What are your favorite Low Calorie Meals???

Options
2»

Replies

• crazybigchick
    Options
    Ok, not exactly a meal, but definitely a treat and could be a breakfast. Yum Yum Brownie Muffins (kids came up with the name, lol). Mix one can of pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin) and one box of chocolate cake mix. It will be thick, don't add anything else! Scoop into a muffin tin and bake for 20 minues at 400 degrees. 186 calories and tons of vitamin A. Whole family loves them! }quote}
    Have you tried it with spice cake mix? or any other? just wondering...sounds delicious! thanks for sharing

I have only tried chocolate. The pumpkin gives the cake a very dense texture. Not sure how that would come across in other cake mixes. They feel and taste like brownies. :)

I have made this several times as well. I hated them the first time I made it. However, all four of my children liked it, so I continued to make it. Now I really like them and actually crave them every now and again. Maybe it is because I have been dieting and off of real brownies for a while? Who knows, but these are definitely worth trying!
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I love one pan fried egg sunny side up on a piece of toasted potato bread. Around 150 calories and super yummy!
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    bump
  • btor
    btor Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I make pizzas out of whole wheat tortillas- add tomato sauce/bbq sauce/garlic & olive oil as a sauce on top and then any meat/veggies you like, add 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese, put in toaster oven until bubbly and enjoy! They are always 350 cals or under and totally customizable.
  • MeredithRN
    MeredithRN Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    The pumpkin/cake mix sounds good! I have some pumpkin taking up space in my cupboard... thanks!
  • banjobaby
    banjobaby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One of my new favorite breakfasts is 1 or 2 cups sauteed chopped kale, 1 cup of egg whites, and sweet potato (no skin). I cook the kale until wilted, add sweet potato (pre-cooked in the microwave and taken out of skin) then add the egg whites - add salt and pepper to taste. It ends up like a scramble and looks really pretty! Not to mention whenever I eat kale I feel super energized :)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Ok, not exactly a meal, but definitely a treat and could be a breakfast. Yum Yum Brownie Muffins (kids came up with the name, lol). Mix one can of pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin) and one box of chocolate cake mix. It will be thick, don't add anything else! Scoop into a muffin tin and bake for 20 minues at 400 degrees. 186 calories and tons of vitamin A. Whole family loves them!

I've got this in the oven right now! I also added a tablespoon+ of pumpkin pie mix and a cup of chopped walnuts. The batter was delicious so I have high hopes for the muffins!
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ok, not exactly a meal, but definitely a treat and could be a breakfast. Yum Yum Brownie Muffins (kids came up with the name, lol). Mix one can of pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin) and one box of chocolate cake mix. It will be thick, don't add anything else! Scoop into a muffin tin and bake for 20 minues at 400 degrees. 186 calories and tons of vitamin A. Whole family loves them!
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options

I've got this in the oven right now! I also added a tablespoon+ of pumpkin pie mix and a cup of chopped walnuts. The batter was delicious so I have high hopes for the muffins!

AHHH! The pressure! lol You will love them.
  • rgprn
    rgprn Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Do you add anything to the cake mix other than pumpkin? I've been wanting to make some low cal pumpkin muffins maybe using applesauce instead of oil.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    No. It will be thick, but only mix the pumpkin and the cake mix together. No oil, no eggs, no water.
  • princess_elle
    Options
    I recently bought Orowheat 100% whole wheat sandwich rolls and I am totally impressed. I highly recomend this brand of rolls. I normally do not enjoy whole wheat, but these were so soft and flavorful! A whole bun is 100 calories, so I added deli cut turkey breast, lettuce, pickles, and mustard for a total of 170 calories. A side of fresh grapes for about 80 cal. and desert is Hunt's sugar free caramel pudding snack pack for 60 cal.

Delicious and satisfying meal for 300 calories and 5 grams of fat! Can't wait for lunch tomorrow. =)
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options

AHHH! The pressure! lol You will love them.

They're really good! And for the person who asked about the nuts, they were realy yummy with walnuts, I have this weird texture thing where I like nuts in most brownies/baked goods or else the texture is a little blah for me. 238 cals with the walnuts and the brand of cake mix I used. Thanks for sharing d12brown!
  • PSUgrl921
    PSUgrl921 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    For lunch I do mini pizzas on 100 calorie flatbread sandwich pitas with a tablespoon of spaghetti sauce and some feta cheese. Delicious. I actually bought mini pepperonis to try with my next batch.

For a salad I do a cucumber based salad with green peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, kalamata olives, feta cheese and a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice for the dressing.

I also love a simple spinach, mozzarella and cherry tomato salad with balsamic vinagrette. Today I had that with a fresh kiwi and some light and fit yogurt.
  • AnnThereseRN
    AnnThereseRN Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Love doing this! Works great with any cake mix and even in a cake pan! I have made it for parties and its super moist and fluffy.