They should come with a warning!

Options
I finally bought Fiber One Bars this weekend.
Ate one this morning and went on an all day drive.

WHEW not a good idea. If someone had just WARNED be about the windy side effects I would have been more selective in my choice of eating time!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The good news is it filled me and was delicious!
000202EE.gif

Replies

• arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

WHEW not a good idea. If someone had just WARNED be about the windy side effects I would have been more selective in my choice of eating time!!!!

000202EE.gif
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    yikes, I had this issue when I tries fiber one cereal. Super yummy, but my tummy was super crampy for the next 2 days. I should have listened when people said to SLOWLY increase your fiber intake, lol
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Ugh, yea, I made the mistake of eating 1 CUP of the Fiber One cereal and apparently not enough liquid...it has the reverse effect if you don't lubricate the transit with some water. :sick:
  • BEFORE
    BEFORE Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I was questioning my source and then yesterday my youngest daughter of 6 years had one for breakfast and was pretty rotten the rest of the day. How something so cute could stink that bad was beyond me.

They are great for visiting co-workers offices, then leave shutting their door as you go.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    well I was stuck with myself in the car...for hours and hours.........I just wished my DH was there so I could pay him back!!! :laugh: :laugh:

0002016F.gif
  • DeannaK
    DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    i'm laughing so hard, i'm crying! :bigsmile: :sad: :bigsmile:

ahh.. fiber one bars. i love them. the bad news is the side effects, **OBVIOUSLY** <still laughing>, but the *good* news is that if you have one every day, within a couple days the side effects go away :)

it's just getting through those couple of days without causing the earth to tip off its axis :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I am still having 'the problem' so PLEASE for the sake of my family. DONT make me LAUGH!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    well I was stuck with myself in the car...for hours and hours.........I just wished my DH was there so I could pay him back!!! :laugh: :laugh:

0002016F.gif

well now I know how to pay my husband and daughter back. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Silly us!:blushing: :blushing:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for the tip! lol I just bought some of those to icrease my daily fiber intake but hadnt had one yet:ohwell: at least now I know what to expect! BTW, does the same go for the Fiber Choice chewables?

~Roni
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    UH OH (slowly placing the fiber one bar back in the box):ohwell:

Thanks for the info :blushing:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Oh I love the PB ones. My hubby would come home from work and say, "You had another one of those bars didn't you?":laugh: We call them fart bars. But they are SOOO good. The side effects aren't as bad if you drink lots of water when eating one.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem at first. After a week or so my system got use to all the extra fiber & now they are my favorite chocolate fix! I just made a 100 calorie pack of popcorn and crumbled the Oats & Chocolate bar into the bowl over the popcorn...YUM! So don't give up...it gets better!
  • sugartwist01
    Options
    i'm laughing so hard, i'm crying!

ahh.. fiber one bars. i love them. the bad news is the side effects, **OBVIOUSLY** <still laughing>, but the *good* news is that if you have one every day, within a couple days the side effects go away :)

it's just getting through those couple of days without causing the earth to tip off its axis
    I was eating one a day for 3 months, the "effects" never got better, in fact they got worse for me. It got to the point that I couldn't even fit into my pants anymore b/c I was so bloated. Sunday was the last day for me and I'm eating special k bars now with much less fiber and so far have been gas free :)
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Still waiting for the effects to go away. My dogs think I have gone nuts because I keeping laughing, thinking about you guys and this post!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Holy Smokes ( literally) LOL.....It just dawned on me that I was having this same problem last week, and quess what? I bought the Apple Strudel Fiber One bars last week......this explains alot.....:blushing:
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am still having 'the problem' so PLEASE for the sake of my family. DONT make me LAUGH!!:laugh: :laugh:

You crack me up!! I love fiber one bars....they taste so good. I have only had them a few times and didn't recall the side effects......
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I"m up to about 30g of fiber a day, so I don't know WHAT you're talking about! :wink:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

000202EE.gif

gotta love fiber I am dealing with those side effect DAILY! I upped my fiber intake. People are supposed to get 25 grams of fiber daily I am slowly increasing my intake and let me tell you my husband is tired of my increased fiber lol :laugh: :blushing:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    My DH asked if I replaced my caboose with an outboard motor?!?:noway:

00020067.gif