People don't really eat like that...

Options
1235»

Replies

• bassettpig
    bassettpig Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like how processed foods and empty carbs are now considered "real" food in our society now.

I was thinking the same. Thin people eat real food - by real I mean veggies, fruit, stuff thats grown. That's normal food!

I recently started eating in a Primal/Paleo way. When eating more of a standard diet (altho never ate much processed food), I would be ravenous on 1200 calories a day. Now that I'm leaving out grain products, nuts and most dairy, I find I am full enough on that. This is kind of an interesting experiment so far. (Not saying anyone should or should not do this, just reporting a finding....)
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    So, I've been looking around at people's open food diaries, particularly people who have posted in the "Success" threads and seen great progress. Most of the diaries I've looked at are pretty empty...a lot of chicken (yuck) and vitamins, a few protein shakes and egg whites (yuck). I'm not knocking anyone because I'm certainly not seeing the success that others are, but I have to ask: Who eats like that in real life? And, can you really expect to maintain the weight loss if you lose it by eating only 3 oz of chicken and some baby carrots every day?

Any OTHER suggestions for success, or am I just wishful thinking? :ohwell:

You need to check out some other diaries! Not everyone here is on a mission to starve themselves. I certainly didn't and don't. I lost all the weight i wanted to lose and I can guarantee there was never a day that consisted of 3 oz of chicken and a few baby carrots.

And you are right, starving yourself doesn't work over the long haul.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    i think u can see my diary if u friend me. I've only just started, but I don't eat like that. Later, when I've lost some, I might eat a meal like that so I can have a few drinks on the weekend or something - I eat meals & snacks- staying around 1200 calories/day - and not hungry and yes, with some determination & support, I intend to eat like this for life - for a LONG & Healthy life
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Whoa! White flag waving!!! Some of you guys are getting all defensive over this and I'd like to clarify a few things:

First, I didn't say you weren't real people. Obviously you breathe, so you're real! :laugh:

Second, I didn't say anything against healthy or clean eating. Obviously we all have to change our diets to eat healthier. (Duh.) But sheesh...Some of you defend chicken like it's your brother. Chill, man. :laugh:

I am talking about people who pattern eat the same EXACT foods (in this case chicken) in miniscule amounts EVERY day. I am convinced you can have a variety of foods and still eat lean and healthy and be full.

And, to those of you defending vitamins, why do people list that among their snacks? I hope it's just for record keeping, 'cause that's not food.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    And, to those of you defending vitamins, why do people list that among their snacks? I hope it's just for record keeping, 'cause that's not food.

I don't know about other people, but I list the supplements (calcium+D) I take with the meal that I take them with. It's only for the purpose of keeping track of the nutrients in them, though.
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Well, that makes sense. Okay. Thanks.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I like how processed foods and empty carbs are now considered "real" food in our society now.

well said.

Food is fuel! :happy:
  • randomartisrgirl
    Options
    I usually eat what I normally eat, minus some of the obviously unhealthy things (and ven those I sometimes substitute). Like, I eat a lot of complex carbs (potatoes, brown rice, wheat pasta, sometimes a little bit of air-popped popcorn with a little margarine), because I know that if I lose weight eating like a baby rabbit I'm just going to go back to eating the things I love afterward. So I lose weight eating it, and practice doing it in moderation. But I'm already a vegetarian, so I wouldnt't be eating chicken anyway.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

I don't know about other people, but I list the supplements (calcium+D) I take with the meal that I take them with. It's only for the purpose of keeping track of the nutrients in them, though.

I list my Fish Oil Supplement so I remember to take it. And it has 13 calories. Not that 13 calories is going to make any difference one way or another. :smile: