Stay-at-home Moms 10/27-11/2

Options
Hey, girls! What says "Happy Monday" more than a trip to the pediatrician to get a foreign body out of a 3yo's ear? Ummm...NOTHING! LOL Wish me luck! I'll be back to check in later.

I'm low on sleep so does anyone have a good idea for a good challenge this week?

TTYL!

Sara

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Hey, girls! What says "Happy Monday" more than a trip to the pediatrician to get a foreign body out of a 3yo's ear? Ummm...NOTHING! LOL Wish me luck! I'll be back to check in later.

I'm low on sleep so does anyone have a good idea for a good challenge this week?

TTYL!

Sara
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

TTYL!

Sara

first off, congrats on a stay at home/work at home mom, that alone is a job in deed and nearly no pay for.....

As for sleep, try having a routine of quite moments in encrements, get the kids in on it too.

As a challenge?? Go to the park or for walks or fall nature hunting. Just to relax....
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options

TTYL!

Sara

first off, congrats on a stay at home/work at home mom, that alone is a job in deed and nearly no pay for.....

As for sleep, try having a routine of quite moments in encrements, get the kids in on it too.

As a challenge?? Go to the park or for walks or fall nature hunting. Just to relax....

Maybe you could make a list of things they could find. EX. 3pine cones. 4 red leafs. Or in our case in MN 4 snowflakes. lol. You could go to familyfun.com and they have lots of cool things you can do with your kids also that might get you out and about. :flowerforyou: good luck to you
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm here! I'm ready to go! I've had a wake up call, I hope! I step on the scale and I've gained back all but 5 pounds of the 14 I lost late last year and early this year. Some of it is muscle, so I am not sweating it yet. I am going to try to step it up on my eating issues and I will work out this week! Even though I'm not motivated. Ha ha.
    I don't know what to do as far as a new challenge this week. For me it will be letting myself get a little hungry before eating. I don't know if anyone else wants to do that or maybe you all already do that. Or maybe when we are tempted to eat because of emotions we can do jumping jacks or sit ups or something instead of eating. I don't know. Just some ideas. They are things I might try this week.
    I am going to do my push ups today, as long as my back holds out (it hurts a little) and taebo today.
    I'll check back later!
    MM
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm here! I'm ready to go! I've had a wake up call, I hope! I step on the scale and I've gained back all but 5 pounds of the 14 I lost late last year and early this year. Some of it is muscle, so I am not sweating it yet. I am going to try to step it up on my eating issues and I will work out this week! Even though I'm not motivated. Ha ha.
    I don't know what to do as far as a new challenge this week. For me it will be letting myself get a little hungry before eating. I don't know if anyone else wants to do that or maybe you all already do that. Or maybe when we are tempted to eat because of emotions we can do jumping jacks or sit ups or something instead of eating. I don't know. Just some ideas. They are things I might try this week.
    I am going to do my push ups today, as long as my back holds out (it hurts a little) and taebo today.
    I'll check back later!
    MM

I would taebo, if my bloomin' kids hadn't lost my video-- :grumble: I like the website idea from the earlier post-- gotta check that out. We're basically surviving. I'd kill for time to try and get my kids engaged. Prayers for a new job for a mortgage business hubby would be coveted. Until he gets a better job, I have to keep working my home job-- which is good that I'm home, but makes homeschooling very difficult, and it's very hard on the kids.

So, my challenge for today for myself is to simply survive-- like every other day.

Have a good one--
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Marla - surviving is the name of the game here today, too. Right now, my 3yo is trying to ride his 6month old sister like a horse. :huh: Yep...survival. Still praying for you & the job situation! God will provide!

MM - with all those pushups you're doing, most of that has to be muscle, girl! Good luck with the eating this week. Marla & I are doing a "no sweets until Thanksgiving" challenge if you're interested in joining us!

I have to go check out familyfun.com. Now that the weather is getting icky, my kids are already getting stir crazy & are quite frankly, sick of me pointing out leaves & pinecones. :laugh: We go on a wagon ride/walk every day & we're always picking up nature things to investigate, but my 3yo told me last week that leaves are "old" so I guess i need a new tactic...and they discovered that pinecones are good weapons. They're creative like that. :grumble:

I really need to get ready for the dr. appt. It's been one silly thing after another over here this morning & I retreated to the online community to "hide" for a minute. Gone for real this time. LOL

