Fat suckers?

Options

Replies

• Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    It's a crutch IMO. Mentally using them makes you think that you don't really need to lose that extra fat.

Haha, never put one on, have you? Trust me, it does anything BUT make you think you don't need to lose the extra fat after spending minutes upon hours attempting to wiggle into one and then adjusting and bathrooms?... forget about it.
    So in other words you're buying clothes that are too small or uncomplimentary to your current figure? I know people want to look good in clothing, but to use something to make you "fit" into them is a crutch. Again, just my opinion on it.

I wouldn't wear them everyday to fit into clothes are too small. My clothes fit right, however under skirts and dresses it nice to smooth out some of the lumps. Not to mention, it prevents the dreaded skirt wedgie. :P
  • TamiFanni
    TamiFanni Posts: 11
    Options
    hahha:laugh: That's exactly what I've named mine "My Fat Sucker Upper" spanx! I Luv mine for the Winter when it's cold & wearing a thin blouse or shirt to Christmas Parties. It helps while we get to our goal weight & not to mention it keeps you warm. I have a longer "shirt spanx" to keep it tucked into my jeans & helps the muffin top only. I haven't bought the extra duty ones you see at the Mall although they say those are good for ladies who've just given birth. Wish those were around 20 years ago. It does give my an boost of Confidence. I feel like I'm being Hugged & believe me I need that every time I go to the In-Laws:noway: :tongue:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    i beg to disagree. i have been using spanx and other "foundation" garments for years. the process of getting into them (and out) ALWAYS makes me think i need to lose weight! i like the smoothing effect. and to tell the truth sometimes going up a size in clothing is not the solution. many times, at least for me, an outfit will fit almost perfectly everywhere except my stomach. with a shaper i'm able to smooth that part out and have everything else be in proportion.
    Okay so for YEARS you've been doing this because you haven't been able lose the belly fat. You've admitted it yourself, that you ALWAYS think you have to lose weight, but because this "smooths" you out, you haven't done it. This would be a valid reason to see it as a crutch.
  • kw2s
    kw2s Posts: 16
    Options
    i beg to disagree. i have been using spanx and other "foundation" garments for years. the process of getting into them (and out) ALWAYS makes me think i need to lose weight! i like the smoothing effect. and to tell the truth sometimes going up a size in clothing is not the solution. many times, at least for me, an outfit will fit almost perfectly everywhere except my stomach. with a shaper i'm able to smooth that part out and have everything else be in proportion.
    Okay so for YEARS you've been doing this because you haven't been able lose the belly fat. You've admitted it yourself, that you ALWAYS think you have to lose weight, but because this "smooths" you out, you haven't done it. This would be a valid reason to see it as a crutch.

Your a man. Why are you commenting on women's foundation garments? I realize that yes they do make Spanx for men, but this is a ladies discussion. Spanx aren't noramlly used for everyday use, they are a special occasion item for that extra smoothness under clothing. A lot of celebrities wear them on the red carpet to make their clothes look better. Please stop telling us we think we are fat for wearing them.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

Your a man. Why are you commenting on women's foundation garments? I realize that yes they do make Spanx for men, but this is a ladies discussion. Spanx aren't noramlly used for everyday use, they are a special occasion item for that extra smoothness under clothing. A lot of celebrities wear them on the red carpet to make their clothes look better. Please stop telling us we think we are fat for wearing them.

Maybe he took home a girl wearing a Spanx and when he wrapped the package... ;) haha
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I have one. I don't use it every day, or even once a month. But I do use it from time to time. It's not my favorite thing in the world, but I do notice a difference when I have it on. I just look trimmer with it. Of course, my goal is to never need one :flowerforyou:
  • fowlmeli1093
    fowlmeli1093 Posts: 199
    Options
    Lol! Maybe we should put a fat sucker on ninerbuff's head! lol! Just kidding ;)
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    It's a crutch IMO. Mentally using them makes you think that you don't really need to lose that extra fat.

Haha, never put one on, have you? Trust me, it does anything BUT make you think you don't need to lose the extra fat after spending minutes upon hours attempting to wiggle into one and then adjusting and bathrooms?... forget about it.
    So in other words you're buying clothes that are too small or uncomplimentary to your current figure? I know people want to look good in clothing, but to use something to make you "fit" into them is a crutch. Again, just my opinion on it.

When you gain weight from pregnancy and pop out 2+ children...come talk to me about losing belly fat.
  • Stephanie08
    Stephanie08 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

LOL
  • Stephanie08
    Options

LOL
  • Stephanie08
    Options
    Not sure why that double posted.
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Dresses that cling look better with good foundation garments. They always have, regardless of size. It reduces jiggle and bumps. I'm not talking about clothes that are too tight, just knit garments that hug curves. I wear one with certain dresses when I'm going out, otherwise I schlep around in jeans and tees. :D
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My Mom and I call them "gut suckers" and I absolutely hate them. They are hot, itchy and make me feel like a sausage. My Mom however LOVES them. To each their own I guess. I have a lot more fun just buying clothes that are flattering to my shape. It takes longer and is more expensive sometimes and when you lose weight or shift weight they don't look the same anymore but I'm telling you I MUCH rather be comfortable. They also give me worse back fat. I rather have a roll on my tummy than 3 rows of back boobs from ill fitting clothes lol

I even wore my birthday suit under my wedding dress!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    And because I'm a man I can't have an opinion? Do you know for sure that Spanx aren't used for everyday use? If a lot of celebrities did crazy diets (and you know they do) would you follow suit? I've NEVER said you think you're fat for wearing them, I said I felt they were a crutch and that it may be hindering some from really achieving a physique that can be achieved.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Maybe he took home a girl wearing a Spanx and when he wrapped the package... ;) haha
    Actually it's kinda easy to spot Spanx wearers since the middle of the body normally doesn't match revealed areas like arms, legs, neck, shoulders and upper back. :wink:
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey, I'm thick skinned............I like jokes!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Not sure why that double posted.
    Maybe the Spanx are on too tight?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    My Mom and I call them "gut suckers" and I absolutely hate them. They are hot, itchy and make me feel like a sausage. My Mom however LOVES them. To each their own I guess. I have a lot more fun just buying clothes that are flattering to my shape. It takes longer and is more expensive sometimes and when you lose weight or shift weight they don't look the same anymore but I'm telling you I MUCH rather be comfortable. They also give me worse back fat. I rather have a roll on my tummy than 3 rows of back boobs from ill fitting clothes lol

I even wore my birthday suit under my wedding dress!!
    Kudos! :drinker:
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Who would like to see ninerbuff wear a pair of Spanx to his next big event ... under a tuxedo maybe ... in August ... in the tropics ... AFTER giving birth ... with the caveat that he must disrobe to urinate.

hahahahahaha.
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    LOL

If its a cheat who cares! :) You can't hide your true self... bathing suit or nekked; so you wear one that fits under a dress to look less lumpy? It will not make you think your are "skinny" LMAO I have had occasions where they were useful but I certainly do not wear them often at all.

Spanx are the uber popular ones and most department stores have a section dedicated to them.