Does MFP have treadmill walking/jogging

Options
I can seem to find it. All I found is walking but not on a treadmill. How would you log it?

Also when I ride my stationary bike, the calories burned displayed is so different than when I log on MFP how do I know which calories is correct and how do you know what calories to eat?

Replies

• GaoLee
    GaoLee Posts: 65
    Options
    I can seem to find it. All I found is walking but not on a treadmill. How would you log it?

Also when I ride my stationary bike, the calories burned displayed is so different than when I log on MFP how do I know which calories is correct and how do you know what calories to eat?
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I do the treadmill everyday as well. I found it under Stair-treadmill ergometer, general or that is at least what I use. I always put the calories that the treadmill says not the mfp site. I walk at an incline so it's more anyway. I figure the machine must be more right because it knows the exact speed and incline and mfp doesn't ask for that. Hopefully this helps.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    It says "walking" and what speed like 2, 3.5 or 5. And whatever you were doing on the treadmill you'd enter in on MFP.

Use the calories the machines says.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I have a Bow Flex TreadClimber which is not listed so, what I did was add it under "exercise not listed". I used it for five minutes and added that as my baseline. Now when I use it all I have to do is change the minutes and the calories are automatically updated. It's pretty accurate, maybe off by at the most 5 calories. Hope that helps.
  • Vans
    Vans Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I invested in a heart rate monitor!!

I have had mine for at least 2 months now and my calories are very diffrent from the MFP numbers.....as well as the one on the machine itself.

also most machines can pick up your heart rate monitor and will display what your watch is also displaying!! I was surprised to find that one out!!:flowerforyou:
  • itzcool4me
    Options
    When you do any machine that tells you how many calories, make sure you put in your age and weight. Most machines are defaulted for a 150 lb. man. Although there's no choice for male/female, your weight will make a difference with how many calories you burn.

For the treadmill I always put in what it says for my age/weight. For regular walking outside I usually log "Walking, 2.5mph" or whatever (usually between 2-3 depending on how fast I'm walking that day). :smile: