Need to lose 100lbs. Need encouragement.

Options
Really want to quit. Ugh.

Replies

• janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Don't give up ... i know it is a struggle (just got back on the wagon myself this week) but YOU are worth it!!!!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    No quitting!!@!!
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    You need to find supportive friends on here. You need to be inspired by people that are going through the same thing you are going through. I highly recommend you friend people on here. You can interact with them, hear from them daily, and receive daily encouragement from them.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    When I think about slipping, I think about the reasons I'm doing this. If you want/need it bad enough, the reasons you're doing this should help keep you motivated.
  • beckey24
    beckey24 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! Set some mini goals for yourself along with rewards for meeting those goals. There are a lot of us here to support you. It is a long process, but it is manageable. I personally need to lose at the very least 170 lbs. Every little bit helps but just remember that you are taking the steps to correct years of bad habits. You can do this and you will do this...we got your back!
  • KateHubb
    KateHubb Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Don't give up -- I have the same amount of weight to lose and I'm down 7 pounds in less than 3 weeks. Now THAT is encouraging to me. Once you start seeing the numbers on the scale drop, you will realize it IS worth it, and the end result is going to be amazing. I can't stop thinking about how good I will look when I've reached my goal -- and I will feel healthier too. Are you happy with how you look now? If not, why would you want to give up already? No, it won't be an overnight victory, but it will be so worth it in the end! Good luck, you CAN do it, and feel free to add me!
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I look at the success stories and people who loose the weight always say it is worth it. I know it is, all the things I want are worth just eating right alone. Keep it up! and don't give in :) I am right here with ya I m looking to loose 90-100 pounds and its hard work. Friend me if you would like :)
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    When I first started I had 110 pounds to get to my goal weight , its going to be a slow process just take one day at a time and no quitting !
  • nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    No quitting - take it one day at a time. I need to lose a total of at least 85 pounds. The number was way too overwhelming for me when I joined MFP, so I set it into two small goals - 42 by 42 (I will be 42 soon), and 43 by 43. Then I'll see if I want to try and lose anymore. I am currently down 32 pounds. Join up on a challenge or 2 on here - they are sooo motivating! A great one you can join anytime is the Battle of the Bulge Summer challenge. I am putting the website address on here for you. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
    Nancy

http://www.wix.com/prplangl4/battleofthebulge
  • tjislovinglife
    tjislovinglife Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    You can do it one oz at a time
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :-) Don't give up, please! You're worth this.

Looking at the total amount to lose could get overwhelming. So try setting smaller goals... break it down in 10-20 pound increments.

Make small changes, instead of being overwhelmed with many changes all at once. The results from a few small lifestyle changes can add up quickly.

Also, take a look at this inspirational and helpful blog post "People who lost 100 lbs. all had these 5 things in common". I read it recently and posted it on my blog so I could refer back to it often. It's very practical information that anyone who wants to lose weight would find helpful!

http://roadtohealth.wordpress.com/2011/07/13/how-people-lose-100-pounds
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I was in your boat, and now that I have been going at it for a while, I feel better, I am excited about the progress and I am feeling more optimistic than ever before. You can do this and you will.

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can do this together. :smile:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    don't look at losing 100lbs - just try for 10 & take it one day at a time- MANY posts on here of ppl losing 100lbs & more - WE can do this! Great support here - don't get discouraged. If you slip, just start new the next day -
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    No you don't not really. None of us do. You "want" it to be easier, we ALL do. But it isn't.
    You can do this. It is hard and can be overwhelming but don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. I have 100 to lose after I just lost 61lbs. It will come off. Please add me if you need encouragement, because I have alot of encouragement to give!
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I have more to lose, and have found that the encouragement on these boards makes all the difference. Feel free to add me as a friend, would love to help! :-)
  • beautynthalight
    beautynthalight Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    im right there with you...we can motivate each other! i need to lose at least 150 myself ...so lets get it going...motivation is here !!!
  • sambustem
    sambustem Posts: 83
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!!!! I'm working on 100 myself! WE CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I got this inspriational message on my phone from Bill Phillips of transformation.com:

"Successfully achieving most any goal is usually a matter of hanging on after others have let go"

and another

"The last thing you want to do, is often the first thing you need to do"
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to quit? It took awhile to put it on, it is going to take awhile to take it off. This is not easy. We are all here to improve our health and well being. The question is do you want to change your life? We are here for ya. Reach out to us when you need the MFP Family!! We will talk you through it. Now come on lets get back in the race and do this thing!! Friend request sent! Accept me if you want.
  • juiceypinkberry
    Options
    Stay focus! I have the same goal of 100lbs I plan to reach that goal by June 25, 2011. My plan is to eat healthy and work out six day a week, 8 times a week. I jogged for 30 mins Mon - Sat..twice on thurs and sat, that equal 6 days and 8 times. I feel great! I'm already down 8 lbs in less than 3 weeks! Try to set a reasonable goal of about 2lbs a week and you will make that 100 drop in no time! Good luck!!!!