Girls in their 20's

Options

Replies

• disobedientmeek
    Options
    sure!!
    there is no way i could be your weight by xmas lol
    It would be a dream come true
    im hoping to at least lose 10kgs [i think if i set myself a low goal i have better chance of completing it]
    If i lose any at all..
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    It is hard but u feel good after you do the right thing
    Im happier after a good day of not eating crap than after ive hogged down a burger
  • irreligiouspiety07
    Options
    im 19.

uhg. i lose.
    :)
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It is hard but u feel good after you do the right thing
    Im happier after a good day of not eating crap than after ive hogged down a burger

Yes. I agree. Good (and lighter) when I eat better. :blushing:
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    I did so bad today :sad:
    I had no brecky no greens and no dairy
    I ate grilled fish and chips for lunch
    and i had about 8-10 jim beams and coke zero [do u know how many calories are in jimbeam? I thought it was the coke that made me fat..obviously not..]
    looks like I binge on more than just food...:sad:
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    and i had about 8-10 jim beams and coke zero [do u know how many calories are in jimbeam? I thought it was the coke that made me fat..obviously not..]

I definitely binged on "not food" last night and I feel like crappola today!:ohwell: I am SO hungover, so I hear ya sister.

ps what's brecky?
  • disobedientmeek
    Options

I definitely binged on "not food" last night and I feel like crappola today!:ohwell: I am SO hungover, so I hear ya sister.

ps what's brecky?

brecky is breakfast
    [aussie slang]

please do not mention the 'h' word [hangover] because i am not going to get one :embarassed:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

ps what's brecky?

That's what put me off alcohol completely. I never drink (the last time was on my 21st back in the first week of March), so even just a little bit goes a long way, and my 'hangovers' usually start 4 hours after I've stopped drinking and last all day. :sick: I hate throwing up and feeling too yucky to exercise, so that problem really solved itself. When you make exercise a priority, things that get in the way (like binging and feeling yucky, or drinking too much) are generally put on the back burner and it becomes habit to *not* do them. :flowerforyou:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Im in I am 25 year old female-

Current weight 187 (cant believe I just advertised that on the internet:noway: ) but what the hell I was actually 215 long ago and lost that

My goal weight currently is 145 or whatever weight in between that I like and feel comfortable at

I want to shed this weight before my 30's cause thats when a females metabolism starts slowing down so I want to get a hold on my weight so Im not struggling- I already had my kids I have 2 little girls and now Im trying to get my body back as close as possible then seal the deal with a full out mommy makeover so when I am in my late 30's.

I dont feel that being in your 20's you have pressure to be skinny that I feel happens when you are in your teens which then most of us didnt have to worry about I feel life takes over relationships make you happy or sad or just comfortable - its cheaper and convienant to eat junk rather than sit down and have a real meal-
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    That's what put me off alcohol completely. I never drink (the last time was on my 21st back in the first week of March), so even just a little bit goes a long way, and my 'hangovers' usually start 4 hours after I've stopped drinking and last all day. :sick: I hate throwing up and feeling too yucky to exercise, so that problem really solved itself. When you make exercise a priority, things that get in the way (like binging and feeling yucky, or drinking too much) are generally put on the back burner and it becomes habit to *not* do them. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]

I havent had a drink for a few months because of the same reason
    but yesterday I just had a few then a few more and it got out of control [now im paying for it 100%] :frown: :sick: :cry: :grumble:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    i still drink but in moderation- thats part of the reason that I gained 9lbs when my guy came home we were going out all the time and eating out drinking and holy crap the weight crept on me fast good thing im a scale junky cause i caught it before it was 15lbs
  • disobedientmeek
    Options
    im never drinking again
    dont know why i do it to myself
    ill have a few then BAM its too late and im waking up with a hangover
    such a stupid thing to do esp after being so good going without for so long:mad:
  • TMuraoka
    Options
    Wonderful Idea! its great to hear Im not alone. Im 23, Married, going to graduate school, and working 40 hours a week.....not a whole lot of time to work on my ambercrombi figure if you catch my drift. Just started last week starting weight 170 goal weight 155......let hope huh :)
  • Mimiche
    Mimiche Posts: 60
    Options
    I'm 19 but turning 20 in a few monthes, and I want to make sure I spend my twenties healthy! And set good life style habits for my thirties on!

I'm 5'3"
    Starting weight without MFP: 150 lbs
    Starting weight with MFP: 130 Lbs
    Current:110 lbs.
    Goal: To tone up, but stay healthy!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals.. Since your all young. I was juist wondering if any of you have any Size 10,12, or 14's WINTER CLOTHES PROFERABLY... I am trying to lose more weight but no clothes to wear if I do lose the weight. PLEASE LET MEKNOW. Im 5'6 5'7 190pounds i like low rise jeans and any L or XL tops will do. Like I said mainly winter is what I need but if you have summer clothes I can save them toO! hehe
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals.. Since your all young. I was juist wondering if any of you have any Size 10,12, or 14's WINTER CLOTHES PROFERABLY... I am trying to lose more weight but no clothes to wear if I do lose the weight. PLEASE LET MEKNOW. Im 5'6 5'7 190pounds i like low rise jeans and any L or XL tops will do. Like I said mainly winter is what I need but if you have summer clothes I can save them toO! hehe

Yeah, I have a lot of 10/12 winter clothes...Oh wait, I'm wearing them! Ehhh...The SECOND I get out of them and into my 8's I'll send them your way! :bigsmile:
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is most people's vice... if you can cut it out (or drastically minimize it) you'll be surprised how many calories you can save :)
  • Vanessa414
    Options
    WTG, Mufasa! :flowerforyou:

There's a lot more girls in their 20s on here than I realized. I see there's a couple of us "mom" types on here, too. :wink:

I don't think my metabolism slowed down until after I had my first baby. Things get interesting after you make a person. :grumble:

Haha!

i have to agree with you there.

I'm in... I'm 21 I have a 1 & 1/2 year old, I'm starting out at 199, want to get down to 135.... I'm 5'6".... And.. yah!
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    im never drinking again
    dont know why i do it to myself
    ill have a few then BAM its too late and im waking up with a hangover
    such a stupid thing to do esp after being so good going without for so long:mad:

How are you doing today?

I've had a problem maintaining...I mean eating ALL my allotted calories.

UGH! But I am getting my work out in tonight!
  • kristineh86
    Options
    Great Idea!

Starting weight: 168
    Goal Weight: 125
    Current weight: 117

I'm on maintenance but love this website!

Oh and i'm 22 and 5'4"