returning user needing motivation

Options
I'm currently dieting using Metabolic Research center, it's working very well, but I need exerrcise motivation. I've lost 12 lbs so far without much exercise, but I'm going to have to start. I'm semi-in shape, but get bored :yawn: easily and I'm busy--I have about 30 minutes a day. Any suggestions for exciting excercises or motivation?

Replies

• lrraska
    lrraska Posts: 33
    Options
    I walk at a brisk pace about 2hours aday (broken up thru-out my day). I find being outside helps lift my mood and walking helps get weight off. Good luck to you
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have been going to Curves for about 2.5 years. It's quick (30 min), gives you both cardio and strength training, and there are other people there plus music. Works for me. Also helps that I can use it when I travel.
  • tkd_tigger
    tkd_tigger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Martial Arts! So fun, exciting, and every class can be different. Not to mention your always learning and doing new things.
  • Simply_Christine
    Options
    Hi! Welcome back.

Have you considered trying HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)? If you're not familiar with it here is a website that an MFP friend directed me to: http://www.intervaltraining.net/hiit.html. It can be done on or off a machine and you can pretty much do it on any machine such as a bike, treadmill, eliptical, arc trainer. Best part is...it should only take you 25 minutes max and you do it every other day.

Good luck!
  • skinnylove912
    skinnylove912 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Do you have a gym membership? If so, I reccomend swimming. It is good for your joints and burns up to twice the amount of calories than you would on a treadmill.
    I enjoy both swimming and running, and although I know that running seems like a death sentence to some people, just try a little bit each day, gradually increasing the distance. Listen to some of your favorite music that has a good, fast beat and enjoy the scenery of wherever your running, I enjoy mixing up my route from day to day so I never get bored with the same on over and over.
    If you still find exercize boring, just think of what will happen is you do exercize and if you don't exercize. Picture yourself in the future, how you'll look with exercize and without exercize. I do this a lot myself, and the 'me' that I picture with exercize always motivates me to work my hardest everyday.
    I hope that this helped! Good Luck everyone!
  • missionwtls
    Options
    Thanks all! Martial Arts sound great... and Thanks Simply_Christine I will definitely check it out!

Much thanks! I've only done walking and jogging before --and I need to mix it up a bit!
  • missionwtls
    Options
    Great advice, I definitely need to think of consequences to movtivate!
  • tkd_tigger
    tkd_tigger Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you want to look into martial arts a little more, send me a message, and I can look up some clubs in your area, or give you some suggestions on the different types, and the one that may be right for you.

I've tried many and have stuck with Taekwon-Do for 14 years and Jiu-Jitsu for 6 years.
  • aubarnold
    aubarnold Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Since you dont have a lot of time I would say to do strength circuit training....