I hope this is within the posting guidelines....

Options

Replies

• 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Here is you a place that calculates most activities ....and gives you the calories burned.....and yes , sex is on the list!:blushing:
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • starryheart83
    Options
    When I first bought my HRM, DH wanted me to wear it during sex. I refused. What happens when my heart rate is less than he expected or desired? lol

Hahaha! That is totally true...I wouldn't want that to be an issue!
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    salsa dancing? I'll have what she's having!!
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    LOL starry! My boyfriend and I were LITERALLY just talking about this yesterday. It is lifestyle, but hell, if it's a hot session, I would log it in.

On the other hand, I guess your friends don't want to see "So-and-so burned 600 calories doing 2 hours of "sex" lmao
  • starryheart83
    Options
    LOL starry! My boyfriend and I were LITERALLY just talking about this yesterday. It is lifestyle, but hell, if it's a hot session, I would log it in.

On the other hand, I guess your friends don't want to see "So-and-so burned 600 calories doing 2 hours of "sex" lmao

Yeah I might not want people to know that, although I'm not shy! Though you could always log it in as something else! Like the great suggestion of salsa dancing! lol...
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    sex "should" be considered part of your normal routine, and there for not something that should really be logged because its not out of your normal.
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Its not on there because although you have to be 18 to join up the site is PG13...plus do you really want your pals seeing "starryheart83 burned 109 calories doing 25 minutes of "having sex"...and more to the point do they want to know everytime you do rumpy pumpy?? Oh and it really doesn't burn that much despite what some may think unless you're into coital gynastics

Or "mfreeby burned 27 calories doing 7 minutes of having sex" LOLOL
  • RockinHorseRanch
    Options

This site has the best information..I burned 150 calories just reading it!:love:
  • starryheart83
    Options
    Its not on there because although you have to be 18 to join up the site is PG13...plus do you really want your pals seeing "starryheart83 burned 109 calories doing 25 minutes of "having sex"...and more to the point do they want to know everytime you do rumpy pumpy?? Oh and it really doesn't burn that much despite what some may think unless you're into coital gynastics

Or "mfreeby burned 27 calories doing 7 minutes of having sex" LOLOL

LMBO! So true I didn't think of it like that!
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I'm basing this on my weight of 340
    Sexual Activity - vigorous
    231 calories in 60 min
    Sexual Activity - moderate
    200 calories in 60 min
    Sexual Activity - light
    154 calories in 60 min

If you subtract your BMR even at vigorous for an hour we are talking about 146 in my case. That is per hour. I'm not even bothering to worry about those calories.

If you weight 190
    Sexual Activity - vigorous
    119 calories in 60 min
    Take out a BMR of about 60 per hour and you are left with 59 calories. That assumes one hour of vigorous activity.

I really think it would be like logging showering and cooking. It's already accounted for.
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Yeah I might not want people to know that, although I'm not shy! Though you could always log it in as something else! Like the great suggestion of salsa dancing! lol...

Me neither! I'd be proud of my romps, I could see some people being like "Way to go!" and then you're like "Yep, I'm SO sore from my sweaty workout! ;) "
  • nitarongish
    nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    A terrific site to go on to get calories burned for hundreds of activities is: caloriesperhour.com You enter your personal weight and how long and it calculates the calories for you. I usually will add an exercise here in the database if it isn't there already. Go to the 4th Tab where it says "Calories Burned Calculator". It is a handy site for me. Hope that helps!
  • nitarongish
    nitarongish Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll include this activity under another "exercise" that burns the same calories. Afterall, we do burn them suckers and!
  • kimmy_72
    kimmy_72 Posts: 8
    Options
    ROFLMAO!!!! Starry you're hilarious - i think it's fab that you posted this question!!!

Now, for us single gals...

LOL

Salsa indeed!
  • bakebunny
    bakebunny Posts: 253
    Options
    We could go so far as "soandso burned 95 calories using the pole routine, ceiling swing and handcuffs"... brings us right back to the "strangest things you could buy with condoms" thread?
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I actually asked this question a few weeks ago but never got a reply, I would be a bit discreet about posting my sexual activity so might start posting it under a different name. :P
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc

Was wondering the same thing and came across this.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    Now I'm gonna be wondering if I ever see "so&so burned 100 calories doing exercise including salsa dancing"!!!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options

BWAHAHAHA..."coital gymnastics"....:laugh: