Stretch Marks

Options

Replies

• flausa
    flausa Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    There's supposedly things you can do to try to minimize them, or make them fade more quickly...and if they work, that's great. If not...oh well. I do admit that it's nice though, when a girl has them and moisturizes regularly in an effort to improve her appearance. That shows self respect, respect for me and my opinion of her (as if they would change it...but still)...and a lack of laziness in caring for her body. Even if they never change in appearance one bit...her efforts make them completely irrelevant. It's a women that just says 'Screw it...I have them, you deal with it!' that's something of a turn off.

So some women should spend their hard-earned money on products that make promises that they can't keep and you respect that more than the women who wear their scars as badges of honour and refuse to be pulled in by marketing ploys? Talk about an attitude that's a turn off!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    There's supposedly things you can do to try to minimize them, or make them fade more quickly...and if they work, that's great. If not...oh well. I do admit that it's nice though, when a girl has them and moisturizes regularly in an effort to improve her appearance. That shows self respect, respect for me and my opinion of her (as if they would change it...but still)...and a lack of laziness in caring for her body. Even if they never change in appearance one bit...her efforts make them completely irrelevant. It's a women that just says 'Screw it...I have them, you deal with it!' that's something of a turn off.

So some women should spend their hard-earned money on products that make promises that they can't keep and you respect that more than the women who wear their scars as badges of honour and refuse to be pulled in by marketing ploys? Talk about an attitude that's a turn off!

Umm...that's not what I said.

Do you put lotion on your body after a shower? That's moisturizing hun.

I have stretch marks. I use baby oil. I don't like the way they look (on me...oddly enough I never cared on anyone else)...and don't want whoever I'm with to have to look at them. It's as simple as that?
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    Apparently it's easier to fly off the handle at someone after misinterpreting their post...than it is to come back and say 'Ohhh!! I see, my bad....maybe you're not a completely self absorbed *kitten*!'

Ahh well, it's the internet...tough to expect anything less.
  • ajudernatz
    Options
    I had stretch marks when I was a teen because of development and then again after I was pregnant with my son. I ignore the ones from my teen years and call my pregnancy ones "love lines". My son loved me so much from the inside out that he gave me love lines! I cam across this and I couldn't explain the love that i see when I see my stretch marks.

"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me.

It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I had stretch marks when I was a teen because of development and then again after I was pregnant with my son. I ignore the ones from my teen years and call my pregnancy ones "love lines". My son loved me so much from the inside out that he gave me love lines! I cam across this and I couldn't explain the love that i see when I see my stretch marks.

"A mark for every breath you took, every blink, every sleepy yawn. One for every time you sucked your thumb, waved hello, closed your eyes and slept in the most perfect darkness. One for every time you had the hiccups. One for every dream you dreamed within me.

It isn't very pretty anymore. Some may even think it ugly. That's OK. It was your home. It's where I first grew to love you, where I lay my hand as I dreamed about who you were and who you would be. It held you until my arms could, and for that, I will always find something beautiful in it."

That's beautiful...truly.
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    Stretch marks are just scars to remind you. No biggie. They fade as you lose weight into white lines.

Completely agree..just proof of the work you have done :)
  • strohst
    strohst Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WOW!! I've never thought of it that way! THANKS!!!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I've had four kids and they left a lot of stretch marks so it doesn't really matter if I like them or not! They're here! Fortunately my husband doesn't even seem to notice them. I think he's distracted with other things so if he's not worried about them then neither am I. :)
  • rocky282
    rocky282 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

So Beautiful and So appropriate
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    "...We (real men) ain't got no time to be worryin' 'bout ... stretch marks. We know they either came from one of two things: Either you was big and got small...or you was small and got big. Either way, we f***in'. Either way!" - Katt Williams, Comedian (and Man After My Own ♥)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As a woman, and maybe it has something to do with getting older (26), I do not give a damn. I'd rather be skinny and stretch-marked than fat.

:drinker:

LMAO!!!!!!! He cracks me up! Makes me want to go rent that dvd AGAIN haha!!!!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options

Umm...that's not what I said.

Do you put lotion on your body after a shower? That's moisturizing hun.

I have stretch marks. I use baby oil. I don't like the way they look (on me...oddly enough I never cared on anyone else)...and don't want whoever I'm with to have to look at them. It's as simple as that?

I agree, we're just talking lotion here (keeping the skin hydrated does, indeed help) I don't think anyone was requiring anyone to have expensive laser surgery =D annnnd I agree that if you're not making minimal effort to take care of your appearance it can be a turn off - and not just talking about skin and stretch marks - but hair, nails, etc. goes for men too!!! I stand over my husband and make him put his Lancome on his eyes ahhaha, I figure I've gotta look at him until were 100, I want him well preserved ;)
  • EdensMummy
    EdensMummy Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Not that I think there's anything wrong with them, but there are certain oils you can rub into your skin to fade them out a bit. Bio Oil is good...
  • kadins_momma07
    Options
    Its your badge of honor for creating life.....don't be ashamed

You're so right...and I hate women who blame their kid for the stretch marks! It's not the kid's fault you got pregnant! I have a sona dn I do not blame him at all for my body! I don't even mind my stretch marks much anymore, they're pretty much all faded over the 3 1/2 years that I've had them....I'm more self concious about the weight I've put on than the love marks :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have got them, I cant hid them all. I dont really care anymore. I have had them since i was 13 and them more came with having my son 7 years ago. I am more concerned with saggy skin which is side effects of getting the stretched skin I cant get too small or my body will sag. Luckily for me i want to have mass and be strong.
    There isnt any cream that can fix mine since it has been so long. You can buy stuff to prevent it as much as you can and to fade it as much as possible.

btw i rock a bikini whenever i am at the beach or pool i could care less about the stretchmarks.
  • sarabobara99
    Options
    No need to worry about stretch marks,
    sure they are there but really they do become kinda invisible after a while
    also! they do have Bio Oil which is actually really handy to reduce the appearance or them
    but be proud of who you are and what you may come with no matter what ! :)
  • crisanderson27
    Options
    I agree, we're just talking lotion here (keeping the skin hydrated does, indeed help) I don't think anyone was requiring anyone to have expensive laser surgery =D annnnd I agree that if you're not making minimal effort to take care of your appearance it can be a turn off - and not just talking about skin and stretch marks - but hair, nails, etc. goes for men too!!! I stand over my husband and make him put his Lancome on his eyes ahhaha, I figure I've gotta look at him until were 100, I want him well preserved ;)

You're a gem lol, and I agree completely. I would do whatever made my wife (if I had one) happy as far as my appearance went. SHE'S the one the one that has to look at me, you know??
    Not that I think there's anything wrong with them, but there are certain oils you can rub into your skin to fade them out a bit. Bio Oil is good...

This is what I mean exactly. There IS nothing wrong with them...but to have the sense of self, and the respect for your partner to do small things that might help their appearance (even if he's like me and doesn't really care what they look like) shows them that you value their opinion and want to look your best for them. THAT is attractive in and of itself. That makes any 'appearance' flaw completely irrelevant, even if nothing else did.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Its your badge of honor for creating life.....don't be ashamed

You're so right...and I hate women who blame their kid for the stretch marks! It's not the kid's fault you got pregnant! I have a sona dn I do not blame him at all for my body! I don't even mind my stretch marks much anymore, they're pretty much all faded over the 3 1/2 years that I've had them....I'm more self concious about the weight I've put on than the love marks :)

I totally blame my boys. they were little christmas hams weighing in at over 9 pounds each =D the kids say, "I don't wanna go to bed" or "I don't wanna eat my vegetables" and I would just say "well I don't want stretch marks, so I guess we're even!"
  • kadins_momma07
    Options

I love that :)
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    ok i guess but i wish i could get rid of mine im 5'2 and 107lbs
    i have them on my bum i have no idea why!

Try Vitamin E. Buy the liquid gel caps that are for taking orally and break them open and spread it on :)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    When my girls were younger, and one of them got mouthy, saying "WHY do we have to listen to you ANYHOW?"
    Without missing a beat, I pulled my waist band down and said, "You see these marks? THESE are my badge of authority!"

Both grown, married and moms themselves- they now possess these badges themselves- and laugh every time they look at their own- recalling that day- and knowing one day they'll get to use the same line on THEIR kids.