Can I run a 10K?

Options
2»

Replies

• ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this! I'm in the DC area and was just talking to someone at work about wanting to do a 5/10k but not knowing where to do it...I think I could manage this!
  • ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Totally - you have plenty of time. Find a good 10K training program and stick to it. I like the one at teamoregon.com, but there are a lot of them out there!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You can, but be warned...next will be a half-marathon, and then a full marathon! Nichole1981 is right on - the adrenaline is going to give you that extra push you need. Your body will do what you tell it to :)

So you are saying the 10K is like a Gateway drug for runners...:laugh:

Do we have a support group for this? 12,000 step program anyone :bigsmile:

Love this and totally agree.

And mud/obstacle runs are heroin. :laugh:
  • rhinobutt
    rhinobutt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    So, are you all signed up?:wink:
    Good Luck!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Slow advances in your length and you'll be ready in no time :) You have 3 months ... and what a great goal!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I have a 5K to 10K bridge training plan...if you want it, send me a message. :)
  • JoySloan
    JoySloan Posts: 5
    Options
    YES you can. Keep on your current course. Most training programs never have you run the entire distance prior to race day. I am in the 3rd week of training for a half marathon on October 2nd. You can find training programs or teams in your area or do distance training. I am using Team Excel which you can learn about at Love Helps, inc. just google it. The last 1/2 marathon I did was on April 30. I did not train well for it and could really tell it. I am pumped about the training team that I have joined and find that I am learning a lot. The half in October will be my 5th half.

I'm sure you can do the 10K and wish you the best with it.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    YES YES YES!!! You can totally do it, and you will rock! I did my first 10k this May and it was so fun! I've done a few 5k's and I love those too, but the 10k was special because it was more of a challenge. Find a training plan. It helps to have a specific plan. I use Runner's World Smartcoach!

Good luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!!
    I started C25K in January and have signed up for a 12k in August. Last weekend I ran 10k in training and it was fine (actually it was raining, but I did ok!)
    If I can do it, so can you :smile:
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you put your mind to if you want it bad enough. I know. :) Go for it!!