Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options
Hi ladies,

Here is the Forum thread I said I would start!

Let's get some ideas going from the e-mail I sent yesterday! =)

I didn't weigh in this morning.

Post whatever you want on here! =) #, measurements, goals, ETC. . .

Replies

• dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hey my 'hotties w/ bodies' friends! :0) Happy Friday to ALL! I went to spin this am and realized it's been 9 days since my last class... grrr. I needed that sweating and intense cardio- no way I push myself that hard even on a jog or at the gym or anything. So, it felt good to burn some cals!

Weigh in today: 159.4lbs. I'm really in 'maintain' mode because I have my wedding dress that fits perfect. I could still lose a few lbs, and would definitely prefer this instead of the opposite, lol. My goal weight is about 155.... but regardless I need to be held accountable and check in weekly. I didn't measure myself, but I do like that... and bmi is still in healthy range (holla!!!!!)

Are weigh ins Friday still? Also~ if we're logging 'miles' I love that idea.. but I have NO CLUE how to measure a spin class in miles (and that's for sure where I put my most in) I mean, I can guess...

So: 7/8/11 159.4lbs.

NSV: Bought 2 pairs of clearance jeans at Target in the juniors section~ Smaller size that I was senior year of highschool! (and they were $6, and I was in desperate need of some jeans that show off this body instead of my baggy ones!!!)
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hellooooooo Hotties!

Whoop to dezil for maintaining! You're so close to your goal weight! Jealous.com :) I know the feeling of getting back into a workout after a break, I started back last week and I couldn't move an inch for about 4 days afterwards! Im never taking as big a break again!
    And yay for $6 jeans! That is something I definitely look forward to purchasing when I hit my goal :)

Ok so Ive gotten myself back on track, starting the last week of June. I was all over the place in the last challenge and let everything slip away from me. Monday June 27th I weighed in at 162.8lbs (Mortified I let myself get back into the 160's!!!!) but I put alot of effort in the last 2 weeks, watching/logging my food and drinking water and this morning I weighed in at 154.2lbs! :) Yippee!

I set myself a personal goal to get down to 148lbs by the end of July and Im so happy that Im getting pretty close to it with 3 weeks left :)

I think these little mini goals are going to help me get through the next 25lbs I have to lose. So Im going to stick with that plan.

Also Im going to take measurements months by month because I'll be really happy when I start to see my waistline go down! I gained back a few inches all over in the last 2 months so time to rectify that!!

I took my measurements last week so I'll throw them on here:
    Neck 13"
    Bust 35"
    Waist 31"
    Tummy 39.25"
    Bum 41.25"
    Hip 40"
    Thigh 23"
    Arm 12.5"

Small little NSV for me since getting back on track in the last 2 weeks, Ive managed to do 40 press-ups 5 times a week! Whoop! I feel a little bit stronger cos I know I struggle with upper body strength and even though this is just a little improvement, Im happy about it! :)

I think we should keep our weigh-in day as Friday, it helps give me a boost for the weekend when I see a good number on the scale.

Also Im well on for the group targets. Y'all can pick the destination and I will do my best to help get us there!

Bring on the challenge! Im ready to kick butt! :)

x
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!
    Monday June 27th I weighed in at 162.8lbs (Mortified I let myself get back into the 160's!!!!) but I put alot of effort in the last 2 weeks, watching/logging my food and drinking water and this morning I weighed in at 154.2lbs! :) Yippee!
    Nice job Lorraine!!! I am in the same boat as you with getting back into the 160s (well into them) in June but can't say that I've had the same luck since I got back on top of things.

I like the coast to coast idea for our miles, it could be a continuous challenge for the entire 3 months. We could track our miles every week for the full 12 weeks and then see how far we've gotten on Sept. 30 (hopefully all the way to LA!). NYC to LA is ~2,800 miles so let's say 18 miles per girl per week if we have 13 participants. So everyone report your miles (run, swim, walk, bike, etc.) each Friday (starting 7/15) and I can keep a running total of this for the group. We'll start in NYC and then each Monday I will tell everyone a new city we've made it to based on the previous week's miles.

