What are your favorite Low Calorie Meals???

Options
thetrans04
thetrans04 Posts: 15 Member
Hey everyone....just wondering if you had any low calorie meals that you would like to share???? Thanks!!!!

Replies

• beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Shrimp with any stir fry vegetables and a little low sodium soy sauce.
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Wraps! They are so easy to make and you can put ANYTHING in them.
    I like faux chicken fajitas..
    I make them with:
    -lime chili chicken (just baked/grilled w/ lime juice and chili powder)
    -100 cal tortilla
    -brown rice
    -spinach (fresh)
    -peppers and onions (sauteed w/ garlic and a little bit of olive oil)
    -black beans
    -corn
    -salsa
    -sometimes a little bit of cheese
    So good!
    And you can use the leftovers (black beans and sauteed veggies) for bfast wraps in the morning :)
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    What do you consider low calorie? I consider low calorie like, under 500 for a meal but I'm set at a base of 1400 and burn about 300 calories per day... if I can't think of anything creative, I usually just do:

4 oz chicken tenderloins - 90 cals
    1 cup spinach - 30 cals
    1 tbsp olive oil - 120 cals
    1 cup steamed white rice - 150 cals

for a total of 390.
  • tracikearns
    tracikearns Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love foil dinners :) Just put chicken breast ( or meat of your choice) in a piece of foil and add whatever veggies you like ( this is nice when you and your family like different things, each one can be customized to your tastes) my fav in there is carrots, potato, green beans, cherry tomatoes and mushrooms...wrap in foil ( 2-3 pieces/layers) and cook on the grill for about an hour or until veggies are tender and meat is cooked through. When done, you can open it and add a piece of low-cal cheese and let that melt...super yummy!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    avacado chicken

avacado with lime juice, jalapeno and fresh cilantro tossed together. Diced blackened chicken breast on top of avacado mixture. rinsed and heated black beans on top of that. squeeze a little lime juice on top and enjoy!!
  • lizajanetoo
    lizajanetoo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    These are great low calorie items I use when I have the muchies or need something that fills me up ~

2 egg Omelette made from egg beaters with onion and bell pepper and a slice of fat free cheese slice , with a side of fruit and low cal bread toast. less that 250 calories.

I also like lean ground chicken (don't like the turkey) 1/4 of a pound is 90 cals.
    Cook like hamburger with seasoning. Then I make 3 lettuce wraps with the meat, onion, bell pepper, and 1/3 of a low cal cheese slice in each wrap Side with mixed veggies or homemade veggie chips (still working out the receipe). Less than 200 calories.

Tofu Noodles. 8oz. is only 40 calories. (Tofu Shirataki Noodles, I have only found them at Whole Foods)
    All the textue and most of the tast of noodles, without the calories and carbs of real noodles.
    Make as directed and mix with veggies and/or meats. Can be as low as 100 calories.
  • tumbafu2
    tumbafu2 Posts: 7
    Options
    I don't have a lot of meals at this point but some fillers I really like:

Thai Cucumber Salad

Cucumbers, Red Onion, 1/2 C. Rice Wine Vinegar (w/equal part water), ~ 1 Tbsp sugar or Splenda, salt to taste.

Tiger Sauce makes anything good.
  • kellystjohn88
    kellystjohn88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My favorite website for low calorie and really delicious meals is http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/03/recipe-index.html
    its a food blog and she has so many great options and list all nutritional information for everything!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ok, not exactly a meal, but definitely a treat and could be a breakfast. Yum Yum Brownie Muffins (kids came up with the name, lol). Mix one can of pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin) and one box of chocolate cake mix. It will be thick, don't add anything else! Scoop into a muffin tin and bake for 20 minues at 400 degrees. 186 calories and tons of vitamin A. Whole family loves them!
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I like boiled carrots and sweet red peppers. I put italian seasonings in it with some garlic salt. It's soo good to me that I feel like I'm cheating. :blushing:
  • BonLou76
    BonLou76 Posts: 36
    Options
    bump
  • c00ncc
    c00ncc Posts: 55
    Options
    I do alot of chicken quesadillas...

what i do is pan grill 1 package of chicken tendorlions (enough for the whole week)

1 serving of chicken (4oz) is 110 cals inside a low cal tortilla with 1 serving of whatever cheese blend you like. I have some salsa on the side too.

I love them and it fills me up!
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    bump
    I've been digging on a salad lately. Normally I don't care for sweet salads with fruit but I can't get enough of this one!

Lettuce
    strawberries, sliced
    Sliced Almonds (honey glazed or plain)
    Brianna's Poppyseed dressing
    Chicken cubes (Freezer section, pre-cooked and cut)

I've also been having a salad with more traditional toppings with feta cheese and chicken.
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ok, not exactly a meal, but definitely a treat and could be a breakfast. Yum Yum Brownie Muffins (kids came up with the name, lol). Mix one can of pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin) and one box of chocolate cake mix. It will be thick, don't add anything else! Scoop into a muffin tin and bake for 20 minues at 400 degrees. 186 calories and tons of vitamin A. Whole family loves them! }quote}
    Have you tried it with spice cake mix? or any other? just wondering...sounds delicious! thanks for sharing
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Bump for later! :)
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ok, not exactly a meal, but definitely a treat and could be a breakfast. Yum Yum Brownie Muffins (kids came up with the name, lol). Mix one can of pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin) and one box of chocolate cake mix. It will be thick, don't add anything else! Scoop into a muffin tin and bake for 20 minues at 400 degrees. 186 calories and tons of vitamin A. Whole family loves them! }quote}
    Have you tried it with spice cake mix? or any other? just wondering...sounds delicious! thanks for sharing

I have only tried chocolate. The pumpkin gives the cake a very dense texture. Not sure how that would come across in other cake mixes. They feel and taste like brownies. :)
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Recently, it's been sliced turkey on a bagel with a little mayo + mustard. Less than 200 calories and is soooo satisfying! :bigsmile:
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

I have only tried chocolate. The pumpkin gives the cake a very dense texture. Not sure how that would come across in other cake mixes. They feel and taste like brownies. :)

these sound super amazing (:

have you ever added nuts? i wonder how that would taste