60 days no chocolate...challenge anyone?

Options
124»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
  • silverraiyne
    silverraiyne Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Whaaaaaaaaat?! Why? No way! Uh-uh, not happening.
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I could see doing this for a far shorter time if this was truly a vice, I admittedly gave up most chips/pasta/fast food for my first three weeks along with other carb heavy-salt heavy foods b/c I know those set me off and pull me off the wagon. I'm adding them back in though since I now feel like I can control the cravings and stop when I want.

I still never cut them out completely but I almost wish I would have b/c the day after say eating out and getting a burger I just wanted to eat everything in sight.
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Never!

Good luck to those who can do this though! My husband just brought home thin mints...... Nom nom nom ;)
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Heck no I NEEEEEEEED my chocolate
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Up until last night i hadn't had any candy of any sort since christmas. It's at the point now we're going to freeze the candy bars in the candy dish for later. I had 4 pieces of sugar free candy last night and that was a mistake...not due to the calories though lol.

Oh, dear.... I know what you're talking about
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Wow, don't think I could or even care to do that.

I'm learning the fine balance of moderation. I love chocolate. Just can't have it everyday. But if I have it once a week, and keep it that way, I have an easier time maintaining an overall healthier lifestyle.

I do realize for some people, its all or nothing.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    How the heck did this kind of craziness get bumped after so many years??? I'm gonna go get my Kit Kat and ponder this some more...

My thoughts exactly, I thought is was another MFP glitch. Now where are those Cadbury mini eggs?

????
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    How the heck did this kind of craziness get bumped after so many years??? I'm gonna go get my Kit Kat and ponder this some more...

My thoughts exactly, I thought is was another MFP glitch. Now where are those Cadbury mini eggs?

????
    I may be like 3 years late BUT I'm wanting to do a no chocolate/cake/biscuit challenge. Anyone interested?
    I pondered too until I saw this.... ^ ^ no need to ponder anymore.. :wink: Besides better late than never if someone wants to commit to a challenge... even 3 years later!
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I heard if you cut out chocolate you will turn in to a zombie :sad: :noway:

True story. Not taking ANY chances.
  • cwsreddy
    cwsreddy Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    there's only one appropriate way to respond to this truly terrible idea...

giphy.gif

pasta-chocolate-diet.gif

Chocolate-Festival-Kona-Hawaii.jpg

for once I agree with you wholeheartedly.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Umm....no?

There's nothing wrong with chocolate. And giving up things that are even chocolate flavored is just masochistic and ridiculous.
  • GingerLolita
    GingerLolita Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people would be so cruel to themselves by giving up chocolate. Maybe in 2011 the nutrition community didn't see dark chocolate as a healthy source of fat and antioxidants.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    I am going to give up chocolate for 6 weeks, starting next Wednesday. :smile:

I think you may want to read the posts on this page. Apparently giving up chocolate makes your weightloss stay at a big fat zero. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I'm going to go have some hot chocolate, just to be safe.

i think she means she's giving it up for Lent.

Yes, for the 6 weeks of Lent.

I know it won't help my weight loss as I will just substitute other calories for my usual chocolate calories - but as I mentioned in Lent thread, it is just about forgoing a luxury in order to practice self control and appreciate small luxuries i take for granted in my privileged life.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    " Lent thread, it is just about forgoing a luxury in order to practice self control "

Why the F would anyone want to do that? I'm not forgoing any damned thing I don't have to or want to.
  • AliciaNineteen72
    Options
    I applaud you, but NO WAY! I keep semi-sweet chocolate chips around almost always so I can easily weigh them out in grams and have some as long as it fits into my calories for the day! *Sorry! Had to edit this once I read it better!!!! I only saw the part about giving up chocolate and not that it was for Lent, like the person above said!!! Like I say, If it's for Lent, I do applaud you!!!!
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    No thanks. I loves my chocolate.
  • freehunter77
    Options
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,068 Member
    Options
    " Lent thread, it is just about forgoing a luxury in order to practice self control "

Why the F would anyone want to do that? I'm not forgoing any damned thing I don't have to or want to.

That's ok - you don't have to.

I don't have to either - the whole point is to give something up voluntarily, defeats the purpose if it is something you have to give up.

I think temporarily forgoing a luxury like chocolate helps learn self control, which is a good skill in life and it helps me to reflect on those luxuries that I have as a privileged person in the world and not take them for granted.