Off for my first 100 mile ride!

Options

Replies

• OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ...So, until I reach my goal, I'm going to cut back on the cycling to a more "casual" type riding (meaning 40-50 miles a week and less in during cold weather!) and spend some time doing other forms of light cardio exercise.

I told my DH I'm even thinking of taking swim lessons at the gym--maybe! It'd be cool to do a Triathlon all on my own next year! tongue
    You GO for it!! Seriously! I know you can do it!
    I've been burning up like 4,000 to 10,000 or more calories a week cycling and plan to cut back to around 300-800 calories burned per day exercising.
    That's just CRAZY! An awesome day at the gym for me only burns 800 calories for me...and then I have hard time eating them.

You are Super-Woman! 100 miles?! I can't even imagine doing something like that! :noway: Thanks so much for sharing the photos too. You look FANTASTIC! If it were pics of me, they'd show me being placed on a stretcher and lifted into an ambulance. :laugh:
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You did an AMAZING job!!! :wink:
  • ce_fit
    ce_fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Way to go Shorerider. I am going to have to wait until next year to do my first century. That is truly fantastic!!! Hope you slept well afterwards!!! :drinker:
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Wow, Shorerider ... you are AMAZING, woman!!! What an inspiration you are to us all! Thanks for the great pictures and for the great example!!!

36_1_75.gif36_1_75.gif36_1_75.gif
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Thanks again to everyone for your wonderful comments! love0059.gif

I went to bed at 6:45! The Amazing-growing-bigger-every-day-puppy Geraldine woke me up at 3:3am wanting to go out, and now I can't go back to sleep.

Amazingly, my legs aren't too sore this morning! I didn't think I'd be able to move but they're not too bad at all. I will definitely NOT be exercising today though! :noway:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm back! took 7 hours and I did 100.5 miles. Windy the whole day! Constant 8 mph wind with gusts to 15 and never got above 58 degrees. But i toughed it out so now I can say I've done a Century! Photos to follow but right now I want to EAT! DH is going to get Chinese!

I burnt up 4142 calories today!! yupi3ti.gifyupi3ti.gif

Thanks for everyone's support!

And, thanks be to God, too--7 months ago, I rode 4 miles and it took me 1 hour and 20 minutes and I about died! Today I rode a Century! God is good!

WOW is all that I can think of to say to you GIrl:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: You done good, you done REAL good :tongue: :bigsmile:

You truly are an inspiration to us all here on MFP....and I want to say how very much I appreciate YOU being here for me (ok, ok, I know it's not all about ME...:laugh: ) but you know what I mean, right?:wink::flowerforyou:

Also sharing your photos along the route are a wonderful touch...thanks too for that....I loved it Shore!!!!! hahah and the pic of the odometer....:laugh: :drinker:
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    That is SO cool!!!! Again, what an inspiration you are!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing that milestone (or should I say 100 mile stones Ü :laugh: :wink: ) with us!!!!
    God IS good.....thanks for that reminder....
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are. I am sooooooooooooooo PROUD of you. I also think your photos are great. My other hobbies besides cycling are photography and scrapbooking. I love the odometer photo...makes for a great scrapbook page!!!

Cheers to you:drinker:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    OMG! this is the first I saw of this thread, and I just have to say that is completely amazing and inspiring and you're awesome! WOW! lol I ate chinese food last night...no century, just chinese lol
    :flowerforyou: Lauren
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Awesome, awesome, awesome.

I love your huge smiles in all your photos. Congratulations!

:flowerforyou:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Congrats, Shore!!! You rock!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    Options
    So glad I went yesterday! It is windy, windy, windy, today and raining off and on. conditions are supposed to detoriate throughout the day.

We just went down to the start to get my T-Shirt and guess what? One of the women taking part in the Tour today had crashed!

Her DH was in front of her on his bike and missed a turn; he turned real fast, she tried to follow, but with the wet roads, she lost traction and crashed into him. he was ok but she was hurt. We stopped to help--my DH has training as a Wilderness First Responder. We stayed until the ambulance came. The woman was 59 years old and they were only 6 miles into their 60 mile option route. My DH says he thinks she broke her hip! :sick:

The route actually runs right in front of our house, so I'm sitting here now, sipping on coffee, and watching all the cyclists ride by in the wind and rain. :wink:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    So glad I went yesterday! It is windy, windy, windy, today and raining off and on. conditions are supposed to detoriate throughout the day.

We just went down to the start to get my T-Shirt and guess what? One of the women taking part in the Tour today had crashed!

Her DH was in front of her on his bike and missed a turn; he turned real fast, she tried to follow, but with the wet roads, she lost traction and crashed into him. he was ok but she was hurt. We stopped to help--my DH has training as a Wilderness First Responder. We stayed until the ambulance came. The woman was 59 years old and they were only 6 miles into their 60 mile option route. My DH says he thinks she broke her hip! :sick:

The route actually runs right in front of our house, so I'm sitting here now, sipping on coffee, and watching all the cyclists ride by in the wind and rain. :wink:

It can be quite a dangerous sport, especially when lots of people are involved. I hope she is okay. Congrats to you again. I think we are going to do about 50 today.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    OH WOW! Well done hun, you did fab :)
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Shore, so besides accomplished, how are you feeling today. Are you tired or sore?

Congratulations again by the way, you're an inspiration.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Oh, that poor lady!!

Congrats, again--
    (coffee-- mmmmmmmmm)
  • shorerider
    Options
    Shore, so besides accomplished, how are you feeling today. Are you tired or sore?

Congratulations again by the way, you're an inspiration.

Well, my legs were a little stiff when I first woke up but have felt better as the day goes on. I did some stretching this morning and that seems to have really helped. I'm not tired too badly but boy, oh boy, am I still hungry!!!!! I could eat and eat and eat! Of course, I'm back on my strict MFP regime, too, so am trying to pick and choose good filling stuff without a lot of calories.

No more Chinese for me for a bit! :cry:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread now... WAy cool.. Great job shore:drinker: :drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    Congratulations on your Century ride, Shore, that's awesome!

How's Gerry?
    greenie
  • shorerider
    Options
    Congratulations on your Century ride, Shore, that's awesome!

How's Gerry?
    greenie

Gerry, "the devil pup" is fine and really feeling her puppyhood! Boy, what a handful. Plays non-stop for about an hour then is out like a light for a few, then play, then sleep, somewhere in between she eats and poops! Just like having a "real" kid!