Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    396 calories, mostly kickboxing. My foot started to get sore near the end after all the bouncing on it. Good to get back into this kind of stuff so I can help us move along in our journey to LA!
  • mamunroe
    mamunroe Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

After last weekends binge of booze and food, I am please that the scale stayed the same. No change, so not all is lost
    My focus for the weekend will be to drink 8 glasses of water before I can have any alcohol. Healthier eating habits and a bit
    of exercise.

For those that didn't see I had an NSV last night because I bought a pair of size 8 pants. I know it is only one pair of a certain style and brand but I was on cloud 9.

Off to the trailer now so I'll be back at the 1st of the week.

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

Week 1(07.08.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 2(07.15.2011): ====
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 136.4 lbs
    Week 4(07.29.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 5(08.05.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):
    GW: 130 lbs

Time to kick it up a notch and get ready for Vegas. 10/07/2011.

• mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    7/8: 162.0
    7/15: 162.0
    7/22: 160.6
    7/29: 160.2
    8/5: 159.4

Hello 150's. I hope I am here to stay. I had an okay week. A little less exercise than lately but much better choices with food. I really need to get back into drinking water. I am lucky if Ihave been getting 4 cups a day. I know I am retaining water fierce, it just doesn't interest me.

My only goal for this weekend is to survive. My parents are coming up tomorrow and my dad, my husband, our friend Joe, and I are going to Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox clobber the Yankees (at least I hope). Fenway Park = bad day. Sure they have the healthy alternatives that have been added the last few years but I am sure when push comes to shove I will chose the sausage and peppers, or a Fenway Frank. My only goal for Saturday is to drink lots of water in anticipation of the sodium overload I am guaranteed to have.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
  • lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    396 calories, mostly kickboxing. My foot started to get sore near the end after all the bouncing on it. Good to get back into this kind of stuff so I can help us move along in our journey to LA!

Great job! Way to go!
  • lucybp
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

After last weekends binge of booze and food, I am please that the scale stayed the same. No change, so not all is lost
    My focus for the weekend will be to drink 8 glasses of water before I can have any alcohol. Healthier eating habits and a bit
    of exercise.

For those that didn't see I had an NSV last night because I bought a pair of size 8 pants. I know it is only one pair of a certain style and brand but I was on cloud 9.

Off to the trailer now so I'll be back at the 1st of the week.

Happy Weekend Everyone!!

Week 1(07.08.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 2(07.15.2011): ====
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 136.4 lbs
    Week 4(07.29.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 5(08.05.2011): 136.18 lbs
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):
    GW: 130 lbs

Time to kick it up a notch and get ready for Vegas. 10/07/2011.

Single digits ... great job! :)
  • lucybp
    Options
    7/8: 162.0
    7/15: 162.0
    7/22: 160.6
    7/29: 160.2
    8/5: 159.4

Hello 150's. I hope I am here to stay. I had an okay week. A little less exercise than lately but much better choices with food. I really need to get back into drinking water. I am lucky if Ihave been getting 4 cups a day. I know I am retaining water fierce, it just doesn't interest me.

My only goal for this weekend is to survive. My parents are coming up tomorrow and my dad, my husband, our friend Joe, and I are going to Fenway Park to watch the Red Sox clobber the Yankees (at least I hope). Fenway Park = bad day. Sure they have the healthy alternatives that have been added the last few years but I am sure when push comes to shove I will chose the sausage and peppers, or a Fenway Frank. My only goal for Saturday is to drink lots of water in anticipation of the sodium overload I am guaranteed to have.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

The 50's ... awww how awesome for you. Congrats!
    I pray you survive the weekend :) Sounds like it's going to be a blast ...
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    07/08 162.2lbs
    07/15 161lbs
    07/22 162.4lbs
    07/29 161.2lbs
    08/05 157.4lbs!!!!!!!!!

Finally hit the 150's!!! So excited about that! I did really good with my diet the last part of this week. I'm rather surprised, but I will take it!

Lukas is waking up, but real quick here are my weekend goals:

- Stick with a good, clean, whole diet.
    - 10 glasses of water a day
    - 2 Insanity workouts in
    - Walk/Jog each morning

Happy Friday everyone!!
  • lucybp
    Options
    Hello hotties,
    This has been quite the victorious week. I've been struggling with back pain, but managed to work out regardless. Monday was interesting: went to the gym to try out the aqua class, got there and the entire aquatics department was closed due to lightning. Who knew lightning can go through glass? I sure didn't. Hubby then ran home to get my work out clothes (I only had my bathing suit on) and when he got to the gym he said: hon I forgot your sneakers. That was a wrap for me, at least we tried to get a work out in. So I went home feeling bad for hubby for having run home and then forgetting the sneakers. Such a sweetie.

