ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE ROUND 2

Options
This 2nd challenge, it is all about making fitness and getting active FUN! The idea is to break out your Zumba Game, Zumba DVD's and or attend Zumba classes to loose weight.

Our challenge is to incorporate or mainly use Zumba 3+ times per week, starting Thursday July 14th until Sundayl Aug 14th, 2011.
Be sure to post your ZUMBA experience updates daily. If daily is not possible then post weekly. So who's still in it to win it or interested for the first time?

PLEASE feel free to join us for the 2nd round of ZUMBA FITNESS CHALLENGE! 123.....ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Replies

• misscfe
    misscfe Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba but I usually only get to go twice a week. Gotta change up my activity thru out the week so I don't plateau.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    i do zumba every day.
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not? I'll give this a go. I paid $100 for those DVDs, so I better use them.

What's your Zumba medium? DVDs? Classes? Game? Any tips for learning the moves, or would you suggest just jumping right into it?
  • pitbullmama
    pitbullmama Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Got my Zumba dvd's today.
  • Liss_79
    Liss_79 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've just started doing Zumba with my friend. We're doing it on the Kinect. It was SO much fun tonight! I'll be back tomorrow.
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I want to join,I missed the first challenge,I try to do some type of zumba 3 times a week for 20-45 minutes =)
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    Sure, why not? I'll give this a go. I paid $100 for those DVDs, so I better use them.

What's your Zumba medium? DVDs? Classes? Game? Any tips for learning the moves, or would you suggest just jumping right into it?

Personally, I attend Live Zumba classes as well as, use my Wii game system. Use whatever works for you. I suggest purchasing a Heart Rate Monitor to get an accurate account of the calories your burning.
  • Keegansmum6
    Options

I use dvds,and normally take a class once a week at my local y how ever i am away from homw this week and i think will only get to do dvds
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    I totally blew it for the first challenge but I will do my best for this second one :)
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I am still pretty much a Zumba newbie and still learning the steps. I have the DVD's and just received the Zumba Wii for my birthday.
  • mmiiaa
    mmiiaa Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Personally, I attend Live Zumba classes as well as, use my Wii game system. Use whatever works for you. I suggest purchasing a Heart Rate Monitor to get an accurate account of the calories your burning.

I do want a Heart Rate Monitor, however I work a minimum wage job, and I'm trying to save up as much money as possible before starting college so I can enjoy the finer things in life such as feeding myself. But it is on my list. Do you know how many calories you burn doing Zumba? I found a website that gives you an estimate, and then I rounded way down for logging purposes to be on the safer side. Mine says I burn 900ish in an hour, but I set it as 800. Mind trying it out for me if you know how many calories you typically burn? Here's the site: http://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/

I use dvds,and normally take a class once a week at my local y how ever i am away from homw this week and i think will only get to do dvds

Nice! How are the classes in comparison to the DVDs? I've been thinking about taking one? And what do you suggest about choreography?
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm in! I started taking a Zumba class twice a week about 4 months ago after hearing multiple friends talk about how fun it was! I definitely like the actualy class the best, followed by the Zumba for Wii game. I calculate the calories burned by using the site zumbacalories.com. It's such fun and a fantastic burn too! It's the only exercise I have ever done that when I finish, I think, that was so much fun I could do it again!
    Nancy
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I would love to join in on the challenge! For the past couple weeks I've been trying to Zumba for at least 20-minutes (either on the Wii or DVD) every day during the week. It's really given me a boost and I have more energy. I put as much effort into it as possible, and it's a great work-out - I'm soaked by the end of every session!

I don't know if it's helping with weight-loss yet, as I only weigh myself once a month or less than that (I mostly go by how my clothing fits and how I feel), but I'm sure doing such a good work-out will have it's rewards.
  • Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Thank you for coming up with this challenge! I have been pretty committed to healthy eating, but sometimes my exercise goes by the wayside and that is not a good thing! Every motivational tool is helpful!! Thanks, thanks, thanks!! :flowerforyou:
  • mammacano
    mammacano Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I am so in! I just got Zumba for the XBOX 360 and absolutely live it! I did 30 min's today and had so much fun! :happy:
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I am in! I have zumba for the xbox and i try to go to the classes with my mom. I started going last year around may but stopped at the beginning of this year bc she got sick and i didnt want to go by myself. I did 20 mins yesterday and was so wore out! I done 1 hour class last thursday and i like the classes better but cant always go or pay for it. I am going to try to do at least 40 mins on the xbox and take 2 1hour classes a week. wish me luck!
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    im still in i try to do zumba most days on the wii
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Reported on the other thread. Zumba class today was awesome. Lots of new stuff from the conference.

For the person who wanted a better estimator: www.zumbacaloriees.com comes pretty close for me. If you have a smart phone, you can also download cardio pro and wear it while exercising for a good guess.
  • Keegansmum6
    Options
    lol not sure if we are keeping tabs yet but today did zumba sculpt and tone for 40 minutes and yesterday did the zumba 20 minute expres
  • strawberry1969
    strawberry1969 Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    45 minutes intermediate level again for me today