I have been tracking for 15 days in a row & NOTHING!

Options
I have been tracking for 15 days in a row & NOTHING! Okay okay, i have only exercised three times sense i have started tracking my cal's, but i really thought that cutting my foods, sugars etc, would really help me shred some LBS. any thoughts to something else i should be doing (besides the obvious of exercising)?? Im feeling really discouraged =(
Thanks everyone
xoxo

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Open your food diary so we can help you adjust.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Yep - can't give much advice without seeing what you are eating.....also do you have a food scale - are you weighing your food ..... I find that a lot of people that start under estimate how much they actually eat - after 10 months I still weigh most of my food every day...
  • Elleinnz
    Options
    Yep - can't give much advice without seeing what you are eating.....also do you have a food scale - are you weighing your food ..... I find that a lot of people that start under estimate how much they actually eat - after 10 months I still weigh most of my food every day...
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    It took me a couple of weeks to see any results. Unfortunately, for some people, it doesn't start coming off right away.
  • lorianamarie
    lorianamarie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    lol how do i do that?
  • skyls
    skyls Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Go to settings, then Diary settings, and you can change it to public from there.
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Select the food tab. then select the settings tab and at the very bottom is privat or public. Select public. Then we will be able to help you.
  • shadowyprincess
    Options
    Once of my doctor's told me that the longer you have had the weight, the longer it takes to work it off because your body has become "attached" to it. Once I thought about how long I had been overweight it made sense that 15+ years of obesity was going to take time before I saw any positive results on a scale. After a few weeks I noticed small things; I was less hungry, shirts a little looser, more energy and then the pounds started to creep off. Walking helps me a lot. I try to walk for a minimum of 30 minutes a day and some days I walk for 1-2 hours. It may not burn a lot of calories, but it's low impact which is good for my arthritis and builds strength and gets the body moving so you feel better about yourself. Also make sure you are drinking several glasses of water a day.
  • lorianamarie
    Options
    thanks okay i did it, and there was one day where i was SOOOOO BAD, huh so don't look t that one hehe and then today i put a lot of things down for breakfast but it really wasn't, a food scale is a great idea! i need to get one!
  • methetree
    methetree Posts: 381
    Options
    drink lots of water, too. make sure you are weighing and measuring your food, not just eyeballing it.
    and exercise helps so much. I don't eat all the calories MFP gives me either, I wouldn't lose if I did.

Keep tracking... and you are doing the right thing by reaching out. This community has great advice and is very encouraging when things get hard.
  • WCRichardson
    Options
    I don't know if this will help, but in lieu of exercise, I'm drinking a lot of water. I've only just begun, so no progress so far.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You really are eating like you are a on a diet, like how my mom used to do it back in the day. You need more food, Are you hungry all the time?
  • lorianamarie
    Options
    not anymore, the first 5 days i felt like i was dying lol. so you really think im not eating enough? man this is so weird lol
  • beccau_20
    beccau_20 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I am definitely not the authority on this, but you don't look like you're eating a whole lot, which in my mind means your eating higher calorie foods, which tend to be fatty and salty... and processed. Are you drinking lots of water too? Also, you're protein seems a bit low to me. You may want to try a supplement (meal replacement).

It's a tough process... hang in there!
  • lbudnick
    lbudnick Posts: 6
    Options
    Have to agree with Elleinnz; it is so easy to miscalculate portions or sample a little here or there and not realize it. At least that has been my problem.

Another thing to consider is when you eat. For example, try to eat within 30 minutes of the time you wake up to prevent your body from going into "starvation" and storing everything. When I'm hungry (every few hours) I eat a small pre-planned meal of about 300 - 350 calories. This prevents me from doing something I'll regret, like raiding the vending machine, and I never suffer from hunger. I eat 5 to 6 meals like this a day and try to get plenty of veggies and fruits while balancing the macro-nutrients as much as reasonable. Finally, try not to eat right before going to sleep.

From my experience, it will get easier and you will see progress soon. If you can get in more exercise this will accelerate the progress as the added muscle will increase your metabolism and burn more calories throughout the day. Once this process starts, look out! You will start feeling better, your motivation will pick up, and you will start dropping weight at a safe and steady rate.
  • lorianamarie
    Options
    thanks so much EVERYONE! I need to kick up my water, exercise, scale my food, eat a little more. I don't eat until about an hour after waking, i will try and do it strait away, with kids its them and then me ;) i need to wake up before they wake me lol yeah im not the biggest meat eater and so i just started eating a lot of egg whites! my mcdonalds french fries you seen today was me not planning as we left but i have actually done pretty well until today on bringing lunch and snacks with me as we go. MAN trying to be healthy changes your life, but im so excited about this change!
  • Elleinnz
    Options
    Oh my goodness - you are not eating much are you - I would also suggest trying to cook / eat more vegetables, salads and if you can stay away from processed stuff.....

Have a look at my diary compared to yours - now my diary does not happen overnight - it has taken me 10 long months to learn to get rid of the pre-prepared / processed stuff and eat simpler and healthier....

I also had to learn to plan, and make sure I have the right food in my fridge / cupboard and available to pack my lunches for work every day...... today I eat more than I had ever eaten in my life, but it is mostly good healthy food (as I say it might take time to get there.....but try and take small steps :-)

Don't buy the things that will tempt you - or if you do buy small packs, so that if you eat some it is an occasional treat rather than a constant temptation.

Good luck - it can be done :-)
  • anitanz
    anitanz Posts: 72
    Options
    I agree with the others, you are eating a lot of calorific processed foods, and not enough 'real food'. You must be hungry! I would really reccomend that you start the day with a bowl of oatmeal with a topping that you like (I like a few nuts and 1/2 tablespoon honey), or maybe you could stir in a grated apple ( I see that you like apples) with a little bit of cinnamon. Then for lunch you could try a sandwich, or soup, even subway if you are careful with the sauces. For dinner you need to eat more vegetables and lean protein. Don't be scared of food, you need it to fuel your body, but you need to give your body the right fuel so it's all about smart choices.

There are some great recipies on the recipe pages here which you might like to try.

And yes, a little exercise wouldn't hurt:smile:

Good luck, keep at it and don't give up!! You will get there!
  • lorianamarie
    Options
    thanks everyone! lol i really don't feel like i eat all that much of processed foods, can you take a look back on my other days? what foods are you talking about, this could be helpful for me? my banana pancakes on here are awesome, really low cal made with one banana and two egg whites thats it. hmmm ahhh i feel so at loss i guess it will take me a while to figure it out
  • lorianamarie
    Options
    okay you guys are right! i just looked at a review of what i was eating! grrrr