Foods you love, but abstain from...

Options

Replies

• SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I'm a hopeless romantic for........
    Wing, Pizza, and Beer >.<
    I eat them all, but in MAJOR moderation now.

Beer - I'm down to a couple nights a week. My boyfriend and I enjoy tasting new and different beers (not light beer crap...argh...If I'm going to waste calories, I'm going to waste it on something that tastes like heaven). We dont binge drink, we enjoy a bottle or two and call it a day.

Pizza - I still eat this hear and there, but I try to make my own pizzas at home. They are still 'high calorie' as dough is dough, but everything else about them is good, down to fresh sauces, skim milk cheese, and turkey pepperoni.

Wings - I eat these once a week during a weekly friends gathering. I only get a set amount of wings (boneless) when I'm there. As for wings with bones, I only eat them once a month tops. Its like a FRENZY when I start, so I have to limit myself on even ordering them.

Not taking them away from my diet 100% has helped me keep a grip on not going crazy when I do get to enjoy them.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    PASTA, PASTA, PASTA!

I absolutely love it, but as soon as I have finished eating it, my stomach looks and feels as if someone has taken an air pump to it. And it stays that way for the whole next day after I have eaten it. As much as I love it, the taste is just not worth the misery it brings me. :(
  • stephaniezoundi
    stephaniezoundi Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options

Not taking them away from my diet 100% has helped me keep a grip on not going crazy when I do get to enjoy them.

I think this is important and is what my philosophy as well!
  • mazza2marilyn
    Options
    ice cream and peanut butter. i never buy them now because i wouldn't be able to resist them
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I have very good willpower when I don't feel deprived. I *love* ice cream and actually do measure out 1/2 cup and say "no mas" when I'm done. The time I tried restricting my favorite foods backfired horribly (I now know what "binge" means). If I want something, I eat a reasonable portion and move on instead of torturing myself with thoughts of it.
  • amywatkin
    amywatkin Posts: 25
    Options
    Wine. I used to go wine tasting and buy it all the time. Now I allow myself one glass a week. Not worth drinking all those calories!

Have to agree with this! A nice big glass of red, with some cheese and crackers = major calorie overload!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm a hopeless romantic for........
    Wing, Pizza, and Beer >.<
    I eat them all, but in MAJOR moderation now.

Beer - I'm down to a couple nights a week. My boyfriend and I enjoy tasting new and different beers (not light beer crap...argh...If I'm going to waste calories, I'm going to waste it on something that tastes like heaven). We dont binge drink, we enjoy a bottle or two and call it a day.

Pizza - I still eat this hear and there, but I try to make my own pizzas at home. They are still 'high calorie' as dough is dough, but everything else about them is good, down to fresh sauces, skim milk cheese, and turkey pepperoni.

Wings - I eat these once a week during a weekly friends gathering. I only get a set amount of wings (boneless) when I'm there. As for wings with bones, I only eat them once a month tops. Its like a FRENZY when I start, so I have to limit myself on even ordering them.

I am inspired!! LOL I agree. I can be around boneless wings as well. Its the bone...! LOL
  • weesmallmamma
    weesmallmamma Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    chocolate!

i would walk on hot coals for chocolate. one bit is never enough

don't like dark chocolate though.

9375026.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • AlexandraR2011
    AlexandraR2011 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    White chocolate macadamia nut cookies... My mouth just watered thinking about them :) We had them for my brother's graduation party and i ate roughly 6.. I cannot have those around me anymore :)
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I have very good willpower when I don't feel deprived. I *love* ice cream and actually do measure out 1/2 cup and say "no mas" when I'm done. The time I tried restricting my favorite foods backfired horribly (I now know what "binge" means). If I want something, I eat a reasonable portion and move on instead of torturing myself with thoughts of it.

Nice. Hopefully I will get here. I feel my heart race at the though of ordering wings. I wont have ANY control!
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, hot wings, mexican food, chocolate pudding, pizza, cake, chips... can I stop now? I am addicted to food, and I am an emotional eater so whatever is with in arms reach is deadly!
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options

This is great advice! And it's true. I have found that when I get a craving if I give in and have a normal serving I am fine, but if I try to fight it I end up eating everything I can get my hands on! Thank you for posting this
  • veganjeanie
    veganjeanie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Before last week I would have said peanut sauce on anything. But I got some PB2 and developed an amazing thai peanut sauce recipe that totally satisfies my cravings at 45cal for 1/4 cup of sauce! Of course, I can't put it on pasta or rice like I used to, I put it on tofu noodles. Or dip whole wheat crackers in it. Or just my fingers!
    I'd love to get that recipe from you!

PB2 Satay Sauce
    makes 1.5 cups, 1/4 cup serving = 40cal!

1 box light silken tofu
    1.5 T splenda
    .5 t salt
    3 T PB2
    1 t red thai curry paste
    1 t tumeric
    1.5 t chili garlic paste
    .5 t coconut extract
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Cheese cake & Thai yellow curry with chicken until I feel sick lol
  • maureensm
    maureensm Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Doritos - Yes, the full on terrible-for-you-super-processed chips. I cannot not eat an entire 5-serving bag in one sitting :ohwell:

Cheetos - See above
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies. I can never, ever have just one or two.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm a total food 'ho. I abstain from nothing!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies. I can never, ever have just one or two.

YES!!! Along with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, brownies with chocolate chunks, pecan pie, and blueberry crunch with vanilla Blue Bell ice cream on top. I'm a total sweet-a-holic. You can keep your pasta, chips, pizza, and alcohol... I'll be over at the dessert table with a huge plate!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Oreos (although if I could buy a small package I would)
    Margaritas (I sometimes have one at a restaurant, the price keeps me from getting more).
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm a total food 'ho. I abstain from nothing!

This. I refuse to allow myself to believe that I can NEVER have something that I love. I am keeping things in moderation and working out when I really want to splurge on something I love...

I worked out 3 miles two days in a row to make sure I could have as much sushi as I wanted (some of that stuff is laden with calories)