dealing with your other half who eats like a pig

Options
2»

Replies

• Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    He may not need to change his habits, but he needs to be supportive of what you are trying to accomplish. And, honestly, that eating is going to catch up with him one day.

So, being supportive in this case would mean, what? Umm... changing his habits?

I'm sorry here, I am, but every time I read a thread like this... it...

Everyone here has got to get to the point where they can say no to tempting food. If they do not, food will always be an issue.

What does everyone do, avoid parties and get togethers with friends because food will be there?

This weekend I went to a party. There was a lot of ridiculously wonderful food... that I couldn't really track. Small portions. Didn't load my plate. but ate until I was comfortably full. Skipped on deserts because I was already full and I know that pumpkin cheesecake and flaky, wonderful blueberry pie would definitely put me over.

EDIT: It's really not that bad.

If there was a like button, I would have used it here. Someone needs to be the stronger person.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I'm in a little bit of a similar situation. Kinda.

My boyfriend eats the healthy dinners that I make. Heck, sometimes he even cooks some amazing things too. He started exercising with me ... but that lasted 2 days. Oh well. We went grocery shopping last night. I was putting veggies and healthier items in the cart. He was doing that too, but he also got sodas, cakes, sugary cereal, ice cream, etc. It's not the end of the world for my will power or my dietary changes.

Does it suck that I see those pecan spins every time I open the cabinet? You bet it does! But ya know what? I'm stronger than a snack cake. I'm bigger than a soda. And I'm worth more than a half gallon of ice cream.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Its not so much the fact he eats it in front of me, its the fact he practically rubs it in my face. Saying things like "oh this is so good" or "ahh that aint enough for me, I want more" etc. He is as skinny as a rake, never puts on weight despite what he eats.

I couldn't care less if he ate junk all day, all that sugar aint gonna do him no good regardless of whether he's skinny or not, its just the fact he likes to rub it in.

He bought a massive packet of crisps earlier, afterward saying "I'm gonna eat that whole bag" and I'm like "yeah, you do that". He doesn't just eat a lot now and then, he eats all the time, akways rubbing it in.

Its the rubbing in I can't handle, I have willpower and I don't give into temptation but I wish he would stop with his rubbing my face right in it. He might as well rubbed that kebab in my face literally and said "no you aint having any!"

In that case, F 'em. If your home is big enough, go into another room when he starts acting like a punk. Physically remove yourself from his presence. If he doesn't take the hint that you don't want to be around that kind of jerky behavior, then spell it out for him. If that doesn't work, kick him to the curb. There are plenty of other boyfriends out there. There's only one YOU!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    My honey is very slim and has the fastest metabolism EVER!!! So he has to try as hard to gain weight as I have to lose it. Try that one. Sit next to someone eating everything but the kitchen sink and seeing the weight NOT STICK!! LOL

I dont mind it. I know his goals are diff. than mine and that means that we wont have the same stuff. My fam ate pizza the other night, that HAD to be the BEST PIZZA THAT I'VE EVER SEEN!! My mouth is literally salivating RIGHT NOW!!

I made a meal that was so delicious, so decadent and so healthy that I didnt care much how good that pizza must taste. I was uber proud of me for enjoying foods that were in line with my goals. So instead of just feeling stuffed, satisfied and guilty (as I wouldve felt had I eaten pizza), I felt proud, accomplished and still very satisfied!! yum!

I'd recommend getting creative with your meals. When my fam has hamburgers, I have turkey burgers w/lots of added veggies and intense seasonings! :) When they have steak, I have grilled chicken or fish with the same sides as they have.

Just dont look at his food as 'good'. Its not...for you! :) Good luck!
  • MsKeelah919
    Options
    I just realized that sometimes my honey REALLLY enjoys his food enough that he makes comments and moans as well!! LOL

When he REALLY likes the cookies, chips, pop, whatever he's eating, I tend to tell him how much I REALLLY love my yogurt and strawberries, or how good I feel eating whatever it is I'm having.

We both LOVE food. Since I've changed my goals, I just now enjoy healthier versions!! And I enjoy eating just as much as I always have. Just now, when I enjoy my food, I know that I'm still losing weight and inches!! How awesome is THAT??
  • MsKeelah919
    Options
    This is how I started dealing with this situation myself. I started making my super healthy meals look as amazing as possible. I put lots of effort into it and when I would look at what he was eating, it didn't even compare to mine! Eventually he started asking me to make the same thing for him. It takes time, but eventually he came around!

I agree with this! I LOVE presentation of food, and aromas and depth of flavor and texture. He ALWAYS comments on how good my food looks/smells. Most times, he even asks for a taste and enjoys it immensely!!

All food can be good food!! :)