Girls in their 20's

Options
Hi everyone,
I was thinking that I should start a topic group for girls in their 20's. I feel like this is a tough time in our lives and we feel a lot of pressure to be super skinny. I think it would be nice to stick together to help motivate ourselves.
Starting weight: 160
Goal weight: 135

Replies

• Dupes119
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I was thinking that I should start a topic group for girls in their 20's. I feel like this is a tough time in our lives and we feel a lot of pressure to be super skinny. I think it would be nice to stick together to help motivate ourselves.
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm down for that...

I am 24...
    starting weight still too ashamed to admit...however I have lost 23 pounds since August

great idea!
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, and definitely in.

Starting over weight: 135
    Goal: 125

Yes, I'm short. :P
  • mstoni04
    Options
    Good idea...

I'm 22. You know your metabolism starts to suck around 20. Staring weight 190 presently 185.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, but I have 3 kids...does the addition of the 3 kids push me into my 30s? LOL I think it is a great idea!

Mufasa! You have nothing to be ashamed of! You've lost 23#, girl! That is a huge accomplishment!

Starting weight = 196 in June
    Current Weight = 166 (woo hoo for the 30#!)
    Goal Weight = 145...we shall see

I'm still nursing my daughter so my body seems to be revolting at the moment. Hopefully it'll kick back into gear & start sheding the weight again!
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I completely agree...I'm 23 and am constantly overwhelmed by what we're "supposed" to look like in our 20's.

Starting Weight: 163 :(
    Goal Weight: 135-140
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    It's not until the 30's the women's metabolism really starts to slow.

Sure, the 20's are hard (but what phase of life isn't?)... I'm almost through them now... but they've been GREAT years and I've accomplished a lot. So, don't let others' opinions of you weigh you down.. do things for YOURSELF to make YOU happy.
    I also don't think there is any pressure to be "super skinny"... the feeling of pressure is something that we create based on how we react to what society throws at us... if you aren't receptive to it, then you won't let it bother you.

I advise those in their early to mid 20's to really stop caring what people think. Live for yourself. Be caring and confident. Live life to the fullest... and go after your goals. You'll be surprised what you can accomplish.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

i completely agree that people our age have a lot of pressure put on them when it comes to being super skinny.

iam 22 going on 23 in Nov :happy:

strating weight 230 :ohwell:

current 217

goal weight 115, i iam only 4 '11
  • aliciavasq
    Options
    Sound great to me too, im 24.
    Starting weight - 165
    Goal weight - 120

...im only 5'1" :blushing:
  • Galub1882
    Options
    grrrrt topic

starting weight:190 lbs
    current weight: 165lbs
    Goal for the end of the year: 155lbs
    Ultimate goal weight: 140 lbs

oh i almost forgot, i'm 26yo and 5'5"

23123.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pinkyjane48
    Options
    Im 24 and Im totally in! I am so tired of feeling TIRED and heavy.

starting weight :141 (well If we are starting from when I actually began dieting in July, it was 154)
    Current weight :141
    Goal weight :130 (I can live with 135, but I really want to tone up)
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Ok so if everyone else can put it out there so can I.....I admire you guys...and you have inspired me to be courageous!

Thanks! :flowerforyou:

Starting Weight before MFP 247 (August 20th...I went to the Dr :grumble: )
    Starting Weight with MFP 242 (September)
    Current weight 223
    Goal 195 (possible 185 just depends lol)

Age 24
    Height 5'11 and some extra...basically just shy of 6'
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i feel so short ........ :blushing:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    30's have way more pressure than 20's. You guys just wait.
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great topic and I'm in. I am 23 soon to be 24 come December and I have 2 girls.
    Starting weight 158.5
    Starting weight with MFP 153.4
    Current weight 150.4
    Goal weight 115
    Height 5'1
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...

Back in 2004 at the age of 24 I started my fitness journey.

Start weight: 182
    Current weight: 153
    Goal weight: 140 (give or take... more interested in a body fat % goal than a scale goal).

I was down to 145 at one point, but even with going back up to 153 I wear the same clothes... so I attribute it to muscle gain. My main goal is to just shape my body a little more and get stronger... I'm not too worried about what the scale is telling me.

I'm currently 28... so the 20's are almost gone, but I'm proud of everything I've accomplished :)
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    You know your metabolism starts to suck around 20.

Is it because the drinking?:tongue: It is for me!! turned 21 and the metabolism gave up the ghost!:wink:

I"m in. I'm 23 and struggeling to find other ways to relieve stress and exhaustion brought on by boredom and the hubby's new night shift.:ohwell:

Right now, I couldn't tell ya what I actually weigh, thanks to that great Aunt we all get once a month...:grumble:

But, the last weigh in I had, I was 181. My goal overall is to be 140. My mini goal by the end of the Biggest Weight Loser Challenge we have going on here (Go Purple!:drinker: ) is to be around 165. December 1st. Ugh.

O, and I'm 5'8. lol.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Oh yes...

Back in 2004 at the age of 24 I started my fitness journey.

Start weight: 182
    Current weight: 153
    Goal weight: 140 (give or take... more interested in a body fat % goal than a scale goal).

I was down to 145 at one point, but even with going back up to 153 I wear the same clothes... so I attribute it to muscle gain. My main goal is to just shape my body a little more and get stronger... I'm not too worried about what the scale is telling me.

I'm currently 28... so the 20's are almost gone, but I'm proud of everything I've accomplished :)

You have so inspired me.....:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    27 years old
    5'4''
    Currently 163lbs, or thereabouts
    Goal weight: 138lbs, or thereabouts

Felt like I was in my 60s at 25 with one baby and a whole lot of extra weight. Started losing. Down 42-ish lbs and finally am starting to feel young again!
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    i feel so short ........ :blushing:

I'm right there with you. I am bearly 5'1 and it is so hard to keep your weight were it's suppose to be. My weight range for my height is between 97lbs and 132lbs. So I figure 115 is like right there in between. It's harder for those of us who are short in my opinion :grumble: