Sweets

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Orthodox style Christian here. Which means, before Christmas and Easter, about 40 days of vegan food. Christmas fasting is easier, though, cos we can have fish on weekends - yeay!

Feel free to ask more, I know orthodoxy isn't popular/well known in western Europe and in the States.

Out for a jog now. I love you people! Marla, your kids are lucky to have a mum like you! Sara, that's great! Doesn't polishing the apple crisp increase your self esteem? :wink: Keep up the good work, ladies! I look up to you, just know that! :flowerforyou:

Well, you're sweet to say it, but I'm not so sure-- sometimes I feel like a dreadful flop in the motherhood department-- "Lord, you called the WRONNNNNG woman to be the mother of 9."

Bless you for all your kind words-- hope you had a lovely jog. I'm debating whether to jog tonight in the rain (not something I'm particularly fond of-- ) 30 Day Shred, or 45 minute Step Aerobics-- decisions, decisions--

Oh-- and PS-- these rotten kids of mine baked brownies again today because we were having visitors-- swear1.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Oh-- and PS-- these rotten kids of mine baked brownies again today because we were having visitors-- swear1.gif
    OMG!!!!!:grumble: :grumble: :huh: :noway: :wink: just being silly Marla...but loved the lil curse .gif you found....I stole it of course and will save it for just the right email one day:bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Options

OMG!!!!!:grumble: :grumble: :huh: :noway: :wink: just being silly Marla...but loved the lil curse .gif you found....I stole it of course and will save it for just the right email one day:bigsmile:

Okay-- question-- how and where do you save them? And then how do you use them? I to to the website every time.
  • Marla64
    Options

Okay-- question-- how and where do you save them? And then how do you use them? I go to the website every time.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Just know I'm watching all of you, thinking perhaps I can do this too.....pondering...pondering...hmmmmmm.... you all seem to be having an awful lot of fun for folks not eating sweets...:huh:

So are you able to eat like sugar free puddings, jello and things that way....what are your rules you strange sweet free people??:ohwell:

I do need my dark chocolate at my PMS time but I might be able to switch things up a bit and not eat my square.....maybe I can try something different to stay sane instead..........

pondering....still watching you all....and you all seem to be pretty normal in here...hmnmmmm
    :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: YAYAY for all of you being so strong and sticking to your convictions:tongue:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

Okay-- question-- how and where do you save them? And then how do you use them? I go to the website every time.

I use photobucket and store them in there. If I want to use one while I'm writing an email I have them saved in 'my documents and I use outlook express and click on 'insert' and it places the .gif whereever I have my cursor placed in the email......

I have TONS of them in my documents in OE and I store them in categories under, things like hugs or hearts, or things like that are listed under Love, ya know ya just categorize them according to something you'll recall when you have more than a billion of them...can I find them each time I want a particular one? OH HECK NO....but for the most part I can do a pretty good job remembering where one is in particular....

because I have my favorites for certain folks I email......:drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I think we'll be fine with the "sugar free" stuff. What's a little aspartame between friends? :wink: I'm trying to stay away from that stuff, too b/c once i have the sugar free chocolate pudding, I want to eat some REAL chocolate.

If "fun" = "mildly insane" then yes! I think we're fun people. :laugh: I'm still not telling people that I'm doing this b/c I know my family & someone would be handing me a cookie in a second & saying, "oh, that's right...you can't have it!" Where as if I just say, "no thank you" they assume it is b/c of the "diet" that I'm on & will leave me alone...for the most part. :grumble: At least I don't have Marla's kids over here pretending they own a bakery! Geeze, kids!

Thanks for explaining the fasting! I had never heard of that before! I admire people like you being able to do fasts like that. I'm a grazer by nature so the fasting thing would be the death of me.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just know I'm watching all of you, thinking perhaps I can do this too.....pondering...pondering...hmmmmmm.... you all seem to be having an awful lot of fun for folks not eating sweets...:huh:

So are you able to eat like sugar free puddings, jello and things that way....what are you rules you strange sweet free people??:ohwell:

I do need my dark chocolate at my PMS time but I might be able to switch things up a bit and not eat my square.....maybe I can try something different to stay sane instead..........

pondering....still watching you all....and you all seem to be pretty normal in here...hmnmmmm
    :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: YAYAY for all of you being so strong and sticking to your convictions:tongue:

(Boy, is SHE ever a bad judge of character! Normal? Me? Puh. :tongue: )

I don't do the sugar free stuff anyway-- so, I'm basically referring to candies, desserts, doughnuts-- that jazz.

