Weirdest weight loss comment?

Options
So I have lost 12lbs and people are just starting to notice that something is different. I'm realizing that people's reactions to my weight loss are pretty darn funny!

What is the funniest comment you have gotten about your weight loss?

My fav is my mother who so delicately pointed out that, "You look less bloated!"

She is so just jealous, lol. :laugh:

Replies

• DjBliss05
    DjBliss05 Posts: 682
    Options
    So I have lost 12lbs and people are just starting to notice that something is different. I'm realizing that people's reactions to my weight loss are pretty darn funny!

What is the funniest comment you have gotten about your weight loss?

My fav is my mother who so delicately pointed out that, "You look less bloated!"

She is so just jealous, lol. :laugh:
  • Cassia
    Cassia Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I got one lady from my church tell me " Your caboose looks like it's carrying less weight for your train!" I don't know where that came from...
  • Mufasa0331
    Mufasa0331 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    oh oh! I got one!

My boss told me how nice I was looking and he could really tell the difference in my appearance and this hateful lady I work with who I kid you not looks like Uncle Fester with a red wig on came up and butted in our conversation and thew out
    "Yeah you look a lot less puffy" (Umm HELLO SHE LOOKS LIKE UNCLE FESTER, and I'm freaking puffy??!!) lol

My boss literally thought I was going to lunge over the desk at her...I laughed about it later but I was pissed at the moment...

But the puffy comment made me think of the Stay Puft Marshmallow man from Ghostbusters HAHAHAHA we laughed about that all day...

People are stupid...that's all I can say... :tongue:
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I saw my friends after about two months of neglecting them ( I blame college and work) and one of them poked me in the sides and said " where's your flub?"
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I lost about 45 pounds between visits home. My brothers knew I had been losing weight, but when I finally saw them in person, my middle brother said "Jeeze, Bri. You look weird with only one chin!"

he's a jerk, but now I only have one chin!!!:laugh:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    My wonderful brother in law who says hey, at least your stomach is smaller than your boobs now. Still trying to decide if that was supposed to be a compliment or not lol!!
  • majic
    majic Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've got a GOOD one.

My Ex-Husband noticed that I was losing weight. Didn't say anything to me in person BUT sent me a anonymous text telling me that I looked really good with the weight loss. This was back when I had lost 10-15 lbs. He didn't have the guts to say it to my face!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I went into the office for a meeting. One of the girls came up to me and asked how I lost all the weight, cuz you look really good! I said thank you, I 'eat less, exercise more!".

She said, yeah but what diet are you on? :noway: like you have to take a pill to lose weight.

So I started to say "I eat broccolli instead of chips"

But before I could finish the sentence she said "OH I can EAT broccolli!!" :huh:

So I just stopped and said, Great, there you have it!!:laugh:
  • Lifeisgood2008
    Lifeisgood2008 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    wow...I've lost 20 and no one has said anything.. I guess that's because I have so much to lose..sigh. maybe they will notice something when I get to the next 10 which seems to be difficult. I've been stuck at this weight loss for a bit now
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    a coworker noticeda change and said, Wow you look like you've lost weight!! i had actually gained about 30 pounds LOL
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Last April is when I started to loses weight and I took my vacation. When I came back everyone was shocked that I lost more weight. They keep on saying when I went on vacation I should have gained weight. :happy:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My old 'best friend' saw me after weeks of me being really busy (avoiding) her. But I showed up for her birthday and she said, "OMG Gab, you're disappearing! Look how small your boobs are!" :grumble:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    it's funny... i've lost 50 pounds but besides my fiance nobody really makes comments. They all know and i know that but it's like... unspoken. :huh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    wow...I've lost 20 and no one has said anything.. I guess that's because I have so much to lose..sigh. maybe they will notice something when I get to the next 10 which seems to be difficult. I've been stuck at this weight loss for a bit now

WOW YOU LOOK GREAT!!!
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    i often get from my family back in NY, "stop losing weight! do you want to be un healthy?" Duh im trying to get healthy and they wonder why they are all falling apart, large in size and depressed.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

Don't worry about it. You know when I first started losing weight no one really said anything anyways. I think a lot of people did notice but weren't comfortable saying anything to me because by doing so they are also saying that I needed (and still need) to lose weight. Stick with it and the compliments will come from others and also from yourself :smile:
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Obviously, with only 1 pound gone I haven't had one, but I can't wait till I do! And I hope it's off-the-wall hillarious!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options

I know what you mean - I've lost 21 and only comment I've had (besids my hubby) was my skin looks great! Hell with my skin my butt is smaller people!!! My husband is really good at making feel good comments for me but he is SO blinded by love!!!:heart:

Oh well - it's 21 pounds less with about 70 more to go....
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    it's funny... i've lost 50 pounds but besides my fiance nobody really makes comments. They all know and i know that but it's like... unspoken. :huh:

The people (other than your fiance) are delusional! You look great! I just looked at your pics and I can see the difference... Way to go! :drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

:heart: Kris
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My wonderful brother in law who says hey, at least your stomach is smaller than your boobs now. Still trying to decide if that was supposed to be a compliment or not lol!!

Yep. One of my girlfriends, who is not noted for her tact :noway: said that to me. We also were pretty much only seeing each other at the YMCA pool when we took our kids swimming. One day she saw me at a friend's party and she said, "Oh, I really can tell that you're losing weight when you have clothes on!"

Huh.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I never start to get comments from most people until I've lost about 30 pounds. Unfortunately, that's about as far as I have ever gotten on my weight loss journey before ... but not this time!!

I think in general people are uncomfortable mentioning your weight to you when you are overweight ... as if you didn't KNOW you needed to lose weight!!