I was able to try the class on wednesday night and it wasn't bad. My joints didn't hurt after the class (positive for me) and I pushed as hard as I could under the water. My monitor, however, did not accurately record my calories so the entry for wednesday is just my 'guestimation' :)

I made better food choices this week. Fruits, veggies, protein and no rice (well, just once this week) or bread or fruit juice. That's a plus for me. Also I stayed away from adding sugar to my food (no smoothies etc ...). I feel lighter, though I dare not weigh my self as yet. I promised to stay away from it for a while because I was measuring my successes according to the results I got on the scale. I hope I'm making the right decision.

I do have a mini success story to share: yesterday I was craving oreo cookies like there was no tomorrow. Sooo, I practiced deep breathing exercises (I kid you not) and went through the day without having the bag of cookies. This, hotties, is quite significant ... My cubicle is just a few feet away from the snack bar! Oh, and another success ... I've been having a hard time staying away from Edy's fruit bars and - you guessed it - they are available at the snack bar located just inches away from me ... BUT, yesterday I only had ONE ... that, again, is quite significant (been having at least 3 a day) ...

And so I continue on this journey to tackle my cravings and control my food intake ... oh but it's not easy ...

Oh oh ... one more thing, hubby had pizza for lunch yesterday. He called and said he had saved me two slices (personal platter size but still), I politely declined and asked him to eat it before he picked me up from work. So no pizza yesterday either. Yay!

In conclusion: we must keep on keeping on, sigh ...
  • lucybp
    Options
    07/08 162.2lbs
    07/15 161lbs
    07/22 162.4lbs
    07/29 161.2lbs
    08/05 157.4lbs!!!!!!!!!

Finally hit the 150's!!! So excited about that! I did really good with my diet the last part of this week. I'm rather surprised, but I will take it!

Lukas is waking up, but real quick here are my weekend goals:

- Stick with a good, clean, whole diet.
    - 10 glasses of water a day
    - 2 Insanity workouts in
    - Walk/Jog each morning

Happy Friday everyone!!

Yay! awesome job!
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great work for all the ladies who lost this week! I'm skipping the scale for ONE WEEK. Wish me luck, I'm one of those who check every day.

Question: Why do people feel food and alcohol are great gifts?? Every day of vacation I was offered free food AND alcohol. Every single day!! Every one knew I was trying to lose weight and eat better but it was always always put in my face. Then when I get back to work yesterday we have a work party with.... free food and alcohol! While I stayed away from the drinks I slipped on the food and was so upset with myself!
  • lucybp
    Options
    Great work for all the ladies who lost this week! I'm skipping the scale for ONE WEEK. Wish me luck, I'm one of those who check every day.

Question: Why do people feel food and alcohol are great gifts?? Every day of vacation I was offered free food AND alcohol. Every single day!! Every one knew I was trying to lose weight and eat better but it was always always put in my face. Then when I get back to work yesterday we have a work party with.... free food and alcohol! While I stayed away from the drinks I slipped on the food and was so upset with myself!

I know what you mean. Vacation can be quite hard, specially when visiting loved ones.

I think it's part of everyone's culture: taking the time to prepare a meal for others is a sign of appreciation and love. We just need to learn how to show our love for others in other ways.

Don't be upset about your food choices (though it's easier said than done), just know that today/tomorrow is another day :)
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Week 1(07.08.2011): 159.4
    Week 2(07.15.2011): 159.2
    Week 3(07.22.2011): 159
    Week 4(07.29.2011): 160
    Week 5(08.05.2011): 159.8
    Week 6(08.12.2011):
    Week 7(08.19.2011):
    Week 8(08.26.2011):
    Week 9(09.02.2011):
    Week 10(09.09.2011):
    Week 11(09.16.2011):
    Week 12(09.23.2011):
    Week 13(09.30.2011):

Nobody told me this wedding planning could be a full time job the last month before it!!!! We have 23 days to go... and a list a mile long that I'm afraid will never get checked off! Gahhhh! I'm still getting in my workouts, awesome! But, eating has gone through the roof! At least I'm staying around where I am at... I know my dress fits! ;) Oh yah, candy at the office is my arch nemisis! :( kit kat, heath, snickers, etc etc etc. I need to stop!

Calories burned this week: 2455 Have a great weekend!
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    SW (07.08.2011): 168
    Week 1(07.15.2011): - - -
    Week 2(07.22.2011): 163.4
    Week 3(07.29.2011): - - -
    Week 4(08.05.2011): 163.0

Not much of a loss but my food has been kind of off lately. Although its not been bad thing necessarily, I have overeaten a few days so I'm sure that has something to do with it. Still lost 7lbs in the last month tho so I'm happy with that.

Congrats to all our hotties with losses and those maintaining!!!

