Options
    Yummy ideas...TFS!!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    From the Whole Foods website:
    Overnight Oatmeal
    Serves 4
    This affordable, healthy breakfast provides protein, whole grains and fresh fruit to help you start your morning right. Simply mix the ingredients together and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy it cold or warm the next morning.

Ingredients
    2 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick cooking)
    2 cups lowfat milk or unsweetened soymilk or almondmilk
    1 teaspoon lemon zest
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds
    2 peaches or apricots, pitted and sliced
    2 tablespoons agave nectar (optional)

Method
    Combine oats, milk, zest and vanilla in a bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, scoop oatmeal into bowls and top with pecans, peaches and a drizzle of agave nectar.
    Nutrition
    Per serving (About 7 ¼ oz/202g-wt.): 320 calories (100 from fat), 11g total fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 13g protein, 44g total carbohydrate (5g dietary fiber, 17g sugar), 5mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium
    http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=345#comments

I do some form of this every morning during the summer when it is WAYYYY to hot to eat hot oatmeal. In the winter I usually do steel cut oats overnight in the crockpot with frozen fruit added in the next am. I often add cinnamon and nutmeg to the oats the night before.... adds just that extra layer of flavor. The zest from the lemon (or lime, or orange) is delicious in it.
  • mermx
    mermx Posts: 976
    Options
    This sounds really strange but.... no added sugar jelly that I make the night before with peaches and stawberries (enough for 2 breakfasts and 1 snack). So a third of a bowl. under 50 cals. A slice of weightwatchers danish bread toasted with 1 triangle of laughing cow extra light cheese. 74 cals. It`s very filling and keeps me going till lunch time :-)
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I like the ezekiel bread idea. I am going to pick up some sprouted bread today. I like oatmeal and yogurt on occasion, but tire of them very quickly. I am also trying to avoid packaged breakfast cereals. This morning I had steel cut oats with natural PB, but I can only do that 1-2 days a week before I'm sick of it. I also am not a big fruit eater. I eat it, but I prefer vegetables. I think all these reasons is why breakfast is tough for me! When I was heavy I never ate breakfast. It's a meal I know I need to eat (and ALWAYS do now), but I'm never excited about it. I want like.....dinner food, lol. I could be happy just eating spaghetti for breakfast, but that seems like a fat people habit.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Actually, alot of people eat leftovers from dinner for breakfast. You don't have to eat breakfast food for breakfast. Sometimes I'll eat leftovers from dinner the night before.
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Try a veggie frittata...I don't know how to spell that! For lunch or breakfast I will take tomato, onion, garlic, any veggies...saute for a minute, stir in eggs...top with a half ounce or ounce of cheese....yum! You can have it with toast. I have been getting low carb high protein high fiber wraps lately...not a 'clean' food as it is pre made, but I don't cut out bread, just try to limit breads and pastas when possible. I also enjoy a turkey sandwich for breakfast sometimes...and a lot of greek yogurt. I get plain and add my own fruit or honey. I recently made oatmeal pancakes and froze some. I am going to pop two in the toaster and spread with a little cream cheese and mashed fruit tomorrow.