Also, I think we should have small weekly challenges (on top of the "Coast to Coast" challenge) with a group goal that start on Mondays (week 1 (7/11) being the 1300 sit-ups as a group, like Kerri said) and end on Fridays just for simplicity because I know everyone doesn't get on MFP over the weekend. These can be a # of exercise goal, time goal, etc. Then those of us that want a push on the weekends (me being one of them) can have a separate weekend challenge like Lorraine's "Weekend Pact" from the last round. So weekly challenges would run Monday - Friday and then Weekend Pact on Sat and Sun.

I think I've made the decision to put my scale away for a while. I weighed in this morning at 168 and have been down all day. I've worked out more this week than i have in the past 2 months and still gained a pound. I know everyone will be weighing in weekly like we usually do but I think I'm going to have to skip on the weigh-ins until next month just to give myself a mental break from the anxiety. I'm still going to participate in every other aspect of the challenge and will check in with everyone on Fridays to see how you all are doing.

Let me know if these ideas sound alright :smile:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    LOVE everything you guys are writing!! Friday weigh-in's (or post whatever #'s you'd like) sounds GREAT!

I LOVE the "Coast to Coast" challenge.. I hope that works for everyone! We could do it a different way though, I have an idea.. We could do calorie burns translated into miles. FOR EXAMPLE, if you burn 500 calories, divide by 5 and get 50 miles for that workout. (I just threw out the "divide by 5".. we could do another # like 10 or something).. This way we will be able to see ourselves get out of NY state in less than a week.. ;) It's ALSO good for those who do other exercises like Spin class or boxing or gardening! Anything that gets a burn should be counted, not just walking or running. What do you guys think? We could send Robin a total calorie burn for the week and do the math ourselves to get a mileage.

Do we want to start the tracking on Monday the 11th?

Love the Mon-Fri physical challenge idea and Weekend Pact... I need to utilize that more (nutritionally speaking).

Since there are only 13 of us, and I know we ALL are awesome chicks, there should be no reason to have to hunt someone down for their numbers!
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    I LOVE the "Coast to Coast" challenge.. I hope that works for everyone! We could do it a different way though, I have an idea.. We could do calorie burns translated into miles. This way we will be able to see ourselves get out of NY state in less than a week.. ;) It's ALSO good for those who do other exercises like Spin class or boxing or gardening! Anything that gets a burn should be counted, not just walking or running. What do you guys think? We could send Robin a total calorie burn for the week and do the math ourselves to get a mileage.

I like this Kerri, it makes it easier for everyone to participate since not all of us run, bike, etc. Going off what you said, if everyone can just post their total calorie burn for the week on Fridays when they weigh in, then I can take the group's total calorie burn and translate it into miles for that week. I'll probably divide the group calorie total by 130 (I burn about 130 calories running 1 mile at 6 mph) to get our weekly mile total. Then on Monday morning I'll post what city we've made it to on our journey from NYC to LA.

Sound good everyone?
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Brilliant!!! This is going to be a great challenge! So much thought put into it!! Love all the ideas :)

So we'll start counting on Monday 11th. Im so excited! Im hoping to rake in a big calorie burn next week so we should be well on our way from NYC if everyone has a good week! :)

Im definitely on for the Weekly challenge AND the Weekend pact. Weekends are still my downfall!

And I'd like to take on Dani's idea for 'Motivator of the Week'. I'll be the motivator from now until next Friday and different people can volunteer every Friday during the challenge. We have roughly 13 weeks in this challenge so each lady can get the chance to be a motivator :)

GREAT! So next up is Round 1 of the Weekend Pact! Who's in it to win it?!

I am going to drink at least 10 glasses (of water!) on Saturday and Sunday.
    I am going to get a workout in tomorrow morning before my sister comes to stay for the weekend.
    I am going to be under on: Cals, Fat, Sugar and Sodium this weekend.

Who's with me? WE ARE GONNA OWN THIS WEEKEND, LADIES!!!

:heart:
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    Weekends are definitely my weak spot as well, I spend all week losing the weight that I gain over the weekend. So for this weekend:

I WILL drink atleast 8 glass of water on Saturday and Sunday (more if I drink any diet sodas)
    I WILL NOT overindulge at the family party for my bday (lots of good homemade food)
    I WILL log everything (even if I have to estimate it will still keep me accountable)
    I WILL workout both days (1,000 calorie goal for the weekend)

Can't wait for the official start of the challenge on Monday!!! Let's do this Hotties :flowerforyou:
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    What does (Closed Group) mean? I am new, sorry.
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Dividing the group burn by 130 sounds good to me Robin. Good plan! Monday it begins!

Lorraine, You are ALWAYS a great motivator! =) This should be so fun.

I will TRY my hardest this weekend but it is one of my bestie's wedding. I am about to leave the house for the rehersal dinner and then tomorrow will be busy busy busy from sun up to sun down. I am going to TRY and not get crazy drunk. I don't want lto feel like crap Sunday, lol.

Caroline is going to join back up with us, so we've got 14 girls.
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    HOTTIES!!!! Am I too late!!! I want to be in the group! I NEED TO BE!!! Please tell me if its ok if I jump on this wagon. I love to be a part of a group it really keeps things FUN!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! XOXOXOX
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    HEY GIRLS!!! Well my goals have most def changed because I AM almost 7 weeks PREGNANT!! Super excited and scared of getting completely huge. Anyways, I will still be walking and working out and I am staying in this group to stay motivated!!! I have come up with a plan to stick with throughout my pregnancy... it is not as intense as I would like but I have someone else to think about now!

*I will still weigh in on Fridays (please don't laugh bc it will prob go up every week LOL). My goal is to try and only gain 25-30 lbs. I did not weigh in this morning...so next week will be my first week to start tracking my weight gain ;) I may take measurements so I can monitor my expansion LOL.

I LOVE the idea of counting miles and traveling places!! That is def a motivator.

I say if we post our weights on Fridays we should go ahead and give ourselves and one other person in the group some positive motivation or thought. ???

I have increased my calories to 2000 a day... I don't think I have even came close to eating that!! I need to start making better food choices..I have def been eating just whatvever I feel like!

Here is my workout schedule
    Sunday: 45 min cardio
    Monday: Pre-natal yoga
    Tuesday: Pre-natal strength&cardio
    Wednesday: 45 min cardio
    Thursday: Pre-natal strength&cardio
    Friday; Pre-natal Yoga
    Saturday: Pre-natal strength&cardio
    **I think this plan is going to be good for me!

Again, thank you all for your continued support. You are all amazing and I feel so blessed to be part of such a fantastic group :)

Tash
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    and I LOVE everything that you ladies are saying. The ideas are great! and I love that its a "group" effort.
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    What does (Closed Group) mean? I am new, sorry.

Most forums started by groups are open to new members that want to join at anytime. If it says "closed group" it is because the group is not accepting new members for various reasons (usually as an attempt to keep things simple). Less people = less confusion. Welcome to MFP though and good luck with your lifestyle change! There is lots of great support on this website :flowerforyou:
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    I have an awesome idea! What if we make sure to "stop" at the cities (or nearby major cities) that all of us live in on our way from NYC to LA?! and Lorriane you are more than welcome to pick any city in the USA that you want!!! I suggest Detroit ;) LOL
  • USAFwifey12
    Options
    I have an awesome idea! What if we make sure to "stop" at the cities (or nearby major cities) that all of us live in on our way from NYC to LA?! and Lorriane you are more than welcome to pick any city in the USA that you want!!! I suggest Detroit ;) LOL

FUN!!! Ok, everyone list their city (or a major one nearby or even one you've wanted to visit) and I will make out a map of our "trip." I'm going to choose Dayton, OH (that's where I was born) since it's closer to the route than TN lol :happy: Keep the list going and when we have all 14 cities I'll make a route.