Side note - Quote from my daily calendar:
    "Some pursue happiness--others create it." :flowerforyou:
  • Lindz8afish
    Options

Sarah, one, I hope to see you sometime this weekend :bigsmile: But two, I think you will find staying away from the scale for a week to be great. Mostly because if you did put on weight this past week it's probably water weight. I mean I don't know exactly what you ate or anything, but with your brother and sis-in-law it seems you were super active. Eat clean, drink lots of water, and get back to a norm routine, you'll have it off it no time! :) And three, vacation is just that, a time not to worry. Just try to appreciate their hospitality while you were there, don't beat yourself up about slipping. It's life!
  • Lindz8afish
    Options
    I do have a mini success story to share: yesterday I was craving oreo cookies like there was no tomorrow. Sooo, I practiced deep breathing exercises (I kid you not) and went through the day without having the bag of cookies. This, hotties, is quite significant ... My cubicle is just a few feet away from the snack bar! Oh, and another success ... I've been having a hard time staying away from Edy's fruit bars and - you guessed it - they are available at the snack bar located just inches away from me ... BUT, yesterday I only had ONE ... that, again, is quite significant (been having at least 3 a day) ...

And so I continue on this journey to tackle my cravings and control my food intake ... oh but it's not easy ...

Oh oh ... one more thing, hubby had pizza for lunch yesterday. He called and said he had saved me two slices (personal platter size but still), I politely declined and asked him to eat it before he picked me up from work. So no pizza yesterday either. Yay!

In conclusion: we must keep on keeping on, sigh ...

Those are two successes!! I don't think I could have resisted the oreos!! The pizza, maaaayyybeee.. hah. Good for you!! You are right, it is not easy!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I refused to weigh in this morning as I knew I would be very disappointed. I had a mini-vacation last weekend and found it very tough to get back on track. Work was stressful this week and tonight I am hosting an Arbonne party / Girls night for about 25 girls. I am so nervous. I spent SO much money on booze, food and stuff.. my fiance is furious. We are "penny pinching" in order to save for the big wedding and I go and blow a ton. All I could say was, "I'm trying to be a good friend!" the reason I'm hosting the party is b/c my good friend from grade school/college roomate had one 2 weeks ago and 2 people showed up, her mom and I. I felt horrible. I offered my house and didn't expect such a good turnout. Tj is out of town in a golf tournament all weekend and so I thought it'd be fun. Ugh!! I've been slacking at CrossFit too. I get texts and FB messages hourly about "where have you been!?" =( It's hard to please everyone! The one good thing I did though was buy groceries for ME (paleo type) while I was party shopping. I HOPE to cook tons of food tomorrow which should last me a while. I hope it goes well!

Weekend pact:
    - do not get drunk tonight or tomorrow
    - drink at least 100 ounces of water
    - exercise 1/2 days this weekend
    - be more positive
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Total cal burn for the week was 1455.

It was really a great week for me eating/excercise. there were a couple of days that i didn't track until later in the day then didn't end of tracking dinner or vice versa.

BFs birthday was this week and we had a family dinner the other night and are going out tonight for it.

I feel kind of like i've been out of it this week, not sure what my problem has been.

But a small victory today: lately i have been getting bored at the gym and having a hard time putting my all into it. today i felt that way and thankfully i kicked myself and talked myself into a better workout. when i plugged it into mfp in advance i saw i was going to be close to 1000 calories so i did some extra to make sure i got to it. it was a great 90 minute workout, definitely need to do more of that.

i am excited about my new job coming up. i'm hoping working from home will help me get more on track with my food and excercise.!! Gotta do it :)

i will post more later or tommorow, not feeling the greatest at the moment. need to get some things done before we go out. i hope your saturday is going well!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I love this challeng! Thank you so much for doing the map!!
    Ok Hotties, its time for the results of "Coast to Coast" Challenge: Week 3!!!

This week we traveled a total of 326 miles (32,618 calories total)! That's an average of 27 miles per hottie this week (some didn't turn in their burns). Congrats to Andrea for being our biggest burner this week with an amazing 5,668 calories!!! Thankfully that picked up some slack for us and kept us right on track for LA.
    We've now bypassed our third AND fourth stops (Detroit & Lansing) and are right around Battle Creek, MI Next stop is Chicago, IL. Point C on the map is where we were at the end of last week, just for a reference. Here's a map of our route so far:
    C2Cweek3-1.jpg
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Calories burned last week = 2547.

Trying to think of some goals for the week...

-Don't step on the scale until Friday
    -Follow the dinner plan I wrote up
    - Drink lots of water!!
    - Work out EVERY DAY M-F

My last weigh in was two weeks ago where I gained almost 2lbs, then when I got back from vacation I was up another 2lbs but I didn't log that. So to see a loss this week on MFP I must lose at least 2lbs... uhg. Let's hope it was water weight on vacation. TOM also came early so I'm hoping it was partly to do with that too. I'm ready to be losing consistently again!

Here's a great quote I saw on facebook today. Some great advice from someone who knows.

‎"Never eat anything at one sitting that you can't lift." -Miss Piggy :happy:
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Calorie burn: 1093. Biggest one so far....would have been more if I didn't have to work so much this past week.

Already started on thus weeks count with a 1.8 mile walk. Depending on when Rob gets home, I might try to make the 4:30 Jazzercise class. I missed it! I was surprised I was able to keep up and didn't get too lost since it was the step class, and much more complicated than regular Jazzercise.