Fruit sugar?

Options
13»

Replies

• LimeyTart
    LimeyTart Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I find this topic so worrying. I eat a lot of fruit. I have no idea what to replace it with if I am over on sugar.

The body needs 5+ portions of fruit and veg a day if most sources are to be believed. I'm not a big veg lover at all, other than carrots which aren't very low in sugar either.

I tend to go by the premise that if I'm going to be eating fewer than 1200 calories a day I shouldn't be able to gain weight, even if I do eat a lot of fruit.

I eat a lot of fruit, too. A lot. Most days, I have at least 8 servings, but generally 10-12. I don't even have sugar showing on my diary because I just don't care.
  • NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    The benefits of fruit far outweigh the sugar content. With those sugars, you are getting fiber (especially with watermelon; eat all of that you want to decrease bloating) and all the nutrients the fruit provides.

I agree. I've actually lost more weight by eating more fruits and vegetables than I ever did before. My diet is more natural than most. Everything from scratch.

One should be concerned about the packaged food, refined sugars than fruit.

I find it strange that in the health industry, some are spouting that fruit is bad. Really? God's natural goodness is detrimental to my health vs....Sweet'n'Low? I'll take nature.
  • ct320
    ct320 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    what a contraversial subject:laugh:

did u also know some fruits are actually minus calorie content (meaning they take more calories to digest than they contain) maybe an idea for people who do count sugar in fruit to look them up might be helpful to know which these are :smile:

Controversial is right! Carbs vs Fat & Protein is the equivalent of talking about abortion, politics, and religion around here. People go nuts. :noway:
    knew id spelt it wrong haha :wink:
    i know im having to be careful what i say as i dont want to offend anybody but the benefits of fruit to me are much more beneficial than not eating any and i dont think its necessary to cut any out aslong as you are in calorie limits:indifferent: but there are so many conflicting opinions to know what is right everything in moderation i suppose :smile:
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Choosing among fruits that have lower GI's seems reasonable.

A lot of the silliness regarding fruit and the fear-mongering regarding fructose was started a long time ago by John Parillo. Start a rumor and repeat it often enough and it will take on a life of its own.
  • NuevaNatalia
    NuevaNatalia Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ever know anyone to become morbidly obese because he or she ate too many strawberries?

I dont know the facts, but strawberries/blueberries and fruit really kicked off my weight loss last year, esp in the summer, along with canteloupe and other fruits and berries

Hahaha. That's what I'm talking about!