Foods you love, but abstain from...

Options
Okay, I admit it. This was spurred by another question on this thread about foods that you dont like. A few people answered Fried Chicken. (as you can see, its capitalized to signify its importance in MY life-lol) I cannot understand that. Fried Chicken wings are like a drug to me. I cant even LOOK at them, or I may wake up with grease on my face and bones across my chest wondering what happened!!

Whats your vice? What do avoid, even though you love it so?

Replies

• HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Margaritas
    Pecan Pie
    Fast Food French Fries
  • ampharos
    ampharos Posts: 5
    Options
    Spaghetti. I LOVE pasta. I just can't do the carbs anymore-- and I'm sure most of it's mental, because I'm not really on a low-carb diet, I just try to minimize what I can.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    french fries...i love french fries, YUM!
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    Mexican food... if I go to a mexican restaurant its over...lol
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Chocolate. There's no way in hell I could have just a little bit.

2677177.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    cheese.....yuum!! can't eat as much as i use to..now i save it for the weekends to have on the other thing i love..french fries! :)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    FRENCH FRIES!!!!!!!!!! I love them, they don't love me:(

I also try to abstain from ice cream...but sometimes I fall off the wagon...
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti. I LOVE pasta. I just can't do the carbs anymore-- and I'm sure most of it's mental, because I'm not really on a low-carb diet, I just try to minimize what I can.

THIS! lol ugh and when I do see a nice big plate of spaghetti I cook some whole wheat pasta...but it'll never taste the same unless I have the real stuff :frown:
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Up until 4 months ago it was pizza, but I've learned to deal with it. Ice cream would be the food I currently avoid!
  • leonardk09
    leonardk09 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Buffalo chicken... and chinese food. IT'S BEEN SO LONG :(
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Cream cheese Jalapeno poppers. Ummmmmm.
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Before last week I would have said peanut sauce on anything. But I got some PB2 and developed an amazing thai peanut sauce recipe that totally satisfies my cravings at 45cal for 1/4 cup of sauce! Of course, I can't put it on pasta or rice like I used to, I put it on tofu noodles. Or dip whole wheat crackers in it. Or just my fingers!
  • msjaxn69
    msjaxn69 Posts: 44
    Options
    Chocolate! It doesn't matter if it's 80% cocao. One hit of it and I'm through.
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wine. I used to go wine tasting and buy it all the time. Now I allow myself one glass a week. Not worth drinking all those calories!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Try spaghetti squash. You can cook a half of one face down in a microwave-safe pan for about 7 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and leave a vent for steam. Makes a great healthy substitute!

For me it's anything with lots of sugar. Ice cream, oatmeal raisin cookies, dried fruit, candy, etc. I just have to stay away from it all. It's a terrible addiction (sugar activates the same "reward" receptors in our brains that heroin and opium do). No wonder carbs are so addictive.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    #1 - Bread, bread, bread, bread, BREAD! (not sliced sandwich bread, but really good french/sourdough)

Followed by (in no particular order):
    French Fries
    Tortilla Chips
    Hot Cheetos

Oh - and although (as you can likely tell) I don't have much of a sweet tooth - Cadbury Crunchie bars! (Thankfully they're not readily available in the US...)
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Rosée sauce + Pasta

Cheese cake

Timbits, the soft onesssss that are doing squeek squeek almost

Pad thai

All the foods that I wasnt eating often, but that I would totally avoid today :( lol
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Before last week I would have said peanut sauce on anything. But I got some PB2 and developed an amazing thai peanut sauce recipe that totally satisfies my cravings at 45cal for 1/4 cup of sauce! Of course, I can't put it on pasta or rice like I used to, I put it on tofu noodles. Or dip whole wheat crackers in it. Or just my fingers!
    I'd love to get that recipe from you!
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Chinese food from a restaurant and said to say BROWNIES!!! I miss them soooo much sometimes... they are tasty chocolate pieces of heaven!! I haven't had one in 6 months.... So good and yet soooo very very bad.