me know. We will base standings on weight loss percentages. Each week the last place finisher will be asked to donate $5.00 to a charity of your choice. Only join us if you are serious. If you are interested please send me a friend invite. Weigh-in and donation is honor system. LETS GO WE CAN DO IT.

Check out blog.....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bomomar

Replies

• JRena225
    JRena225 Posts: 373
    Options
    this sounds like fun!! So saturday is our start day and we would send you our starting weight and then our ending weight on the following saturday morning?
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! :) I'm in.
  • bomomar
    Options
    JRena225 yes but you need to friend me...and check out my blog(see above) for rules
  • JRena225
    Options
    okay, yeah I've read the rules...sounds simple enough...
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    How many weeks will this competition go on for? Because I'd like to suggest that maybe the loser of each week should donate the week number to charity. For example, if the competition lasts 12 weeks, the first to be kicked out must donate 12 dollars. Week 2's loser donates 11 dollars, etc.

Ah, do I make any sense? :) Lol. It doesn't matter. I'll go along with 5 dollars, of course!
  • JRena225
    Options
    wait, we are gonna be 'KICKED OUT" of the competition lol??

My other question is, it is STARTING on the 9th correct and the following saturday the 16th will be the first "results show" lol??
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    Hm, first to find more people to join!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
  • bomomar
    Options
    Yes we start on the 9th ...results on the 16th and every week thereafter... no one is going to be kicked out.... we compete each week. we have 16 people (or at least i think you are all people.) so far.
  • JRena225
    Options
    HEY I'M A PERSON!!!!!! LOL

i'm ready!!!
  • markeeley
    markeeley Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to see everyone who is going to be in the competition?
  • JRena225
    Options
    Is there a way to see everyone who is going to be in the competition?

DITTO!!! They need to post on this topic!
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    Yes we start on the 9th ...results on the 16th and every week thereafter... no one is going to be kicked out.... we compete each week. we have 16 people (or at least i think you are all people.) so far.

Oh, I understand now! :) I thought the loser was getting kicked out of the competition after each week. That's why I suggested a larger donation for each week. But, this is so much better!
  • kirstyfromscotland
    kirstyfromscotland Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for some people to compete with in weight loss. I'm a competitive guy and figure it might be motivational to compete against others. If you want to compete please let me know. We will base standings on weight loss percentages. Each week the last place finisher will be asked to donate $5.00 to a charity of your choice. Only join us if you are serious. If you are interested please send me a friend invite. Weigh-in and donation is honor system. LETS GO WE CAN DO IT.

Check out blog.....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bomomar
    i would like 2 do this, i am in the UK-Scotland, can i still join? :bigsmile:
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,523 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Alright count me in!
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    I'll join in, too!
  • bomomar
    Options
    kirstyfromscotland absolutly. you just donate to a charity of your choice over the pond. weigh-in on Saturday's. This is why I will wait until Sunday to post.
  • bomomar
    Options
    You will see everyone on the blog on Sunday. You can invite them as friends if you like.