what are some low cal "Must haves" on your grocery list

Options
13»

Replies

• TriThreat
    TriThreat Posts: 313
    Options
    I'm loving Fruity Pebbles and Coco Pebbles cereal bars! I work a long morning shift, so I need a snack between breakfast and lunch, and these are only 90 calories!! and also my favorite cereals :)
  • frg4bama
    frg4bama Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, I was thinking " nuts are not low calorie" :)

Really good ideas otherwise! Thanks everybody
  • hotpot83
    hotpot83 Posts: 88
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese and Melba Toast!

laughing cow cheese triangles are an absolute must!!! :D fantastic low calorie food, I used them instead of having butter on toast :D
  • lisadhancock
    lisadhancock Posts: 103
    Options
    yoplait light yogart
    fiber one bars
    sara lee delightful bread
    la favorita chips and salsa
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Laughing cow cheese and Melba Toast!

laughing cow cheese triangles are an absolute must!!! :D fantastic low calorie food, I used them instead of having butter on toast :D

I use them instead of mayo on sandwiches as well ... I also do that with flavored hummus! :)
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    What's melba toast?

Melba toast is kind of like crackers..They have a whole bunch of flavors..The are pretty low cal and low carb! They are made by Old London...They are GRRRREAT with Laughing Cow cheese!
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers!
    Pickles (for when I want something salty)
    Hard Boiled Eggs
    Fat Free string cheese
    Lemons (for my water)
  • ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    bump
  • BrandNewMia
    BrandNewMia Posts: 461
    Options
    Greek yogurt - I like Chobani, Fage, and Dannon brands. Fresh (not frozen) chicken breast and low sodium tuna are my favorite proteins. Wholly guacamole 100cal packs and whole grain tortilla chips are GREAT snacks. Otherwise, I stick with fresh fruits and veggies, I MUST get these weekly: grapes, apples, bananas, cucumbers, lettuce, spinach, snow peas, carrots, celery, asparagus, red cabbage. Raw nuts and trail mix are a must have, even though they aren't always low cal.
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Fat free yogurt, I LOVE Fage - but any plain one will do really.
    Raspberries - but most fruit
    Any low fat cheese
    Chicken
    Salad
    Canned tuna
    Eggs
    Fish
    Raw nuts - especially almonds, I eat about 6 at a time, good fats and only about 42 cals for the 6

xx
  • Ilovedrinkingtea
    Ilovedrinkingtea Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Also fat free cottage cheese, tastes horrible the first couple of times, after that it's lovely to eat with pretty much anything!!!xx
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    0% greek yogurt
    green apple slices
    fresh baby spinach
  • jdavis36
    jdavis36 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I LOVE edamame - frozen fresh whole soy beans from Sam's Club/Costco. They are prepackaged in 1/2 C bags. ( I don't use the sea salt) they are not genetically modified, no pesticides or funny biz! Fun to eat and cruncy!
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Claussen refrigerated pickle halves. I crave these and they have almost no calories.