If I did do the sugar free stuff, I personally wouldn't consider that a "sweet" that I couldn't have.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Marla,
    If you want to store some that you've come to really like and find yourself using alot you can open an account free at PhotoBucket.com

You can find tons of them there as well....and save them. You can save them from anyones post in any of these threads in photobucket. Then when you want to use one you can click on photobucket (I keep a shortcut on my desktop) and you then click on where it says. 'message board IMG'....and you right click it copies to your clipboard and that's all there is too it!

You then are done with photobucket for the time being and come back to your post or comment section on MFP and place your cursor there and click paste. Then as we've learned you change the caps to lower case on the imgs.

Make sense?:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

So are you able to eat like sugar free puddings, jello and things that way....what are you rules you strange sweet free people??:ohwell:

I don't do the sugar free stuff anyway-- so, I'm basically referring to candies, desserts, doughnuts-- that jazz.

If I did do the sugar free stuff, I personally wouldn't consider that a "sweet" that I couldn't have.

What's odd is I don't do the sugar free stuff either....so why I brought it up I have no clue..... lol
    :huh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla,
    If you want to store some that you've come to really like and find yourself using alot you can open an account free at PhotoBucket.com

You can find tons of them there as well....and save them. You can save them from anyones post in any of these threads in photobucket. Then when you want to use one you can click on photobucket (I keep a shortcut on my desktop) and you then click on where it says. 'message board IMG'....and you right click it copies to your clipboard and that's all there is too it!

You then are done with photobucket for the time being and come back to your post or comment section on MFP and place your cursor there and click paste. Then as we've learned you change the caps to lower case on the imgs.

Yep-- got it for the most part!! thankyou.gif
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I think we'll be fine with the "sugar free" stuff. What's a little aspartame between friends? :wink: I'm trying to stay away from that stuff, too b/c once i have the sugar free chocolate pudding, I want to eat some REAL chocolate.

If "fun" = "mildly insane" then yes! I think we're fun people. :laugh: I'm still not telling people that I'm doing this b/c I know my family & someone would be handing me a cookie in a second & saying, "oh, that's right...you can't have it!" Where as if I just say, "no thank you" they assume it is b/c of the "diet" that I'm on & will leave me alone...for the most part. :grumble: At least I don't have Marla's kids over here pretending they own a bakery! Geeze, kids!

Thanks for explaining the fasting! I had never heard of that before! I admire people like you being able to do fasts like that. I'm a grazer by nature so the fasting thing would be the death of me.

Owning a bakery.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: too funny 3 bean!! too funny:laugh: :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

What's odd is I don't do the sugar free stuff either....so why I brought it up I have no clue..... lol
    :huh:

297.gif306.gif
  • Marla64
    Options

Owning a bakery.....:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: too funny 3 bean!! too funny:laugh: :laugh:

:bigsmile:

Funny ladies!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Marla,

Oh thank you for the flowers....I'll steal that, er um, I mean thank you I"ll save that and use it for someone that is deserving of it...lol
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla,

Oh thank you for the flowers....I'll steal that, er um, I mean thank you I"ll save that and use it for someone that is deserving of it...lol

I'll save you the guilt, you klepto-- here's the website-- :laugh:

http://pic4ever.com/index.htm

:wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    That's something I've been wondering, too. Thanks for that! It has been awhile since i've been "active" on a chat board. The last time was when I was trying to get pregnant with my first & I've forgot most of the "how to's" of stuff. Thank you again, ladies!
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options

Well... :blushing: it's all a matter of mindset. I'm not a good dieter, I mean, I was never able to diet too long on a strict diet (don't put anything in my mouth after 6pm or restrict myself completely from some types of food or eat only some foods from a list :sick: ).

But when it comes to fasting... there's Someone else out there giving me the strength :wink: . Honestly, I find it hard to explain why and how it works. So... don't give me any credit for it, really. You guys giving up sweets are worth much more admiration! :flowerforyou:

Have a blessed Sunday, everyone!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I'm giving up sweets until Thanksgiving!!!

Go for it!! Good luck
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Must...be....strong....husband bought ALMOND JOYS! Jerk. How's everyone doing?