Oatmeal

Options
2»

Replies

• FullmetalAlchemistMommy
    Options
    This is my favorite recipe for Oatmeal.
    Start you water and add in a tsp of vanilla extract. Add dried fruit ( I like cranberries and apricots) wait until the water boils then add in your oatmeal. When fully cooked mix in a tablespoon of your favorite fruit only spread (we use polaner all-fruit or smuckers simply fruit. Add enough milk to make it the texture you like a viola...amazing vanilla fruit oatmeal. I would eat this everday if I could.
  • hotwow
    hotwow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW now I can't wait to have my morning oatmeal tomorrow - so many new things to try!!!!
  • Goal4Good
    Goal4Good Posts: 115
    Options
    When I'm cooking my oatmeal, I put in a few frozen dark red cherries (so sugar added, they are sweet enough naturally) and a Tbsp of chopped walnuts and add a little brown sugar splenda. I also cook my oatmeal with water instead of milk but right before I eat it, I add a tiny bit of half and half. Its less calories than cooking the oatmeal in milk.

I also like a little bit of CHUNKY peanut butter and bananas in my oatmeal.

For my husband's oatmeal I do one of the above options but I add a TBSP of ground flaxseed as well. Its good for raising the HDL # and he has high cholesteral. Its the kind you get from genetics.....not what you eat.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i've used:
    - peanut butter with a bit of cocoa powder
    - peanut butter with honey
    - butter and salt and pepper (yes really *L*)
    - or even just a drizzle of pure maple syrup and some nuts

but mostly i have it with fresh fruit (raspberries, strawberries, green grapes, bananas, or blueberries... whatever i have *S*) and with fruit i always have either sliced almonds, chopped walnuts, or raw, shelled pumpkin seeds.

yum!
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I cook my steel cut oats in the crockpot and reheat leftovers. I add 1tbs peanut butter 1tbs brown sugar and some cinnamon.