Hotties With Bodies (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• lucybp
    lucybp Posts: 193
    Options
    Great job squeezing in a work out Caroline!
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Tell me one thing you LOVE about yourself on the inside and one thing you LOVE on the outside.

I love that I am getting better and better at advocating for my special needs patients. NO ONE messes with them. I also love my smile. =)

Ok, your turn.
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I am still here. I missed the start of the group and have been running around. Things have finally calmed down a bit so I am back in the game. I weighed last friday 7/8 and I was 162. This week has been good so far. Hoping to keep it going. I was just flipping through the posts and I love the cross country challenge for the group. It is even better than the original idea. I will check back in when my son goes down for a nap. Right now I got to stop him from trying to climb on the coffee table.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I have an awesome idea! What if we make sure to "stop" at the cities (or nearby major cities) that all of us live in on our way from NYC to LA?! and Lorriane you are more than welcome to pick any city in the USA that you want!!! I suggest Detroit ;) LOL

I live in Mass (east of NYC) so Can we stop at Zion National Park in Utah for my place :-). To date it was my favorite vacation spot and my hubby and I are seriously considering moving there when we retire (or at least getting a vacation house out there).
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Here is our list of hotties (that's 15 so if I'm missing anyone let me know!):
    HWB-1-1.jpg

Thank you for the kind words everyone, it helped make it so much easier to get up and at it today. I know everything you say is true and have known it for some time (this is probably the 6th time he's done this in 3 years so yes I get a lot of "I told you so"), I just have to learn to listen to it and remember how it feels right now when he comes back (which will be inevitable, knowing him). I WILL find someone who treats me right instead of lowering my standards to make the wrong person seem right. I did have a slight pity party with a bag of peanut butter cups last night but managed to keep the damage minimal lol. Time to let it go and harnes all the frustration into my workouts. To be honest, getting back with him was the reason I gained all the weight I worked so hard to get off and I'm not going to let him leaving make my health backslide even further. Maybe I'll pick up running again like I did last time this happened lol.

Great job on everyone getting their burns in, especially Caroline with your OT! We're going to make some ground this week on our way to LA, that's for sure!!! Happy Tuesday!

Ok - I think we may be missing Dani? I think she is doing this too. Unless I missed something? LOL.

I am still here Drcarrier/ Dani. Sorry checking in so late. been visiting family and missed the first posts :-)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Ladies,

Tell me one thing you LOVE about yourself on the inside and one thing you LOVE on the outside.

I love that I am getting better and better at advocating for my special needs patients. NO ONE messes with them. I also love my smile. =)

Ok, your turn.

I love that I am an extremely patient person. I very rarely get rushed or give up when trying to help or teach someone something new. I love that my eyes change colors with my mood and environments. When I am happy and it is sunny they are greenish yellow, when I am mad or sad they are dark brown, and every mood in between is a different color. I didn't get my dad's amazing baby blues but I did manage to get something pretty neat.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Okay. The baby is napping so I can actually type without him trying to get at the computer or get into something he isn't supposed to.

SW 7/8- 162.0

I am starting this challenge hoping to work on my attitude and my habits, especially my weekend habits. My lifestyle changes completely on the weekends. During the week when I am home alone (with my son) I make great choices. I am active and I eat the right foods. On the weekend when my hubby is home from work I kind of fall back into our old habits. It is a crappy dinner out, followed by a bottle of wine. Or a ridiculously huge breakfast followed by a day of bad decisions. I need to get out of the mind frame of "my day is shot, screw it, tomorrow is another day". I have come to realize that if I have one bad meal but don't screw with the rest of the day then the damage will be less. I have been yo-yoing between 160-and 162 for the last month and a half (with a VERY breif stop at 159.6 for like a day). My only hope is that by the end of this challenge I will be securely in the 150s and staying there. This challenge is perfect for me. I leave for my cruise on October 8th so this challenge will get me almost to that trip and will keep me accountable and pushing myself until then.

My goals for the week-
    1) 10 glasses of water per day
    2) Under on sodium every day
    3) burn 2500 calories (M-F)
    4) Stick to my meal plan (dinners)

My plan for the week-
    Mon- rest
    Tues- colorguard rehearsal (am) elliptical (pm)
    Wed- Insanity fit test, 100 sit ups, run/walk (pm)
    Th- colorguard reheasal (am), run/walk (pm)
    F- run/walk

Thanks for not giving up on me when I didn't show up the first few days! You ladies have been a great inspiration and motivation and I am looking forward to getting healthier with you!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Ok, your turn.

I love that I am an extremely patient person. I very rarely get rushed or give up when trying to help or teach someone something new. I love that my eyes change colors with my mood and environments. When I am happy and it is sunny they are greenish yellow, when I am mad or sad they are dark brown, and every mood in between is a different color. I didn't get my dad's amazing baby blues but I did manage to get something pretty neat.