Sara
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I'll have to think about doing that no sweets thing till Thanksgiving. It sounds great and I would be up to the challenge. I'd have to make an exception though. My son's 3rd birthday is the 18th and I know I'd have a hard time not having cake. :laugh: But I THINK other than that I might be able to do it. During AF would be really hard though. What counts as sweets? I eat dried cranberries with yogurt, and some snacks like that some times. Do you mean more like sugar stuff, cookies, cake etc? What about pancakes and syrup? I know maybe I'm getting too literal about it. I just wonder what all you two are staying off of. I will definitely think about it! I may have to make that my challenge this week and see if I can make it any further than that! lol
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    We're both taking it to mean no candies, cookies, cakes, etc... My son turns 2 on the 17th, so I think I may cheat that day, too. I'm not making a huge cake with homemade icing for other people to devour while I watch! :laugh: You can do it, MM!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Okay I am going to try the no sweets thing. I have a 100 calorie pack of fudge cookies that I am finishing up this afternoon and then that's it! I will chew gum though, don't know if that counts, but it keeps me from eating! My DH needs to take the jolly ranchers to work with him tomorrow! lol I'll let my hubby in on what I am doing so he can help me. This is not going to be easy! I am thinking I may just eat stuff without even thinking about it, you know?
    I decided not to do taebo today. I did my push ups and my back is hurting a little. I don't think it's from the push ups. So I am resting again today and getting back at it tomorrow!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    My husband has the laptop today so this will probably be my only check in b/c I'm on the dinosaur of a computer we have in our basement. Plus, I have a million things to do today & my 3yo is following me around like I have a string tied to his waist. :mad: Irritating when I'm trying to do things like mop the floor before the younger 2 wake up. Oh, well. Life goes on & the floor will have to stay FILTHY!

Have a happy Tuesday, ladies!

Sara
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I'm here today. My back is still sore. I think I am going to work out today anyway. Maybe working out is what I need. If it gets worse then I know to take a few days off again. My son has been good but really kind of moody lately. He doesn't express what's wrong with him so I just have to guess and try to entertain him a lot. I will get taebo in today (without weights probably) some time. I am going to clean up right now since the house is pretty decent at the moment and won't take long.
    3BB, I understand about having a child that won't leave your side. Right now Alex won't even let daddy take him to the bathroom. He only wants me! The only thing he will let daddy do is rough house. Everything else is my job. I sure could use a break though.
    I hope you all have a good day!
    Thanks for starting the SAHM thread. It's been helpful.
    Oh yes, no sweets today! I'm trying to be good! :wink:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    So I started to make a list of all the things I want to accomplish today. HA! I got some done & came down here for a moment of sanity. 1,000 toys in our house & the boys have been fighting over a cheap plastic phone all morning. I finally gave up & took it away from both of them. It has just been odd over here today.

MM - I'm sorry Alex is going through the mommy stage right now, too. It gets OLD. I love that he wants to have me around, but sometimes I like to pee by myself, KWIM? :laugh: I hope your back feels better soon & good luck with the sweets! I know you can do it!

I'd like to take credit for the SAHM group, but Audry was the one that initiated it...where did she go anyways?

Back to my list!
  • Marla64
    Options
    I sure could use a break though.

Okay-- I'm going to just ignore this :wink: Try my world on for size-- :grumble:

Seriously-- I'm just teasing. Clingy kids can get the better of you, whether you have one, three or more-- hang in there and cherish these days. They will be gone before you know it.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    No thank you on the 9 kids, Marla! I'm good at 3. I already feel like a child-tree as it is. :laugh: I have a hard time cherishing these days some times. I've been making more of a conscious effort, though. We go out of our way to do fun activities & I work on taking pics & journaling so I can remember the "good" things...instead of the things like my boys fighting over the same stupid plastic phone all day long. :grumble:

My grandma & great aunt are coming over to "visit" today so wish me luck. They're as exhausting as my children...and louder...and they fight more. What can you expect from 60-something sisters? :grumble:

Have healthy Wednesdays, ladies!

