Homemade or store bought?

Options
13»

Replies

• Marsha_S
    Marsha_S Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What's funny is that until somewhat recently, I despised cooking. I am a baker, I can mix some delicious flavors together to get something new, but as far as cooking spices and what goes with what; I'm at a complete loss.

But recently, with money being tighter around here, we've taken to cooking more at home, and since I don't work, I'm taking more responsibility for our meals. (hubby was the cook mostly) I don't LOVE it, but I'm learning to like it.

The thing I find most difficult is finding new ways to use up the food that we already have in the house instead of buying different stuff. We have a lot of fish products that we got from Angel Food, and since we don't typically like fish, I have no idea what to do with it. Mostly, it's breaded fish wedges, fish sticks, and breaded/fried stuff like that...so, really not up our alley.

But, I'd rather make something that I know exactly what the ingredients are versus buying a pre-packaged meal with ingredients that you can't even pronounce....

I'm happy to share recipes with you if you'd like....can you please share your baking recipes with me? I'm hopeless at baking! i think I knead the dough too much or something cause it always comes out stiff...so I've given up:sad: :brokenheart: .