My mom's death sparked my weight loss of 110 lbs.

Options

Replies

• maritimemom
    maritimemom Posts: 192
    Options
    I'm so sorry about your mom. That must of been so hard to go through. :(

Congratulations on losing all that weight though! What a great accomplishment! You look wonderful and you must feel great too!
  • alana926
    alana926 Posts: 33
    Options
    Sorry for the lost of your mother but she would be proud of you. I lost my younger brother last year and it took me through a depression stage where i ate to console my self and i packed on about 20lbs. I took a look at myself and i said he would want this he would want me to live my life to the fullest because its how he lived his everyday. I knew it would take me losing the weight to start it off. Again you look awesome and you a real inspiration.
  • showme989
    showme989 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! Thank you for sharing!!
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You look soooo good! We have the same starting weight :) Hopefully I can get to where you are very soon!! GREAT job!!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your mother, but you did an amazing thing. Congratulations on your life transformation. You are an inspiration!
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    just amazing... my brother in law's mother died also at a very young age. Sadly sometimes its things like that, that get our butt moviing! you look just wonderful!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the lost of your mother but she would be proud of you. I lost my younger brother last year and it took me through a depression stage where i ate to console my self and i packed on about 20lbs. I took a look at myself and i said he would want this he would want me to live my life to the fullest because its how he lived his everyday. I knew it would take me losing the weight to start it off. Again you look awesome and you a real inspiration.
    I am so sorry about your loss as well. I am glad you also took this loss to help you turn your life around. Hugs!

Thank you, everyone, for your compliments and stories! You all keep me motivated to keep going. :smile:
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    You're such an inspiration!!!
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    SO SORRY ABOUT YOUR MOM, BUT WHAT A LEGACY SHE LEFT YOU. YOU LOOK AMAZING AND SHOULD BE SO PROUD, I BET YOUR MOM IS PROUD OF YOU, RED
  • SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    wow look at you !! your mum would be proud well done x
  • sweetie1975
    sweetie1975 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This story is so imspiring, thank you for posting!
  • torsaer
    torsaer Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever replied to a success story post, (though I read them avidly as I find them so inspiring!) but I just had to say WOW and so well done. You have done the best thing for your kids and you are truly an inspiration to everyone here. :flowerforyou:
  • stephfilako
    stephfilako Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You are the ultimate example!! Soooo proud of you and for TAKING your life back, ripping it away from an early death as well! Im sure you are an inspiration to all of us here, but more importantly, to your own children! They will see that mommy was able to make sacrifice and dedication to do the RIGHT thing and be there for them. You win because you not only made them a priority, you made YOURSELF a priority. I love that you love yourself enough to want to be there with your kids and family. I am proud to have you as my friend!

Steph
  • carmcd
    carmcd Posts: 115
    Options
    WOW! What a transformation! As someone who is just starting out here, you are truly an inspiration!!! SO sorry about you mother, but I'm sure she would be very proud of your AMAZING accomplishment!!!
  • BigAL456
    BigAL456 Posts: 56
    Options
    Amazing, inspirational and motivational story! Sorry it took the loss of a loved one to do it. Hopefully your story will help others in a similar situation and prevent someone from going though what you went through.
  • Gary6030
    Gary6030 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Your Mom would be so proud of you! Heck I'm proud of you and I don't even know you! WTG!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Nice work, and you did it the healthy way! *LIKE*
  • shellgoff
    shellgoff Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your mother! But glad you took matters into your own hands with your health! Your mother would be proud! And your children will be grateful!
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    Amy, I was in need of some inspiration this morning and your post and pics were exactly what I needed! Thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. Your children will miss so much. But they will have a fit and fabulous mom, a great role model and so will their grandchildren. Bless you and best wishes on your life's journey. You are so beautiful inside and out!

SW 271
    CW 161
    GW 141
  • Kimkimba
    Kimkimba Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful tribute you are to your mom. You look amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!