any 5'7 girls out there?

Options

Replies

• Oliver_Cat_13
    Oliver_Cat_13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be where most of you are starting ... 160 lbs.
    I look fantastic at this weight.

I feel the same! I'm currently at 250, but I definitely think I was at my best and most attractive weight at 170 or 175, so that's where I'd like to be.
  • anjanettecomer
    Options
    I started around 170 and am around 140 now. I'm hoping for 130; we'll see. I want to read this later when it's not so late.
  • MonkeyMoo08
    Options
    I think it's realistic! I am also 5'7" but my goal weight is just 155. Good luck!
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my starting weight was 225. I currently maintain a constant weight of 143-145, and at that weight am a size 10. In a perfect world, I'd like to be smaller, but this is a healthy weight I can maintain and I think this is where my body wants me because I've been here for quite a while and it does not appear the scale is going to budge anytime soon. So be it. Good luck to you. :happy:

Hi
    I am a smidge under 5'7" (167 cm tall I am) and currently 98 kgs (215.6 lbs). I would love to be about 75 kgs (165 lb), which still sounds a lot, but I think that is probably do-able and sustainable at my age. 70kgs (154 lb) would be my absolute best goal! At my lowest I was 63 kgs (138.6 lbs) but that was just too low - I looked too skinny.

In Australia we use Kgs and I think 98 Kgs sounds a lot better than 215 lbs! So going to try & think in pounds as a motivator :-)

PS I am using a online converter to get the weights so hope they are right.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 6", which is close. I'm 129 now, and my goal weight is 120 lbs. I realize this wouldn't be realistic for every body, but I barely have a chest, and I have a tiny waist. All of my weight is stored in my lower stomach, thighs, and bum so I definitely have some more to lose, plus I'm small framed.
  • lissypriss
    lissypriss Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I WAS 5'7, but according to the Dr., I shrunk to 5'6! LOL! I'm at 159 right now, and I want to get to 145. It is a realistic goal! I got down to 138 a few years ago, and still looked "healthy". I plan on working my rear off this go round so I can finally look good in a bathing suit and set a good example for my kids. It's been so hard, but I'm going to get to my goal! :)
  • dalgirly
    dalgirly Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Sounds fairly reasonable to me. I am the same height (but a fair bit heavier), and I want to be around 150-155lbs. But I know my body well and I am always on the heavier side (even if I am small looking).

But that sounds reasonable!
  • obviouslysubtle
    obviouslysubtle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm technically 5' 6.75," but close enough. My starting weight two years ago was 160. I got down to 152 before falling off the wagon after Thanksgiving of 2010. I got down to 152 again this fall, and once again fell off the wagon this holiday. I'm 156 right now but can't bring myself to change my ticker again.

My ultimate goal weight is 130. I was that weight at age 15, but I was an inch shorter so...

Either way, 130-135 lbs is definitely a reasonable weight. It's just a matter of staying on the ball.

I'm worried my body naturally wants to stay in the 150s, but I've never managed to become a habitual exerciser which complicates things. I've begun running twice a week with a friend lately. She's keeping me motivated, so fingers crossed this time.
  • lucylou9701
    Options
    I am 5'8 and currently 139lbs and my goal weight is set at 130lbs :) I am currently a size 6 and would be absolutely over the moon to get down to a size 2/4 but that is my ultimate goal... just want to keep toning up and see where it goes from there....
  • Ruru150
    Ruru150 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started my weight loss journey ... again... hoping to get down to 150, then reassess my goal. i think your goal is doable!!!! good luck and stick with it!
  • zesss
    zesss Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and am at 150lbs. My ultimate goal is to get down to between 125lbs and 120lbs, but I really just want to tone up my stomach and lose weight off my hips and thighs, so if that happens before those numbers, I'll be happy :)
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 when I joined I was 125.7kg (277.1lbs)....I'm now 116.1kg (255.9lbs).......

My first goal is to get to 100kg(220.5lbs).....Once there then I will see how I feel and if I can go lower.....

I just want to feel comfortable and I was when I was last at that weight...........
  • Rubyinthesand2012
    Options
    Im just starting out at 190 i want to get down to around 150 may be 145...ive never been super skinny except after being ill when i dropped to 125 but i looked SO ILL dont want to get that low...and would like to keep some curves
  • mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    My initial goal weight was 65kg (145lb), but I switched it to 70kg (154lbs) after consideration and some input from this site http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/body-fat-chart.php

Not sure how accurate it is, but according to the calculations, I would be at a dangerously low body fat percentage at 145lb.
  • patf2a3
    Options
    I am 5"7 and I have always weighed around 125-130 and people said I was too skinny. I think it depends on how you carry your weight. I currently weigh 183 and am very discouraged because I can not lose weight for anything. I am currenlty on medications that no matter how hard I try do not seem to let me lose weight. I have cut my calories, I work out everyday it is very upsetting. But for those of you who say they want to be around 140. I would say that is a healthy weight for anyone at 5'7. I would kill to be at that weight right now.
  • logansmom6106
    logansmom6106 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal weight is 145 then Ill go from there Im starting at 214 and Ive been on for a while just lost myself around the holidays. Now time to get my self moving again.
  • sarapascual23
    Options
    I'm a little bit more than 5'7'' and Im currently 126 lbs, and I started with 134 lbs :)
  • fattabby1
    fattabby1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yeah!! love this post. i'm 5ft 11"
  • fattabby1
    fattabby1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    im 205 lbs aiming for 160lbs
  • karenpfleger
    karenpfleger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" (we should all make a club here). I am at my highest non-pregnant weight now, 163. I am not sure what happened in the past 8 months. I have been exercising. But before all this rapid weight gain, I maintained a weight between 135 - 140 for years. I dropped down to 125 - 130 when I was nursing the last one of my 3 kids. I found that weight to feel wonderful on me, but I was simply not able to maintain it. And everyone around me told me I looked terrible that thin. I guess it depends on the individual and how they carry the weight. I'd love to be down in high 120's again, but I doubt that will happen for me. Good luck with you weight loss.