Help: Fear of swimsuits!

Options
2»

Replies

• Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I was very self conscious about being in my swimming costume. In fact i was so self conscious when my son was smaller i wouldn't take him swimming. An acquaintance of mine said "your son should be going swimming by now" he was 3 and i thought bloomin heck she's right i always swam. I don't have a memory of learning to swim it must have been than young and i let my self consciousness prevent me from taking my baby swimming. My daughter will have been about 2 (16 months apart) and i pulled myself together and took them. My daughter now can't get enough of it and when i have time and can afford it i take them. My son still isn't too keen which i suppose is because i left it too long.

Don't let self consciousness stop you. In the pool no-one even notices they are too busy either swimming or messing around with friends or kids.
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    I truly know what you mean. You should try www.Torrid.com or the store directly. Very cute swimwear, & many different style that may make you feel much better or more comfortable. :happy:
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    chevy88grl, you look amazing, and you should be SO proud of your accomplishment!! I can't wait to get to a point that I'm not completely freaked out by swimsuits, but you know what I did? I joined a water aerobics class, and discovered that not one soul takes a double look at me.

At 320 pounds, and beginning (again) on my journey downward with MFP, if there's anything to see wiggle and jiggle, you'll see it on me. If I can do it, folks, anyone can!! :flowerforyou:

Thanks. I really appreciate it.

I just can't get through this swimsuit anxiety I feel. Like I said, I wore it once and was so self conscious I swore I was going to buy a different suit. Actually, it is the bottoms I hate. I feel like they're too short. I HATE my thighs.

I was told that boy shorts actually make you look bigger! Yikes! I am actually more comfotable in a bikini side tie bottoms than I am in boyshort bottoms! Now I just need to get my tummy to get smaller so I can pop on that bikini top!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    It's not like someone is going to walk up to you and say, "OMG you have cellulite - you shouldn't wear a suit!" .... even though we all see bigger people, people with more cellulite, etc. at the beach and pool, the fact of the matter is that pretty much everyone (even really fit people) can be self conscious in a swim suit. Everyone is mostly concerned with how they look as opposed to how others look. So, I say screw others and I rock out whatever I feel like wearing.

As an aside, I saw a very pretty actress on television the other day wearing a very short skirt. She was thin and extremely pretty in her face, but she had obvious cellulite on her thighs - It reminded me that nobody is perfect, but we all gotta get out there and strut what we're workin' with.