are you divorced?

Options
13»

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Um you could be a blind; suffer from a mental disability; or be a young child suffering from an incurable disease in a Childrens Hospital. Im sure they would all be grateful to trade places with you.

I always think of those things when start to feel down and needless to say I dont feel down for long.

So you think a blind person or someone with an intellectual disability will ALWAYS have such a poor quality of life that they would choose to be overweight, depressed and in a failing relationship? It's hard to know how to respond to this, so I won't, except to say that I think it's pretty insulting to the many people in the world who have a disability and live happy and fulfilled lives .

To the OP - I've been divorced and it is a really tough place to be in. I think my best advice is to try to take some time to think through what you truly want. If you think the relationship is beyond repair, then start thinking about what you can do for YOU. You and your children are the most important thing here. If losing weight will help you feel better for YOU, then go for it. If you are doing it for him, then don't worry about it right now, wait until you are ready to do it for you.

There is lots of help and support out there, I hope you can find some - both informal l(ike friends and family who can be there and provide a shoulder to cry on when you need it) and formal (like counsellors who can help you find a path through a really hard place)

Good luck.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I had a horrible first marriage, as did my now husband. He had 1 daughter, age 4... I had 2 daughters, age 4 and 1. It was HARD, horrible, and I didn't know if I could make it. But I healed and when I least expected it, I met the man of my dreams who loves me for me. We now have a 2 year old son and another daughter that just turned 1 today. I never thought I'd have 5 kids and clearly, never did he! But sometimes, in all honesty, the grass IS greener on the other side. My divorce was the best thing that ever happened to me and our kids. Everyone is now happy and that's the best way to live life. Best wishes.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    .....]you got exactly how i feel,,,,, i am considering help from work, i guess we have a counselling line for problems, and ****,,,, maybe i should comsider,, i ve been depressed for 10 year, since i lost my dad from 1 day to the other, and this, well this is the last drop i can handle,,,

Yes, do this. It's HARD to go to a counsellor and have to talk about all the difficult stuff but it can really help.
    Please make the most of this service, it sounds like things have been tough for some time and getting someone on your side who can help is a great idea.