Sara
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I'll pass on the 9 kids too Marla! I am not ready for that! The Lord gives us grace to deal with what we have. He must be giving you a WHOLE lot of grace!!! :laugh: Kudos to you for homeschooling your kids and everything. That's awesome. That's the plan here too! Except probably not nine of them!
    What do you do for a break? Do you ever get to go out on dates with your hubby? Do you ever get some time away?
    All right, I did my push ups today and I can tell I am getting a lot stronger. My back is better, though a little stiff. Probably from sitting too much. I am going to do Shred in a minute.
    Last night I got to asking my hubby what all things qualify as sweets. :laugh: I asked him if blueberry muffins qualify as sweets. He gave me a look and then said, "Well, maybe not if you eat them for breakfast, but if you eat one as dessert it does." :laugh: So I have had blueberry muffins for breakfast. I hope that doesn't mean I am cheating. I made them before I started the challenge. :tongue: I am doing well otherwise!
    I've gotten my grocery list made to start the elimination allergy diet next Monday. I hope I am as motivated to do it next week as I am today! I'm tired a whole lot and get some mean headaches so I am going to see if foods are doing it. Also it will help me eat better and I'll lose a few pounds!
    I wrote another novel. Can you tell I am lonely for adult conversation? :laugh:
    MM
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'll pass on the 9 kids too Marla! I am not ready for that! The Lord gives us grace to deal with what we have. He must be giving you a WHOLE lot of grace!!! :laugh: Kudos to you for homeschooling your kids and everything. That's awesome. That's the plan here too! Except probably not nine of them!
    What do you do for a break? Do you ever get to go out on dates with your hubby? Do you ever get some time away?
    All right, I did my push ups today and I can tell I am getting a lot stronger. My back is better, though a little stiff. Probably from sitting too much. I am going to do Shred in a minute.
    Last night I got to asking my hubby what all things qualify as sweets. :laugh: I asked him if blueberry muffins qualify as sweets. He gave me a look and then said, "Well, maybe not if you eat them for breakfast, but if you eat one as dessert it does." :laugh: So I have had blueberry muffins for breakfast. I hope that doesn't mean I am cheating. I made them before I started the challenge. :tongue: I am doing well otherwise!
    I've gotten my grocery list made to start the elimination allergy diet next Monday. I hope I am as motivated to do it next week as I am today! I'm tired a whole lot and get some mean headaches so I am going to see if foods are doing it. Also it will help me eat better and I'll lose a few pounds!
    I wrote another novel. Can you tell I am lonely for adult conversation? :laugh:
    MM

Well, actually-- it got harder before it got easier. Now that I have teens and pre-teens and pre-pre-teens to help with the younguns, life isn't so difficult. Keeping organized is always my toughie. Hubby picks up the slack and helps me organize them when I'm failing. Bottom line-- a lot of grace, I guess-- sometimes I think I'm blowing it, other times I think, "Hey, I'm not doing too bad. These kids aren't THAT screwed up."

DH and I take lunch dates most often. He works from home, so we're all home all day, except my oldest in high school-- an experiment we didn't really like, but he was "thisclose" to graduation, so we allowed him to finish. He's a senior this year-- can't wait till he's outa there. (and here-- :wink: ) Fear the teen years-- be very, very afraid.

Blueberry Muffins, huh? Actually we were discussing the merits of them this week on the sweets thread. I avoided them because I thought it felt a bit too close to sweets-- 3babybeans said she would have counted them as a fruit. LOL -- I was close again to having one for breakfast this morning, but didn't-- but, I think I'm with your hubby-- no biggie on the muffins, if it's a meal.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I only have a second, but I wanted to vote a second time on blueberry muffins being a fruit. FRUIT, I say! :bigsmile:

sara
  • Marla64
    Options
    I only have a second, but I wanted to vote a second time on blueberry muffins being a fruit. FRUIT, I say! :bigsmile:

sara

snapoutofit.gif

:bigsmile:
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    I second the fruit on the blueberry muffins! :laugh:
    I am chipper today! I stepped on the scale this morning and I lost 2.5 pounds since Monday! I can't tell you how good that makes me feel because I have only been gaining for since March! I hope it stays off!
    I am pretty excited about starting my new diet on Monday. I'm glad it's only temporary! I also found a place that makes gluten free casein free cakes so I can do that for Alex's birthday! If it's not too much! It starts at $45, which is kind of high because I can get a regular cake at Walmart for $20. But at least I know there's a place that does that! Does it beat making everything myself? Probably. lol
    My exercise for the day was 2 1/2 hours of shopping. I don't know what else I will do. I need to clean and do laundry so that might be it!
    I need to go find some thing else to eat besides the salad. I'm still hungry! Have a good day!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Oh and our shopping trip was kind of funny. Alex has a very long torso, tiny hips, no bottom, and fairly long legs I guess. He's potty trained so the bulk of a diaper is gone. Most of the pants he wore last winter were too long and too big around the hips, so I thought they'd fit this year. They're too short now,but the waist is still too big! And they're size 24 months! He's going to be 3 in 3 weeks! So we're walking through the store and I turn around and see them hanging around his lower hips and underwear. He's in style right? I pull them up and walk some more. A little later, I'm not only seeing under wear but a little crack too. :laugh: Poor kid. How embarrassing. I spent most of my time keeping his pants up! I did buy him a couple of pair that are stretchy in the waist and I hope they fit. I wish I had the problem of my pants falling down! :laugh: It was just funny.