Free day - never again

Options
2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    After 10 days of sub 1,600 calories, I put up a 3,000 calorie day on Saturday. It totally wrecked everything I've been doing. on Sunday and Monday, I was hungry all day and ended up 2,500+ for both days. Despite three awesome workouts Sat-Mon, I was 5 lbs heavier this morning than when I weighed in on Saturday. I know a lot of that will go away after a few trips to the bathroom today, but I feel way behind in this week's progress.

I really want to remind myself of the last four days the next time I think it is OK to cheat for one day.

I would definitely recommend eating more on a regular basis. Your body has excellent ways of making hunger insatiable and painful in order to promote weight maintenance.
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I don't mean to offend, but that cheat day was a touch overboard . . . :P Usually on my "treat" days I will go 200-300 calories over. I truly feel they are okay if they are moderate and controlled.

The OP is a male. 3,000 calories really isn't overboard. That's maintenance for many active men.

Hello again. Male or not, if the OP has been trying for less than 1600 calories, nearly twice that much is a big jump.

No reason for him to be trying for less than 1600, and 3,000 is not an unhealthy caloric level. In any case, no one likes to hear how much better you are at cheating when they're already feeling bad about it.

Perhaps it could be between me and him. Thanks.
  • emma1488
    emma1488 Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm so glad for this post!:) I'm on 1350cals and on Saturday I think I ate over 3000cals. Felt really yuck by the end of the night. The next day felt crap, Monday was starving and yesterday I went over my calories plus I gained weight.

I don't think I deal well with cheat days. Mine was more so, I've had too much to drink, I think someone mentioned train derailment?

My cheat days are incidental, like if I have to go out to a BBQ or have take away, then it all turns to poop.

Reading this has reinspired me though