Any runners training for a half or full marathon?

Options
Hey,

I log in often and would love to chat with other runners. I am currently training for my first full marathon. As an introduction, I started running to lose weight. I used the C25k running podcast. It's been a few years and I have completed 3 half marathons, a 10k, and several 5ks. I am nervous about training for the marathon and excited at the same time. I still need to lose a few more pounds to help with my bad knees but other than that I know I can physically do this.

Hope to read your comments and updates.

FreedomPlease

Replies

• agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your training! I have completed 2 half marathons and have 3 more that I want to do for sure by February next year. You are much braver than I am... I am too afraid to do a whole marathon!!
  • DanniR88xx
    DanniR88xx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi! Thats some great acheivements! I'm currently training for my first half marathon, I have a 5km race on Sunday and a 10km race the following Sunday as part of my training! I'm at a bit of a barrier at the moment but wil try my best to push past it!
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'll start for my first half marathon this year and aim for the full distance next year.
  • LOVEsummer
    LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm training for a full too! The las vegas Rock and Roll, which are you doing!? It's my first as well, and I don't have a whole lot to offer yet, but I'm sure as I start hitting those longer runs I will!!
    Good luck!
  • freedomplease
    Options
    Cool. I decided to suck it up.
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    me me ... im training for both!
    I am still quite overweight .. but I decided to go for it after completing 3 half marathons already ... I have 4 more halfs planned for this year and my first marathon will be in January ... :)
  • jetergir20
    Options
    After Sunday I will be training for my first half marathon. Sunday I have my first 15K and I heard its a tough course yikes.
  • freedomplease
    Options
    I'm training for a full too! The las vegas Rock and Roll, which are you doing!? It's my first as well, and I don't have a whole lot to offer yet, but I'm sure as I start hitting those longer runs I will!!
    Good luck!

I am doing a smaller race in the area. I wanted a relatively flat course. Keep me posted. My longest run to date was 15 miles. Thus, I am still trying to wrap my head around 26.1. :noway:
  • KassiV
    KassiV Posts: 28
    Options
    I've done one half (CMM Nashville) and am currently training for my second which will be in January (Rock N Roll Phoenix). They're addicting once you've started!
  • Jconner30
    Jconner30 Posts: 311
    Options
    ME ME ME!!! My ultimate goal is a full marathon but I plan to run a 1/2 marathon in November.
  • MarshallLuke
    MarshallLuke Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am training for a half marathon coming up this October and a full marathon sometime in the spring.
    I have always loved to run, but never took running, or my health, seriously. In the past few months I have pushed past every single goal I have set for myself and far exceeded what I thought my body could do. I went from nearly dying after a "long" 5 mile run to 5 miles being my daily short run and 10 to 15 miles being my long distance. On days like today, when the temperature is topping 90, I prefer to go on a shorter, but infinitely harder, trail run. Even though I am not doing the long distances on the trail, it helps keep me nimble and sure-footed (plus I saw a really cool box turtle and some ghost pipes!).
    Anyhow, I would be happy to chat about running anytime!
  • freedomplease
    Options
    me me ... im training for both!
    I am still quite overweight .. but I decided to go for it after completing 3 half marathons already ... I have 4 more halfs planned for this year and my first marathon will be in January ... :)

4 half marathons between now and January? Nice...
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I just finished Freeway to 10k and will start Half-Marathon training on Saturday (hoping to enter the Santa Clarita Half in November).

I'll probably go for a full marathon around this time next year.

EDIT: I just started running this year which is why I don't want to attempt a full until next year.
  • freedomplease
    Options
    After Sunday I will be training for my first half marathon. Sunday I have my first 15K and I heard its a tough course yikes.

Good luck! Rest up and most importantly have fun! When is the half marathon?
  • darkmercury99
    darkmercury99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm currently training for the Honolulu Marathon in December. It will be my first.
  • agleckle
    agleckle Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Good luck! I will be there too, except I will be doing the 1/2. So excited to run down Las Vegas Boulevard at night!!
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My first half marathon is in Sept! Followed by my second half marathon which will be in Oct! I plan on running the Chicago full marathon next year come hell or high water. or both. :D I am doing the hal higdon training schedule. I am aiming for a 9 mile run this weekend!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Good luck!

Good luck! I will be there too, except I will be doing the 1/2. So excited to run down Las Vegas Boulevard at night!!

me too me too ! Doing the half as a training run ... :)
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @hiddensecant: I'm doing the Santa Clarita Half Marathon as well!

I've done five marathons and several half marathons so far. My best was the Marine Corps Marathon (3:55). I aim to qualify for the Boston Marathon in 2012.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Good luck to everyone training for a half or full 26.2!