What's the hardest exercise for you to perform?

Options

Replies

• MoRedStar
    MoRedStar Posts: 3
    Options
    burpees. my big fat belly gets in the way. used to be bench dips but i can do those now. so now i'm determined to conquer the burpee.

These are the hardest to do! I hate doing them, but I still give it go..
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Power Snatch, very technique based lift.

Couldn't read this and keep a straight face. Teehee.

Okay. *mature face*

Why do you do the power snatch and not the full snatch?

LOL, I like your style. :bigsmile:

I prefer to do it from the hang because I messed up my back and I worry about taking it from the floor. It's still plenty challenging from the hang. I felt stupid for a while when I was trying to learn the technique cuz I was just doing it with a bar and then with two tens. Oh well, I learned how to do it though. :bigsmile: :smile:
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    As someone in a wheelchair as a result of a spinal cord injury, just about any kind of ab exercise is next to impossible simply from not having full core muscle control. I used to think it would be pull-ups, but I've surprised myself in how much progress I've made in the past 4 months in being able to at least do those. :)
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    for sure pull ups! I can do two right now, which passes army fitness standards for women so I would like to say I am ahead of the game, but man...those two pull ups take all I have..

Yep...when I started, I could only do about two (at 210lbs). Now I'm a good bit past that (and lighter lol)...but I still love/hate them. If you want to develop the muscles, to do more...do negatives. Do the two you can, then use your legs to 'launch' you towards the bar...while pulling with your arms as hard as you can. Once you get to the top, let yourself down as slowly as possible. This will develop the muscles you need, and you'll be doing ten of the things in no time =D.

My favorite are hand stand pushups, by the way!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    As someone in a wheelchair as a result of a spinal cord injury, just about any kind of ab exercise is next to impossible simply from not having full core muscle control. I used to think it would be pull-ups, but I've surprised myself in how much progress I've made in the past 4 months in being able to at least do those. :)

Wow that's pretty inspirational actually. Good for you!
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options

Totally agree! Thank you for sharing that!!!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I hate CURTSY SQUATS!!!!

there..I said it..lol

omg I LOVE THEM!! I do them in my class all the time!! people hate them, I say too bad, we are doing them!
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options

Totally agree! Thank you for sharing that!!!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the encouraging words! We all have adversities and things we have to deal with, right? It's the way we approach those adversities, though, that makes all the difference in the world. Even though I'm in this chair, I think I may be in the best physical shape I've been in many, many years ... if not ever. :)
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    parkour roll.
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Definitely BURPEES. I make my nephews do them cause I want them to be physical, and they love them cause they think the name is funny. They can do 50 and they giggle and say burpee every time. I can do 1. Then I cry.

But since I don't actually do them myself-it's the Dip machine at the gym. Thank god it works and I could see the results so fast or I would have quit.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Love banana rolls, HATE supermans.
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    thanx for your post. You are an inspiration to me.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Burpees and SUPER high box jumps (I'm comfy with about 2 ft and then I lose it!)

after months and months I can finally do burpees, but I still could careless for them, but was forced to do them. I suck at box jumps! I think I'm just scared of them when theyre really high so when we have to do them in class I modify it.
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Burpees and lunges...jacked up ankles and inward knees...
  • alz139
    alz139 Posts: 36
    Options
    Well a few weeks ago I would have said press ups (push ups) but now I think pull ups and tricep dips are worse!
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Love banana rolls, HATE supermans.

Love supermans and scissor legs! Really hate plank work...but it challenges me so It's enjoyable when I've finished. :flowerforyou:
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I can't do push-ups very well. And I can't do even one pull-up, kind of makes me glad I don't have a trainer to force that upon me.
  • jo_marnes
    jo_marnes Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    I can do about 1 pull up :-(

I used to hate sit ups but I have recently mastered them - woohoo go me! So now, I guess it has to be tricep push ups.

I'm loving squats/ lunges/ running and also like regular pushups... and tricep dips. But a tricep push up.... my God I'm bad at that
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I can do about 1 pull up :-(

I used to hate sit ups but I have recently mastered them - woohoo go me! So now, I guess it has to be tricep push ups.

I'm loving squats/ lunges/ running and also like regular pushups... and tricep dips. But a tricep push up.... my God I'm bad at that

If you've mastered sit-ups, move on to jackknifes. Those are a lot tougher for me. :)
  • Balsaboy
    Balsaboy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I recently joined a Russian Kettlebell Club in my town, and every workout has been fun and challenging, but by far this is the hardest workout I've done. We do our workout in a park and this particlular afternoon it was blazing hot, so that added to the overall effect. I do have to say I was proud of myself when I completed it! It's known as the "Chrissy" workout, and consists of a series of burpies followed by kettlebell swings. The point is to have every burpie or swing be exactly the same, so even at the very end when you're feeling totally wiped out, your burpie has to be identical to the first to count. Pausing to drink or catch your breath is ok, but the idea is to go as full out as possible to do it in a minimal time.

30 burpies to 20 kettlebell swings, drop by 5 for burpies, up by 5 for swings, so in the end you're down to 5 burpies and up to 45 swings. Here is a youtube video link that shows the exercise (not our kettlebell group shown though!)

Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCsVnvubjYo