Calling all abdominoplasty & breast augmentation vets

Options
2»

Replies

• TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a tummy tuck or augmentation but I did have a breast reduction and lift. The lift was to remove excess skin and drooping and I had the 'anchor' type of incisions. I had an awesome surgeon, he put in over 500 stitches in 8 hours of surgery and it turned out awesome. I have very minimal scarring due to the tiny stitches and his skill, had veryyy minimal pain because breast tissue is not muscle so you have fewer nerves to get irritated. I had very little pain, the pain I had was on the sides, close to my rib cage. I only took meds for the first 2 days and was in my pool, (that I take care of, so I knew the chlorine was sufficient), with my Dr's permission 2 DAYS after surgery, granted I did not actually swim, but I was able to get in and stretch and it felt awesome. I wasn't very active then so I don't remember how soon I started exercising, but I know I walked a mile or 2 per day. It was probably about a week or so afterwards. I have absolutely NO regrets, it was the easiest surgery I've EVER had and would do it again in a heartbeat. I am 51 years old and I have the perky boobs of a 20 year old.
    One thing I'd be cautious of is sweating or tearing out stitches by being too active. I didn't have that problem because I didn't/wasn't exercising enough to sweat at that time. Also, you will have to wear a sports bra that is kind of tight fitting the first week or so and it's not easy to get in and out of. I had to have help, so keep that in mind.
    Good luck and I pray you have a speedy recovery and enjoy your new body!