TWEENERS 10/19 - 30 to 100 to go

Options

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    WELCOME NEWCOMERS....
    kdanderson05, Benson and lcbark43

We are so glad you dare to join our challenges!
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    what info do you need, and I would like to join too? Do you need like our weight and what not.

WELCOME!!:flowerforyou:
  • MsNewBooty
    Options
    Hey, Anyone seen my sister, OomarianneoO? I haven't seen her for a couple days. :huh:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    hiya_glow.gif

I don't know what happened. I totally missed this thread and I even looked for a new one. Thanks for sending me the link chrissy. :ohwell:

So now I'm behind on this challenge. But I'm jumping right in anyway. I have to admit, I didn't see a dairy challenge coming. That's a tough one for me except for my Laughing Cow cheeses. yummy.png
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    i can easily eat a salad but the water - im going to have to keep a water bottle next to me 24/7!!!
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    AND this is the thing thats made me overweight
    cheese [in head I NEED DAIRY]
    mm milo [i need dairy]
    bread [i need the grains]
    ect ect
    I need to know exactly how much milk to drink - how much fruit to eat
    ect ect ect
    does anyone have a diet written out that i could pinch?
    how do you guys measure out what to eat and when?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    There's no magic formula for me - I usually eat a 100-300 cal breakfast, 300-500 for lunch I preplan dinner if I can and if i need more calories, I'll have an afternoon snack.

The more I think about how I am eating I would bet if I'd break it down into smaller meals more often, I'd do even better - that will be my goal eventually. But for now this is working and it's one step at a time for me.

I don't starve and I don't avoid foods that could be considered bad if it's something I REALLY want bad. I just eat a small portion and move on. By not eliminating all of my favorites, I have felt really good about my lifestyle change. It's real, its doable.
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    thanks!
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Morning

I did my first day on the challenge - Yeah me!!
    I only drink 6 waters - thats all i can do Got my dairy and had a salad for greens I'm adding another just for myself - to take my multivitamin - I bought the darn things and forget every day. Maybe I should also add some of that ginseng or whatever it is that helps your rememberer.

I feel the evil mother nature approaching so the next couple of days should be tough to move because I know I'll just want to curl up with a quilt!!

I don't have a magic formula either - I just know that when I PLAN ahead I am way more successful.

Have a great day and be good!

Heather
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    I drank 7 glasses of water that i remember and I had a very big fresh salad with roasted pumpkin and baby spinach and i had about 1/2 - 1 cup of milk
    I've eaten that for the past few nights - cant get enough of pumpkin mmmm
  • chrissyh
    Options
    my update to acheiving our goals...

I drank 80 oz of water yesterday, had spinach at lunch, broccoli and cabbage at supper, had cream cheese on my bagel in the morning.

On track today - had 4 oz of yogurt with a Special K honey nut bar (OMG SOOOO GOOD) and have had about 17 oz (1/2 liter for our Aussie :wink: ) so far have to plan out something green.....hmmmmm
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    This site rocks
    I'm learning so much!
    I want to get back to basics and eat as fresh as i can and this is great for keeping me in check!
    thanks chrissy!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    This site rocks
    I'm learning so much!
    I want to get back to basics and eat as fresh as i can and this is great for keeping me in check!
    thanks chrissy!

You're welcome

Thanks MFP and all of you Tweeners-I love the support and info I've gathered!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I didn't log in yesterday. I did drink my 8 glasses of water and had my yogurt for dairy. However, I did not get in any greens. I could have but didn't realize that I had 440 cals left until this morning. OOPs! Oh well.

Today I had my 8 glasses of water, my dairy from yogurt, and green bell peppers in my burrito. So, I'm back on track today.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day today. Have a good night. Later.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I had yogurt and water but this is the first day since we started on greens that I didn't get them in-I am out of calories - we had chinese - BIG mistake. I HAD to exercise to get within my calories but I needed to anyway so I am within the range. I worked out on the Wii Fit for 1/2 hour. I counted it as 20 minutes of circuit training - does that sound close enough? I really need a Heart Rate Monitor.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I didn't log in yesterday. I did drink my 8 glasses of water and had my yogurt for dairy. However, I did not get in any greens. I could have but didn't realize that I had 440 cals left until this morning. OOPs! Oh well.

Today I had my 8 glasses of water, my dairy from yogurt, and green bell peppers in my burrito. So, I'm back on track today.

Hope everyone had a wonderful day today. Have a good night. Later.

Great Job Partner!!!!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Thanks Chrissy. Your doing great yourself.
  • lcmartin
    lcmartin Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with water and I had a yogurt, but I'm having trouble with my greens. I keep forgetting to grab a salad or some vegi's. Going to have to remember to run thru Mcd's drive thru and get a side salad tomorrow morning.
  • OomarianneoO
    Options
    I've got 681 calories left :noway: and have been trying to think of stuff that will get rid of it and get my dairy in at the same time then it just occurred to me...Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich! droolsmiley.gif That'll make a dent in my dairy, right? :wink: They've been sitting in my freezer for over a week and I completely forgot about them 'til just now.

NOM NOM NOM... yummy.png