Stretch Marks

Options
Stretch Marks yay or nay, exceptable & okay?????

Replies

• zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    of course they are acceptable, they are a fact of life for me anyways, had 2 kids:drinker:
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    "...We (real men) ain't got no time to be worryin' 'bout ... stretch marks. We know they either came from one of two things: Either you was big and got small...or you was small and got big. Either way, we f***in'. Either way!" - Katt Williams, Comedian (and Man After My Own ♥)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As a woman, and maybe it has something to do with getting older (26), I do not give a damn. I'd rather be skinny and stretch-marked than fat.

:drinker:
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    no problem here!
    i got them bad in my armpits when i was lifting and put on a lot of muscle very fast........they are part of life!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are just scars to remind you. No biggie. They fade as you lose weight into white lines.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Well no-one wants em, but we've got them for life so its best to deal with it, because theres no cure. The red ones fade down to clear ones after half a year anyways. xx
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    "...We (real men) ain't got no time to be worryin' 'bout ... stretch marks. We know they either came from one of two things: Either you was big and got small...or you was small and got big. Either way, we f***in'. Either way!" - Katt Williams, Comedian (and Man After My Own ♥)

As a woman, and maybe it has something to do with getting older (26), I do not give a damn. I'd rather be skinny and stretch-marked than fat.

getting older ......26.... bahahahaha.
  • emmaNEEDSskinny
    Options
    ok i guess but i wish i could get rid of mine im 5'2 and 107lbs
    i have them on my bum i have no idea why!
  • shezzanleigh
    shezzanleigh Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Mine looked like a A to Z map when i was pregnant :laugh: . If someone hasnt got them then id be surprised and say 'arent you the lucky one' :wink:
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options

Well, when I woke up one morning with boobs that had grown over night, i spent my entire teenage years not being able to wear a v-neck or anything remotely lower than a neckline because of severe stretchmarks that lasted ages .... not just older ladies ya know! :tongue:
  • yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options

ahahha i love katt williams! :D
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    some time in that sun fades them nicely.........
  • newman84
    newman84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    my daughter is 4 1/2 and my are not entirely that white and faded. :( But it doesn't help that i'm pale
  • joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I don't respect anyone who says stretch marks are unacceptable.
  • xXxKayleighxXx
    Options
    They aren't something you can control so don't worry about them :)

My body matured practically overnight when i was a teen so i have them on my hips, but they are white/clear and i never notice them. Neither does my boyfriend.

I've worn bikini's in the past and never been conscious of them.

I have a couple of red ones mainly around the bust due to recent size increase and those i don't like so much cos they are more noticeable, but i know they'll fade.

Using bio oil encourages them to fade sooner apparently and i think using a moisturiser in general does help the skin to stretch without "tearing" xx
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have them from being pregnant twice. I wish I could have plastic surgery to get rid of them, but I don't see that happening so I try to forget they are there. I only wear a bathing suit at home so I don't care and if I do go to a public swimming area I just wear a suit that covers more.
  • JCubbins
    JCubbins Posts: 92
    Options
    Everyone has them - even a 16-year-old who is writing that :) Seriously, when I discovered them on my butt I freaked out, but now I don't care - they are my reminders of who I am and what I've been through. And I'm gonna wear a bikini anyway :D
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I hate my stretch marks ! I didn't get them until I hit my 6 month pregnancy with my daughter and then it was like they came out of no where! They make me feel so nasty.... :sad: Any suggestions on how to make me feel better about them?
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    Its your badge of honor for creating life.....don't be ashamed
  • ziggiezed
    ziggiezed Posts: 36
    Options
    Not going to say i hate them because now their apart of me, but wouldn't mind it if i could remove them.
    To me theirs no such thing as perfect body imagery.
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options

getting older ......26.... bahahahaha.

No kidding lol =D.

As for me...stretch marks are...well, no big deal. There's supposedly things you can do to try to minimize them, or make them fade more quickly...and if they work, that's great. If not...oh well. I do admit that it's nice though, when a girl has them and moisturizes regularly in an effort to improve her appearance. That shows self respect, respect for me and my opinion of her (as if they would change it...but still)...and a lack of laziness in caring for her body. Even if they never change in appearance one bit...her efforts make them completely irrelevant. It's a women that just says 'Screw it...I have them, you deal with it!' that's something of a turn off.