Sweets

Options
I'm giving up sweets until Thanksgiving!!!

Replies

• areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
  • clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: You can do it:flowerforyou: I admire you!
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    You are a better woman than I. With Halloween & 2 boys T or T'ing, it is going to be survival mode around here to keep me OUT of the sweets! Best of luck & I'll use you as inspiration in my "stay out of the loot" plan. :happy:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Ooooohhhhh-- that's a great idea. I'm in-- especially with Halloween around the corner, this will really help.

Great idea-- !!!
  • areay
    Options
    That's why I have to do it. If I let myself just be like, oh you can just have that one piece, it turns into 20!:laugh:
  • areay
    Options
    You can do it! We all can!!!
  • Marla64
    Options

Yes we can!!

HalloweenCandyGuildLayout-1.jpg
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Those fun sized things are the worst b/c in my head, I'm thinking, "it is so tiny, it won't do any damage." Riiight. Then after I've ate half the bag, I look at the calories.:noway: We'll see how I do. Good idea for a self-challenge!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Well, if Marla's going to do it, I'm going to give it a shot, too. She has more kids out trick or treating than I do!

Do your kids Trick or Treat, Marla? Now that I've gone & assumed that they do. LOL
  • Marla64
    Options
    Well, if Marla's going to do it, I'm going to give it a shot, too. She has more kids out trick or treating than I do!

Do your kids Trick or Treat, Marla? Now that I've gone & assumed that they do. LOL

Yes, Ma'am.

We stay away from the real scary costumes-- but, I'll have Little Red Riding Hood, Wendy the Witch and a couple more out there this year.

This will help me so much!!!!
  • areay
    Options
    Yeah, I'm really excited about this!!!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Yeah, I'm really excited about this!!!!

Me too!!!

Thanks so much!!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'll join this challenge. The only lucky thing about me is that we live on a mountain so we never have trick or treaters here but I will take my boys out. I have a Commander Rex and Darth Vader both from Star Wars and then a little 15 mth old bee. She cant eat the candy though although she does seem to like lollipops.

Connie
  • josie1557
    Options
    Wow, that's going to be a tough one! I can do it for a couple of days, but a whole month is probably beyond me! Would sugar free jello be considered cheating??
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    We don't do the scary costumes either, Marla. My 3yo is a pengin, my nearly 2yo is a chicken & the boys wanted our 6month old to be a turtle. :laugh: If I was to dress up, I'd be a zoo keeper. LOL

This is really going to be good. My dh is already annoyed with me that I don't have Halloween candy in the house yet so he's really going to be out of luck. HA!

That's a good question about the sugar free jello. What's everyone's take on that?
  • Marla64
    Options
    We don't do the scary costumes either, Marla. My 3yo is a pengin, my nearly 2yo is a chicken & the boys wanted our 6month old to be a turtle. :laugh: If I was to dress up, I'd be a zoo keeper. LOL

This is really going to be good. My dh is already annoyed with me that I don't have Halloween candy in the house yet so he's really going to be out of luck. HA!

That's a good question about the sugar free jello. What's everyone's take on that?

I wouldn't count that cheating-- I'm wondering, though, about the can of Coke I just had-- :embarassed: I'm trying to stay awake while I type for work, and I decided to schedule it into my calories and eat less supper to have the Coke-- I drank it all down and then thought-- yipes!!!!!!!

However, when I thought "sweets" I thought of yummy, ooey, gooeys.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Yes we can!!

HalloweenCandyGuildLayout-1.jpg

I can resist except for that Reese's cup on top. I LOVE those! I haven't opened any of the bags of candy I've bought because I know if the bag is opened, I won't be able to only have one. I'm planning on taking 1 or 2 pb cups out for me on Halloween and that's it. There are a lot of kids around here so I know everything else I bought will be gone.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I could eat every last single piece of candy in that shot of Marla's. I'm such a candy junky & since I started my new "lifestyle," I've all but cut it out. I miss my weekly grocery store candy bar the most....but I will live & I will participate in this challenge...starting tomorrow! LOL I completely forgot when i went to my mom & dad's & immediatly ate a giant sugar cookie when I got there. What is wrong with me?!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I could eat every last single piece of candy in that shot of Marla's. I'm such a candy junky & since I started my new "lifestyle," I've all but cut it out. I miss my weekly grocery store candy bar the most....but I will live & I will participate in this challenge...starting tomorrow! LOL I completely forgot when i went to my mom & dad's & immediatly ate a giant sugar cookie when I got there. What is wrong with me?!

Oh, yeah-- and then some-- I could polish this off without a thought-- big time chocolate lover.

Hubby bought me a Valentine Heart one year full of chocolates (icky ones, really, not even the "good" Russell Stover's or that kind--) However, he went upstairs while I watched "Thirtysomething--" tells you how long ago-- he came down after it was over and reached for a piece of chocolate-- it was gone, gone, gone.
  • Marla64
    Options
    How stupid am I????????? I let my kids make brownies-- the house smells incredible, the brownies look delicious-- and I can't have one until #$@! Thanksgiving.

gaah.gif