The diet that works.

Options

Replies

• tcooper81
    tcooper81 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Like my mom always said, "If you have to ask, you know the answer is going to be no." If you had to ask people's opinions, you know it's a bad idea. And this silly diet has been going around for years, and no one has ever figured out where Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital is.

It's on Scrubs on TV :)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Like my mom always said, "If you have to ask, you know the answer is going to be no." If you had to ask people's opinions, you know it's a bad idea. And this silly diet has been going around for years, and no one has ever figured out where Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital is.

It's on Scrubs on TV :)

*tears rolling down my face* That's awesome! ^^^
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    only lifestyle change & healthy eating works. the first part of diet is DIE - I'd rather LIVEit
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO!!!

The only diet you should ever follow is a balanced and healthy diet with exercise, burning more calories than you consume!!

^ This!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    No thanks, I'll stick with my eating lifestyle. Lots of veggies, berries (fruits mentioned have some of the highest sugar content) nuts, meats and lots and lots of healthy fats (avocado, olive, coconut, palm). Now this is something I can do for life.

good luck with it, though. You can't eat like that for life so as soon as you have to stop the "diet" your weight will go right back to where it was. That five pounds is most likely water.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    My scale oftentimes will show me a 3 lbs weight loss difference in the space of a single day, due to normal fluctuations. 5lbs in two days is hardly unreasonable, but I don't think the weight difference is actually due to loss of anything significant. Water loss is more likely.

What works better that a random diet that promises drastic weight loss like that is a change in lifestyle with gradual weight loss, because you can maintain that forever, not just for the duration of time you're on the diet.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO!!!

The only diet you should ever follow is a balanced and healthy diet with exercise, burning more calories than you consume!!

This.
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    for me, one of the most gratifying take aways from counting calories to lose weight has been the almost "out of body" experience.

by that i mean, stepping outside of myself and really noticing not only how bad i was eating, BUT HOW MUCH.

i think you lose that with these quick/fad diets.
  • trachnurse
    trachnurse Posts: 51
    Options
    I know a man who followed a similar diet to this, he lost weight very well, over 100 pounds and looked great but.... Even though he has been followed by a physician throughout the process, now that he is on "maintenance" and still being followed medically, he has gained more than half of the weight back! The problem with these diets is that they don't teach you how to eat properly, and your body doesn't seem to treat food the same after a period of time on them! I personally think it is better to just learn how to eat healthy, and exercise. Good luck!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    "The diet that works"?????
    Oh dear. I can only assume you are young or new to weight loss. If this diet worked I would not have been overweight for 20 years (that's probably when I last tried this kind of thing....)

In my opinion "the diet that works" is a healthy eating plan and the attitude that it is for life, not for the short term. I can do the healthy eating, still working on the attitude!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    NOOOOO!!!

^ This!

^^^^^^^ THIS! It can't be said enough. NO 'fad diet' is going to help permanently, only a lifestyle change will ...
  • Iceskatefanrn
    Iceskatefanrn Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Is the soup still up for grabs? That soup sounds good to me....
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    There's no way she could have gained 10 pounds of TRUE fat in one week, no matter how much she ate.

What really happened was she consumed too much sodium, and now her body is coming back to normal, releasing the water. That's the 5 lb loss.

^^THIS!!
  • shellyrell28
    Options
    nope because once you stop the diet you will gain 3 times as much weight back.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Unsustainable and unrealistic, so why bother. There are NO QUICK FIXES.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    That amount of loss in such a short time can't be good for you.
    Also, I don't care for anything that tells me what to eat. I decide that for myself :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    I don't like any diets that cut out any "healthy" food...fruits,veggies,ect..

Have you looked at the ingredients of the soup?

In my mind this is basically a "cleanse" you are still getting lots of veges - but losing out on most of your macro nutrients..... If you consider this type of thing I would not do it for more than 5-7 days and then jump right back on a healthy balanced eating plan.....
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone... these are the answers I was expecting - just needed to hear it.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Are people getting paid to think up diets like this?
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Are people getting paid to think up diets like this?

I'm not sure... and I know it sounds crazy.

BUT I have seen it work right in front of my eyes (i.e. my co-worker)... so the proof was there (kind of) so I was curious to see what everyone thought.