Do you eat in moderation or clean eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• vold94
    vold94 Posts: 256
    Options
    Right now, I'm eating in moderation and staying within calorie limits. What do you guys do?

I do the exact same thing
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    Moderation for me ;)
  • Nikkiairforcewife
    Nikkiairforcewife Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I may be a total tool but what is eating clean??

LOL! I was wondering the same thing. But I'm going to take a guess that it means whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables-- like nothing processed. Just a guess from what I'm reading.
  • hehehelol
    hehehelol Posts: 1
    Options
    I go like 3 months fully tracking everything. Then i have a month of just eating clean!

P90x FTW!!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Moderation. I'm cleaning up my eating as I go, but I don't think I'll ever eat completely clean. I like coffee too much, and I like it with lots of cream and sugar. :)
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    You guys can always look at my diary..for what i do in moderation. :smile:

Theres a few "bad meals" so dont mind..
  • Newkell
    Newkell Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I eat moderately clean. lol. Actually, I eat about 80-90 % clean most of the time. I will have a cheat meal once in a while.
  • itsirk1978
    itsirk1978 Posts: 31 Member
    Options

I am not 100% sure, but from what I read it seams like eating clean is a term used to describe eating healthier. I googled it, and there is a whole system out there. :) Hope that helps.
  • msjaxn69
    msjaxn69 Posts: 44
    Options
    I eat clean 90 percent of the time. Gotta give myself a treat now and again!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Moderation. I'm cleaning up my eating as I go, but I don't think I'll ever eat completely clean. I like coffee too much, and I like it with lots of cream and sugar. :)

yep, I'm there too...love my coffee! But overall eating healthier than I used to.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Definitely both. I eat a lot of fruits, vegetables and salads, however, I have treats in moderation and other foods Iike, etc.
  • MrsChasteen
    MrsChasteen Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Right now I try to do both. Maybe one day I will be able to eat completely clean. There are some things that are hard for me to give up like...whole milk, butter, white bread and pasta. Don't get me wrong I enjoy wheat pasta and bread just as much, but I am not gonna give up white stuff forever. I also occasionally need to splurge on candy or junk food. As far as processed boxed food goes I would much rather make it from scratch.
  • chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Definitely moderation.....I've been pretty good about getting some not so "clean" foods to fit into my daily calories. Cheesecake Factory anyone? :laugh:
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Moderation. Whenever I have to have something and do silly things to make it work... the food always makes me feel miserable.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options

Clean eating is eating whats natural. Staying away from processed foods.

thanks.... well i stay away from processed lunch meat does that count?
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I would say I'm about 80/20, but the majority of my 20 non-clean is clean-ish. Like . . . truly whole grain breads. Artisan pasta. Organic dark chocolate. Ranch dressing made from yogurt. Local, humane ice cream. Cereal with no refined sugar or sweeteners.

It all tastes better than the crap anyway, and after all the Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser and Marion Nestle and Nina Planck and everyone else I've read, I don't want to touch the crap. I don't even want to *look at* it.
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Both! I eat pretty clean most of the time, but if there is something I really want I will eat it in moderation.

Me too :)