Dani that is the coolest thing Ive ever heard!! Its almost like a super-power! haha

I absolutely love when I make people laugh. It makes me feel really great and its important to me that people like me and enjoy my company :)
    On the outside...I guess I love my eyes :) They don't do anything awesome like change colours! But they are the one body part that never puts on weight so for a long time they were the only thing I liked about myself and I guess Ive just grown to like them more and more :)
  • SarahSway
    SarahSway Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Ladies,

Ok, your turn.

I love my desire to help people (That's probably why I'm in the hospitality industry). On the outside I love my blue eye color. I got it from my Grandpa. :-)
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    Insanity Fit test Results:

Switch Kicks- 64 (32 reps)
    Power Jacks- 25
    Power knees- 67
    Power Jumps- 21
    Globe Jumps- 7
    Suicide Jumps- 11
    Push up Jacks- 11
    Low Plank Obliques- 28

Okay- I am most impressed with my Push up Jacks number. When I watched the video for these I almost said "No way, not going to try it" mostly because push ups are my nemesis and the idea of moving my feet at the same time was absurd. I decided to give it ago and low and behold I survived. I am apparantly much stronger (and coordinated) than I thought. I now understand why it is called Insanity. In the time it took me to do these 8 little exercises I was sweating like crazy and had to strip down to my sports bra (the joys of working out at home when no one is around). I can only imagine doing a work out comprised of these moves and similar. I can't wait to see if I can improve upon these numbers.
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Mid-week check in. Today may have to be a rest day. I could barely crawl out of bed my back is super sore. Not sure what that's about. I'm going to head up to Lansing today to visit a friend who just had a baby and then hopefully afterwards I'll be feeling better and able to get in my Insanity! So far my week has been good!

1200/2500 calories burned
    My water intake has been 10+ glasses every day
    I managed to stay under on sugar on Monday, that was HUGE for me!! I know most of my sugar comes from fruit, but still :)
    Oh and I did 25 situps Monday and yesterday. 50 more to go!

For the things we love, this is going to sound weird, but on the outside I love my back. I love that it is slimming down again and I don't have as much back fat anymore. I have always thought I have a great back haha. On the inside I love that I am so patient with other people/animals.

Happy Hump Day everyone, and if I don't get a chance to post tomorrow, get a killer last chance workout before weigh in day!!! :bigsmile:
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Insanity Fit test Results:

Switch Kicks- 64 (32 reps)
    Power Jacks- 25
    Power knees- 67
    Power Jumps- 21
    Globe Jumps- 7
    Suicide Jumps- 11
    Push up Jacks- 11
    Low Plank Obliques- 28

Okay- I am most impressed with my Push up Jacks number. When I watched the video for these I almost said "No way, not going to try it" mostly because push ups are my nemesis and the idea of moving my feet at the same time was absurd. I decided to give it ago and low and behold I survived. I am apparantly much stronger (and coordinated) than I thought. I now understand why it is called Insanity. In the time it took me to do these 8 little exercises I was sweating like crazy and had to strip down to my sports bra (the joys of working out at home when no one is around). I can only imagine doing a work out comprised of these moves and similar. I can't wait to see if I can improve upon these numbers.

I haven't done the Insanity Fitness Test since March! I wanted to yesterday but TOM is here and I feel like crap! I want to wait til I feel better! I DO remember though that my first time doing it (January) I could NOT DO ONE push up jack =(

Here were my results:

Date: 1/1/2011 3/8/2011
    Switch Kicks 101 123
    Power Jacks 41 55
    Power Knees 77 84
    Power Jumps 28 35
    Globe Jumps 9 10
    Suicide Jumps 11 16
    Push Up Jacks 0 5
    Low Plank Oblique 53 51

Can't wait to do it asap!
  • dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    =0) Things I love.... My smile is bangin' and I like my teeth.. but also, my arms are lookin' pretty darn good since February. You can see some definition to them... Ohh, the small things! And, I think I'm a very good friend! I'm honest/sincere/loyal... everything I'd want in a friend!

Hoping the weather is great tonight to get a walk in with my puppy, and perhaps another evening swim.
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    =0) Things I love.... My smile is bangin' and I like my teeth.. but also, my arms are lookin' pretty darn good since February. You can see some definition to them... Ohh, the small things! And, I think I'm a very good friend! I'm honest/sincere/loyal... everything I'd want in a friend!

Hoping the weather is great tonight to get a walk in with my puppy, and perhaps another evening swim.