Detriot, MI (I'll assume this is yours Kerri :wink: )
    Dayton, OH (Robin)
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    Detroit, MI for me too!! :D I like this idea as well. :)
  • Caroline9252
    Options
    I like the idea of the weekend goals as well. I have over and over blown it on the weekends and spent time losing what I have gained. Its so dumb. Why do I do that... I work so hard during the week and then I blow it.

My first weekend goal = WATER WATER WATER
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't responded yet!! I am loving all the ideas, I'm not sure where to start! haha. For the Coast to Coast tour, make a stop in Lansing, MI. It's close enough to my town :smile:

This week I weighed in at 161lbs exactly. I hope to hit the 150's next week so I will be pushing hard this weekend and next week! Monday I am starting Insanity, and I have to say I am a little nervous because last time I started Insanity, I ended up gaining/loosing for several weeks. My goals for this weekend are:

- drink 10 glasses of water a day
    - stay under on calories both days
    - at least walk with Lukas each day*

* After that cleanse I attempted to do, I have really been feeling umm.. not good hah. I'm hoping I can get it all out of my system this weekend!

I'm also helping my Mom mulch her yard on Sunday. So I will be burning quite a bit of calories I'm sure. I told myself I wasn't going to drink alcohol for 2 weeks, but I may have some Sangria that day because well after mulching her yard I think I deserve it lol.

I also plan to take a picture tomorrow in my bikini again and do it every month to see the changes. Because my goal for this challenge is to be down to 140 by my birthday 9/21!!

Does everyone want to try the Insanity Fit Test? It's 8 different exercises, you do each for a minute and count how many you do in that minute. I can scan it and attach it in an email if everyone is interested. It can be one of our challenges, then later on we can revisit it and try to beat our old numbers!

Goodluck ladies, super excited for this challenge. You all rock!!!
  • Lindz8afish
    Options
    HEY GIRLS!!! Well my goals have most def changed because I AM almost 7 weeks PREGNANT!! Super excited and scared of getting completely huge. Anyways, I will still be walking and working out and I am staying in this group to stay motivated!!! I have come up with a plan to stick with throughout my pregnancy... it is not as intense as I would like but I have someone else to think about now!

*I will still weigh in on Fridays (please don't laugh bc it will prob go up every week LOL). My goal is to try and only gain 25-30 lbs. I did not weigh in this morning...so next week will be my first week to start tracking my weight gain ;) I may take measurements so I can monitor my expansion LOL.

I LOVE the idea of counting miles and traveling places!! That is def a motivator.

I say if we post our weights on Fridays we should go ahead and give ourselves and one other person in the group some positive motivation or thought. ???

I have increased my calories to 2000 a day... I don't think I have even came close to eating that!! I need to start making better food choices..I have def been eating just whatvever I feel like!

Here is my workout schedule
    Sunday: 45 min cardio
    Monday: Pre-natal yoga
    Tuesday: Pre-natal strength&cardio
    Wednesday: 45 min cardio
    Thursday: Pre-natal strength&cardio
    Friday; Pre-natal Yoga
    Saturday: Pre-natal strength&cardio
    **I think this plan is going to be good for me!

Again, thank you all for your continued support. You are all amazing and I feel so blessed to be part of such a fantastic group :)

Tash

Congrats!!! I did prenatal yoga everyday of my pregnancy, I didn't do it one day and I could definitely tell the difference. Don't worry about what you gain. If you are eating healthy, then you were meant to gain that for the baby. You will do great :bigsmile:
  • Lindz8afish
    Options
    Oh hey, my good friend Sarah is joining this challenge as well. If you can all add her as a friend it'd be great! Her name is sswaynie. Thanks! :)