Your smile IS bangin'!!!! And I love your hair too! :)
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Hi Hotties,

Dunno what was up with me today, I just did not want to do anything. I kept putting my workout off til the last minute. I was supposed to go to the gym today and get a big burn in but I just didn't feel like it. So I decided I would do my Biggest Loser strength training DVD for 40mins and get a 40min run in as well.
    I put on my workout clothes and sat on the bed to put my runners on and next thing I know I had passed out asleep on my bed for 45mins! When I got up I was SO close to not bothering to get any workout in at all. But I decided to just get on with doing the DVD and when that was finished I had another mental battle about whether to do my run. I wasn't going to do it but I said feck it I'm all dressed and ready to go and everything so I might as well do it.
    When I left the house and started running after about 2mins I just felt really tired and almost convinced myself to turn around and head home but my housemate was sitting in the living room watching TV so I knew I would look totally stupid if I turned around and went back home after 2 minutes! So I just pushed through it and got the full run in.

Sorry to spell out my whole evening for you guys but I just cant believe how unenthusiastic I felt today! I felt like I couldn't be bothered to do anything and I don't know where that vibe came from. It was a real struggle to get my workout done even though I knew I would feel great afterward, I honestly felt like I would have preferred to sit inside (on a lovely summers day) watching TV and eating nothing but chocolate!

OK I'm finished now! I guess what I learned from today is that I'm going to experience this feeling a few times during this challenge and I need to get my head around it and just get the job done. Laziness is what got me to being overweight and extremely unhappy and I need to nip that in the bud!

Honestly if it weren't for you Hotties I most definitely would have sat inside all evening indulging myself. The Hottie Train wont get all the way to L.A. if we don't show laziness who's boss!!!

Thanks for being my inspiration today :flowerforyou:
  • USAFwifey12
    USAFwifey12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Question, how long of a break are you supposed to take between each exercise on the Insanity Fit Test? Or do you just do it all straight through?
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Question, how long of a break are you supposed to take between each exercise on the Insanity Fit Test? Or do you just do it all straight through?

In the DVD there are about a minute break inbetween each exercise so he can explain the next one to you. But it's not long enough hahaha :tongue:
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Good evening Hotties!!

First, Kerri's question: on the inside I'll go with being a good listener. I don't speak outloud much, but I listen well. As for the outside, I'll go with my eyes even though I need to wear glasses. ;-)

Just got back from a 2 mile walk. I think tomorrow will be a rest day. I think I'm going to have to stay at work a bit late. I'm training a new employee, my boss is on vacation and so is one of my team members. My desk exploded again today.

I'm currently at 20 sit-ups for this week, and I expect to get around 200 at the Hardcore Abs class, so I'll help out anyone that doesn't make their 100. BTW, it is any type of crunches, right?

I'll check in again when I can!
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    I love that I care about friends , family and people in general and do everything I can for them. It makes me feel good to make other people feel good and succeed. I also love my smile :) I think it puts people at ease.

Ladies,

Ok, your turn.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Hey I feel you. I have had this happen to me so many times.I try really hard to not think about it, just setting my mind to just do it no excuses. It is def an ongoing challenge. I agree to the group has been helping me get out there and move! Great work :)
    Hi Hotties,

Dunno what was up with me today, I just did not want to do anything. I kept putting my workout off til the last minute. I was supposed to go to the gym today and get a big burn in but I just didn't feel like it. So I decided I would do my Biggest Loser strength training DVD for 40mins and get a 40min run in as well.
    I put on my workout clothes and sat on the bed to put my runners on and next thing I know I had passed out asleep on my bed for 45mins! When I got up I was SO close to not bothering to get any workout in at all. But I decided to just get on with doing the DVD and when that was finished I had another mental battle about whether to do my run. I wasn't going to do it but I said feck it I'm all dressed and ready to go and everything so I might as well do it.
    When I left the house and started running after about 2mins I just felt really tired and almost convinced myself to turn around and head home but my housemate was sitting in the living room watching TV so I knew I would look totally stupid if I turned around and went back home after 2 minutes! So I just pushed through it and got the full run in.

Sorry to spell out my whole evening for you guys but I just cant believe how unenthusiastic I felt today! I felt like I couldn't be bothered to do anything and I don't know where that vibe came from. It was a real struggle to get my workout done even though I knew I would feel great afterward, I honestly felt like I would have preferred to sit inside (on a lovely summers day) watching TV and eating nothing but chocolate!

OK I'm finished now! I guess what I learned from today is that I'm going to experience this feeling a few times during this challenge and I need to get my head around it and just get the job done. Laziness is what got me to being overweight and extremely unhappy and I need to nip that in the bud!

Honestly if it weren't for you Hotties I most definitely would have sat inside all evening indulging myself. The Hottie Train wont get all the way to L.A. if we don't show laziness who's boss!!!

Thanks for being my inspiration today :flowerforyou: